• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TheImaginedServer & TheImaginedClient (custom TFS and Client) - Updated 1/16/2015

10 years of expirience (commercial software), Lead programmer in some gamedev company. =) But very lazzy... :D:D:D

So, agree - that is not possible for default Tibia client. That req. client sided modifications too. Hmmm... great feature, but... non for default clients.

Hmm, how about another feature for you server? Build you own house like in Ultima Online. As i remember, Mock do that once here, but system uncomplete. But wait tell about - "man, that is lua code!" That idea should be like in UO. With place houses not in special zones... Place it on map, where we have a free place. And with chests (for player items) acess and etc. Maybe it nice addon for future modification you house system? (It should be saved on server down, and store items, etc etc etc. as Classic Tibia house, but custom, and placed by player in any free map place, where player whants to see him house)

I have done work with house building recently but I have bigger things I am working on.
But you are right, I should add a finished version of my house building system into the Concept Server.

You can see MY house building system here:

Good job Flatlander! Them seems realy awesome. Working on multifloor drawing? Yeah, that is non-simple task for draw mutifloor house. But you system looks nice. (/me Dreaming: Mmm...carpentry craft! different materials... hmm raw materials from miner---->carpentry--->construction parts---->build you own house! hehe...) Like that!

Well basically you will use a "hammer" on tiles and it will put up those building blocks, and if you use the hammer on the building blocks multiple times you can cycle through doors, windows, etc, and it will auto-build an invisible roof. Then you can climb on the roof and build the "roof" or a 2nd floor/balcony etc.

After the house is built you will be able to use "paint" to change how the Walls, Floor, Roof, Railing etc look. look. (Stone, Wood, Marble, etc).

Building the house is easy. Finding a way so you cannot ABUSE the building house system is not. The only way I can imagine is you would have to have "Building zones" where you can build houses, and you would need to build the foundation first, and pay for the "plot" of land for how big the foundation is. Then you would need it so foundations cannot touch (there has to be room to walk between the houses), and the path leading to the "entry" of the house would need to be built and connected before you can start building.

I have put some thought into it, but for now I am working on Monster Features. Which I think is one of the most important things for any MMO.

Flat, why do not you release to everyone work together?
Not just me, most other people would like to help.
Think about it.

Flat, why do not you release to everyone work together?
Not just me, most other people would like to help.
Think about it.
Because the truth is, I don't trust other people to do things the right way.
Every time I have worked on a server with other people (especially other scripters) I end up having to fix all their errors and then re-doing everything anyway, so it actually takes more time that way. Things need to be done correctly, and it needs to be highly customizable, and you should be able to turn all new features completely off and it be like a normal tibia server.

Working on the Monsters is very slow work.
I am currently studying the sources and planning out how I want to do everything exactly.

The biggest issue is I have to have the ability to turn on/off any changes I make, but I will have to change a lot about how monsters work to make them better.
Things currently being worked on:
  • Monster Regeneration (Hp and Mana regeneration for monsters)
  • Monster Waypoints (Waypoints that monsters follow when they have no targets)
  • Monster Levels (ability to make a monster exponentially stronger by adding levels)
  • Monster Mana for Spells (ability to make it so that monster spells require mana)
  • Monster Targeting (ability to make it so that monsters have more advanced targeting AI)
  • Monster Range (monsters can view you from farther range)
Once I have Monsters finished I plan to release a concept server to show off the new features. But it is a ton of work, plus i've been playing a lot of SupCom: FA, Planetary Annihilation, and Pokemon X.

Btw Flatlander
i can help you with monsters levels and more c++ codes if you really want help

Btw Flatlander
i can help you with monsters levels and more c++ codes if you really want help

If you have any specific features you'd want to be able to edit with Monster Levels let me know. I would prefer to do them myself since I want it done "right". And since I don't really know you or your level of skill I would rather do everything myself.

Currently the XML Edits will look something like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="Test Monster" nameDescription="a test monster" race="blood" experience="100" speed="200" manacost="0">
  <health now="500" max="500"/>
  <mana now="100" max="100"/>
   <level max="4" health="10" mana="10" damage="1.1" heal="1.1" speed="10">

Of course you will also be able to designate spells with level minimums. (Example: Orc Berserker can only use haste if level 2 or higher)

Anything else you'd like to be able to edit with levels?

