• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The white city

I liked more deep blue water, maybe you wish to make asymmetric border ? I made it with pool and two different frames, kinda makes 3D and deepens water ^^

006325.png

When it comes to the cities, this is the best looking one for me, with all details and everything. One thing I don't like is the colour of water. Also maybe some more green elements would break majority of yellow on the map.

alright, i have re-worked the summer street, cuz the previous result didnt look well in my opinion.... here is the result:

rework1.png

rework2.png

rework4.png

rework5.png
Post automatically merged:

rework6.png

The eastern river street isnt finished yet....

and once again i dodnt understand why some screenshoots lack contrast, while other have very good contrast....

test.png

testt...

alright the last one has very very good contrast...

cheers!!

although the area where i live is not bad, sometimes i wish i would live in a similar area with such quiet, small streets, rivers and beautiful classic building haha

Attachments

Last edited:
It looks awesome! On top of the building in my summer towns i put some recreation zones with umbrellas etc.

The green alley

3versuch.png

this is just the northern end of the green alley. I will post the rest tomorrow or next week. Tell me how the b0rders/combinations between different ground looks. I usually dont mix so many of them.

I also copy pasted some of the facades, but my emphasis now is not so much on new architecture (you cant some up with new ideas every week), but instead with creation of a different atmosphere. Here I tried to make a long, wide street with some green stuff around. If you compare it to my previous screenshots, then you will see how much they differ from each other (at least I hope that you see it). The previous one had high facades and very slim streets; the high buildings were basicly "clutched" near each other, a kind of "walls", creating a small cosy and silent looking alley. Here we have something else: wide and more or less empty streets and the buildings stand far away from each other. I think it creates a whole different atmosphere.... can you gasp it?

In the coming days ill post the rest of the street, so maybe you get a better feeling for what I was aiming for.

Attachments

Last edited:
OKAY, CHECK OUT THE NEW PICS ! ! !

Here is the finished green alley

populated1.png

populated2.png

populated3.png

populated4.png

populated5.png

...wait gonna post some more...

populated6.png

populated7.png

populated8.png

populated9.png

populated10.png

populated11.png

populated12.png

populated13.png

And here is an overview picture of the whole south-western quarter.

populated14.png

So this is basicly the whole south-western quarter so far. I dont know yet if i ll gonna further expand it. But this is bascly how I imagine the city: busy, noisy, full with some peasants, tourists, merchants and so on. This is the biggest city in the world and creatures from all over the world come to see it, live and trade there. I think if you add all those creatures walking around, then the streets look so much better and more authentic.

and hey dont forget to click on the spoilers - there are more pics.

Last edited:
It's as green as the city is white. I would like to seea minmap of this city.. Must be huge

Hehe i dunno how to do it.

And it would be impossible anyway cuz there is no "ground floor". The city has many lvls and stairs.... :/

After i finish some stuff, ill post a huge overview pic once again that will include new areas

probe.png

probe2.png

probe3.png

probe5.png

Tell me which one is the best one.

I also have created another design, which I will show you later, cuz I need to finish the surroundings....

neu.png

neu1.png

neu2.png

So this is the last design.

place of the republic.png

So this is basicly the whole "place of the republic" so far (yes, a silly name, but i dont know any better atm...). South of it is the green allys that i have mapped few days ago...
I am also constantly chaning some details.. so its very likely that its not the final version hahaha... feel free to point the bad parts of the map, i ll might correct it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello,

I have mapped a huge area, a new city quarter, which is called "The Hill". It is placed in the north-eastern side of the town. Here is a little preview of the quarter. I ll post a big picture in few days when I have found a way how to make a good screenshot of the whole area at once.

preview2.png

preview1.png

map1.png

if you download the pic, you can see zoom in much much more.

Last edited:
Finished the northern part of the summer quarter. Forgot to add some cracks on the ground ... :/

rewamp.png

Back