• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Start of Something New~ (UPDATED 05/01/13)

Raisa Marianna

Briar Rose of the Demonai
Reaction score
Randomness!!! That's what I'll be putting on this thread. Just random things I come up with while warming up to mapping and showing it to you people!
I thank my good friend for teaching me how to map, so for everyone else looking at these mapping pieces, please don't hate! I'm still learning, and I want to get better, faster! I want to make a server sooner than later. =D

This picture- Trying to make a dirty forest/swamp area with a tiny dock. Messy, but first time I've worked with this kinda stuff!
Inspiration- Fable and Reckoning: Kingdoms of Amalur
swamp.png

This picture- FAIL BRIDGE. Couldn't get it to work. I gave up =/
failbridge.png
Version 2.0
betterbridge.png

This Picture- Quiet Path (in the works) for OT Project: Divergent
quietpath.png
UPDATED! Final (for now)!
quietpathfinal.png

Last edited:
Would love to see this on the outskirt of some city with night time effects and undead or swamp creatures lurking at night. Keep it up :)

That's cool! Can't wait for official realase of 9.8 tho...

Looks pretty nice, but it would be better if you used river borders instead of the thick grass one. :p

I'd like to see if you can recreate Queen Marianna's City. Or perhaps the Demonai camps.. Just some options.. But It looks good overall

Oh god, that would be something, Dark! True story, I wanted to use that city, Ragmarket and all, but I don't exactly have a picture to go by. So it would only look like how I picture it personally. But I do intend on doin that for the server I want to create :)

As for everyone else, Thank you for your comments! Reason why I didn't use the actual swamp borders is cuz I don't really like the blue hue. But I'll look into it!

- - - Updated - - -

Alright! Sorry to double post, but here's something new. It's actually a major fail. I was trying to make a bridge for an entry way for some fancy house building thing, but it took too long to make it work and look well, but I just couldn't get it to work at all. Spent way too much trying to make it playable, but I give up. Hopefully whoever sees this can get some idea for a new bridge or use it and find a better way to execute it than I did!!

failbridge.png

Looks nice, i'd like to seem more. I think the bridge looks awesome don't give up.

Also since you say this is about randomness -

[video=youtube;YFEO5HP5Azs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFEO5HP5Azs[/video]

Just had to, sorry.

My advice would be to think twice before selling yourself short, although I suppose modesty isn't entirely a bad thing. You obviously have a lot of potential.

My instinct would be to remove the southernmost waterfall in each recess leaving only a single hopefully satisfactorily centered waterfall in each. You could always expand in altitude to stop those sexy archways from conflicting with the waterfall sprites and perhaps add to the "majesty" of your bridge. I like the spicy details and think that the hydra statue could work better if u added something beneath it like possibly some stone rubble. I also think it might look better if it directly merged with a hillside on the southern end instead of going down the stairs which imo don't quite match.

Swamp looks great!

Looks nice, i'd like to seem more. I think the bridge looks awesome don't give up.

Also since you say this is about randomness -

[video=youtube;YFEO5HP5Azs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFEO5HP5Azs[/video]

Just had to, sorry.

Oh god... Why did you have to do that?!?! ~dies~ haha xD

@Selooth, yes, I know it doesn't fit well, but it was the only 2x2 statue that could cover the stone archs! =/ (unless i'm an idiot and missed another~)

@Ork, Thank you so much for your kind words! I guess I just have a habit of not trusting myself so much. It goes way back, that topic.
As for the waterfalls, I can't do one just in the middle, can I? Because the archs are 2 squares each... So I can't really put one in between :S But that was my initial thought. And yes, I was thinking about removing the stairs, because you're right they don't really fit. That's something Tibia needs more of, different stairs!
Oh and, as for the statue, rubble under it and all, I was supposed to add a platform there but I didn't get that far once I gave up~

But thank you people! I think I will try to redo it again, now that I've heard some thoughts and ideas. :D

I was also going to post that High school musical song after seeing the thread name, the latest piece is pretty nice I hope to see more built on to it. It also gave me some ideas for my own city :)

P.S Just leave out the hydra statue, doesn't fit (particularly well with the color scheme).
It would still look nice with another waterfall ;D

Everything done with new sprites looks awesome : o

And this bridge looks awesome too (not only because of sprites, but I wouldn't be so sure about those big statues on both sides, I'd place something smaller there)

Looks a lot better for sure, but I would rework the path to the south, I'll get some ideas up tomorrow when I'm home :D

Alright! As much as I didn't want to post this until it was actually done...I feel like I've left this thread in the dark for too long.
If you ask why it took so long to post something new (and that's not even close to finished), the answer is that I was working on putting together something big. Something related to my project. Oh, this little piece will be featured in the map for that project.
Anyways, before I head to bed I will show this little path I'm working on. Still needs tons of work, and I am a pretty slow mapper because I like to pay attention to the littlest details (as best as I can). More will come soon!

quietpath.png

PS: Oh, and there already is a teaser for my project. Click my sig :)

Last edited:
Back