Min level, so players can now ooh i can hunt that around level x
So I have a dragon: min level 30 max level 50
Players then know I can kill that around the level the dragon currently is.
Also the health and mana etc.. stats in the level config, that's the level increase?
Could it also be possible to set the stats per level so:
<level max="1" health="10" mana="10" damage="1.0" heal="1.0" speed="250">
<level max="2" health="14" mana="12" damage="1.1" heal="1.0" speed="250">
<level max="3" health="19" mana="15" damage="1.15" heal="1.05" speed="260">

Something like the above?

Instead of what ^^^ said, how about alignments for the creatures? For the players as well, but I'd rather not divulge the latter-- I do plan to introduce it later onto my possibly coming server, however.

Anyway, alignments how, you may ask?
As in D&D:
  • (Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic) Good
  • (Lawful/True/Chaotic) Neutral
  • (Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic) Evil
Certain races may hold grudges against others depending on predefined settings (orcs vs elves, for instance), and certain alignments will definitely collide all the time (evil vs good).

The way it'd work without adding alignments to players? Basic: having a level range as the post above described, which is further formulated with player difficulty (which you already integrated?). Chaotic evil creatures would be pretty much the current PvE in traditional Tibia, ruthless, bloodthirsty and angry monsters. Those which are lawful will only attack with a purpose, such as confrontation with an unallied race, or engaging in fight with brethren of the race, depending on which set of rules they might be put on-- lawful evil would probably be quite rare to find and hard to defeat. Neutral evil, however, will just attack if they can engage and know they stand a chance.

Don't understand yet? Here.

Knights could be: town guards.
Judges could be: strong npcs you can ally/help.
Overlords could be: evil bosses.

Heroes could be: players/mercenaries.
Outsiders could be: environmental critters.
Villains could be: average monsters.

Rebels could be: small, short-ended quests.
Nomads could be: do I really need to elaborate any more?
Psychopaths: I think not.

Good luck laying out 'dem Orshabaals and Morgaroths.

Last edited:
Min level, so players can now ooh i can hunt that around level x
So I have a dragon: min level 30 max level 50
Players then know I can kill that around the level the dragon currently is.
Also the health and mana etc.. stats in the level config, that's the level increase?
Could it also be possible to set the stats per level so:
<level max="1" health="10" mana="10" damage="1.0" heal="1.0" speed="250">
<level max="2" health="14" mana="12" damage="1.1" heal="1.0" speed="250">
<level max="3" health="19" mana="15" damage="1.15" heal="1.05" speed="260">

Something like the above?

You are right, the way I had it designed limits you.

I should design monsters around the same idea as Vocations.xml is made.
It should look something like this:
Code:
<level health="10" mana="10" speed="10" armor="1" defense="1" attack="1" magic="1">

I will be releasing a customized version of Remeres too. Because you will need to be able to do the following things:
~Select the min/max levels of spawn points~
~Give Monsters per-determined waypoints when they spawn (so you can make them patrol areas and walk around)~

This will not edit anything on the map, it will simply edit the spawn.xml with more information, so when a creature spawns on the map it will know what level it should be, and know where it should walk when it has no targets.

Instead of what ^^^ said, how about alignments for the creatures? For the players as well, but I'd rather not divulge the latter-- I do plan to introduce it later onto my possibly coming server, however.

Anyway, alignments how, you may ask?
As in D&D:
  • (Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic) Good
  • (Lawful/True/Chaotic) Neutral
  • (Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic) Evil
Certain races may hold grudges against others depending on predefined settings (orcs vs elves, for instance), and certain alignments will definitely collide all the time (evil vs good).

The way it'd work without adding alignments to players? Basic: having a level range as the post above described, which is further formulated with player difficulty (which you already integrated?). Chaotic evil creatures would be pretty much the current PvE in traditional Tibia, ruthless, bloodthirsty and angry monsters. Those which are lawful will only attack with a purpose, such as confrontation with an unallied race, or engaging in fight with brethren of the race, depending on which set of rules they might be put on-- lawful evil would probably be quite rare to find and hard to defeat. Neutral evil, however, will just attack if they can engage and know they stand a chance.

Don't understand yet? Here.

Knights could be: town guards.
Judges could be: strong npcs you can ally/help.
Overlords could be: evil bosses.

Heroes could be: players/mercenaries.
Outsiders could be: environmental critters.
Villains could be: average monsters.

