• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved theforgottenserver.exe closes after opening

Floxy

Reaction score
Start the server on command prompt.

This way when it close, it will leave a log at the command prompt and you'll know what is happening.

Most likely you haven't connected your server to the database.

Are you sure that you have configured it correctly? Not a lot to go on to be honest, but sounds like that's your problem :)
I would re-do these steps, just to make sure:

chrome_hJAMl5WZLr.png

Most likely you haven't connected your server to the database.

Are you sure that you have configured it correctly? Not a lot to go on to be honest, but sounds like that's your problem :)
I would re-do these steps, just to make sure:

View attachment 84571
Thanks for the reply, i feel stupid already facing issues this early in my hype building my first OT >.<

i've made a screenshot of all relevant information in one screen, would you mind checking it? I typed everything correct and did the exact steps you mentioned. Only thing i tried to add from another tutorial i found is the "PasswordType = "sha1". But removing or having it in did not change anything

ps thanks @ralke for the tip on executing it from the terminal, that worked to view the error message at least

1715432368385.png

reset your unisever privileges via
flush privileges; upon starting uniserver always press cancel for cfhanging mysql password and update to latest version of uniserver

@Floxy get sure to take a look to this thread too, isn't a direct reply to the thread but if you're using uniformserver this will help

@Floxy get sure to take a look to this thread too, isn't a direct reply to the thread but if you're using uniformserver this will help
thanks for the tip, i did change it
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for thinking with me! Is this the same for tfs 1.2? I am just following the exact steps + download links from the tutorial and that is apparently TFS 1.2.

If it would work would you mind explaining me how to compile with SSE2?
Post automatically merged:

reset your unisever privileges via
flush privileges; upon starting uniserver always press cancel for cfhanging mysql password and update to latest version of uniserver
I've done this, i downloaded the latest version of Uniserver (today is the first time im using this kind of software). Now my user/password is root/root again, but still does not work

Thanks for the reply, i feel stupid already facing issues this early in my hype building my first OT >.<

i've made a screenshot of all relevant information in one screen, would you mind checking it? I typed everything correct and did the exact steps you mentioned. Only thing i tried to add from another tutorial i found is the "PasswordType = "sha1". But removing or having it in did not change anything

ps thanks @ralke for the tip on executing it from the terminal, that worked to view the error message at least

View attachment 84574
Did you configure your config.php as well? Might be a silly question but I know I forgot that when I first started.
Should look similar to the config.lua :)

Did you configure your config.php as well? Might be a silly question but I know I forgot that when I first started.
Should look similar to the config.lua :)
I didnt see a config.php yet :eek:, only config file i've been editing is the one on the right in the screenshot. However i see there is a config.lue.dist in the folder above, did not touch that yet (not even sure if my folder structure is making sense at this point tbh).

Where can i find this config.php?

1715435094730.png

I didnt see a config.php yet :eek:, only config file i've been editing is the one on the right in the screenshot. However i see there is a config.lue.dist in the folder above, did not touch that yet (not even sure if my folder structure is making sense at this point tbh).

View attachment 84577
The config.php is under your UniServerZ/www folder.

Then again, I have no idea if that has any effect at all now that I think about it, since that would be for your website.

ok run the uniserver press cancel for setting password go to mysql run alter user password to root'root@localhost blabla find the command and then flush privileges; and then it will connect

View attachment 84577
Hi there!

I'm not sure if this will resolve your issue, but you could try creating a file named 'config.lua' in your server's root directory. Simply open your editor, create the file, and then open the 'config.lua.dist' file.

You can copy all the contents from 'config.lua.dist' into your new 'config.lua' file. Make sure to save it and set up the connection to your database. If anyone knows a better method, I'd love to hear about it and learn something new too.

Kind regards,

Back