Rebels could be: small, short-ended quests.
Nomads could be: do I really need to elaborate any more?
Psychopaths: I think not.

Good luck laying out 'dem Orshabaals and Morgaroths.

We do plan to have "Monster Groups" and there will be a new lib file just for these.

Here is an example:
<monster name="Test Monster" nameDescription="a test monster" race="blood" group="test1" experience="100" speed="200" manacost="0">

Then in the groups.lua lib file you would have the following:
Code:
-- Hostile groups will attack all other groups
GROUPS_HOSTILE = {"orcs", "demons", "undead", "dragons", "wyrms"}

GROUPS_ALLIES = { -- Allies are for hostile groups that will not attack each other
["orcs"] = {"minotaurs", "elves"} -- You do not need to list "minotaurs" and "elves" in this list because they are not hostile groups

GROUPS_ENEMIES = { -- Enemies are for friendly groups that will attack certain other groups
["dwarvs"] = {"orcs"} -- Dwarves will only attack orcs, but they are friendly to all other groups

You should be able to make any kind of "group" of monster you want with this system.

Great! These dynamics should be fairly feasible parting from these functions.

All the features are awesome, but this will be released for the public? And which protocol it will support? ;O

All the features are awesome, but this will be released for the public? And which protocol it will support? ;O

It will be released for the public, and protocol version would be whatever the certain version of real tibia is at time of release.

You free to ask me, if need some help ^_^ i finish all of that long time ago.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--here only 40% of total functions amount-->
<monster name="Paladin" nameDescription="a paladin" minlevel="20" maxlevel="40" chanceparagon="0" chancelegendary="0" automation="1" race="outsider" experience="0" speed="250" manacost="0">
    <health now="2500" max="2500"/>
    <look type="402" corpse="6080"/>
    <flags>
        <flag summonable="0"/>
        <flag attackable="1"/>
        <flag guardian="1" />
        <flag hostile="1"/>
        <flag illusionable="0"/>
        <flag convinceable="0"/>
        <flag pushable="1"/>
        <flag canpushitems="1"/>
        <flag canpushcreatures="0"/>
        <flag targetdistance="1"/>
        <flag staticattack="90"/>

</flags>
  <automation>
  <option actor="345"/>
  <option spectators="1"/>
  <option tactic="1" attack="80" defence="20"/>
  <option nodeDelay="1200" />
  <option rememberTarget="1" />
  <option callhelp="1"/>
  <option followrange="120"/>
  <option returnTopoint="1"/>
  <option comepointAthp="30" />
  <basepoint>
  <value cordX="8763"/>
  <value cordY="4870"/>
  <value cordZ="6"/>
  </basepoint>
  </automation>
  <enemies>
    <enemy name="Elite Drider"/>
    <enemy name="Elite Drow"/>
    <enemy name="Drow Warrior"/>
  </enemies>
  <stats>
  <stat name="Eval" value="32" />
  <stat name="Willpower" value="30" />
  <stat name="Magery" value="15" />
  <stat name="Intelligence" value="23" />
  <stat name="Strenght" value="46" />
  <stat name="Agility" value="30" />
  <stat name="Fencing" value="35" />
  <stat name="Heavy armor" value="30" />
  <stat name="Focus" value="28" />
  <stat name="Mental level" value="15" />
  <stat name="Astral level" value="20" />
  <stat name="Outsider bonus" value="1" />
  <stats>
<attacks> 
    <attack name="melee" interval="2000" skill="32" attack="30"/>
    <attack name="holy" interval="2000" chance="25" target="1" range="3" min="-5" max="-25">
    <attribute key="shootEffect" value="holy"/>
    </attack>
    <attack name="holy" interval="2000" chance="20" level="35" target="1" range="2" radius="3" min="-30" max="-55">
    <attribute key="areaEffect" value="holyarea"/>     
    <attribute key="shootEffect" value="holy"/>
    </attack>
</attacks>
    <defenses armor="35" defense="35">
        <defense name="healing" interval="1000" level="22" chance="17" min="40" max="50">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="blueshimmer"/>
        </defense>
    </defenses>
    <elements>
        <element earthPercent="5"/>
        <element energyPercent="-5"/>
        <element icePercent="-5"/>
        <element deathPercent="-15"/>
        <element physicalPercent="15"/>
        <element firePercent="5"/>
        <element holyPercent="100"/>
    </elements>