• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TheImaginedServer & TheImaginedClient (custom TFS and Client) - Updated 1/16/2015

Would be awesome if you could include the extended opcodes from OTClient. They are a bit limited right now maybe you could add some new ones and improve on the existing ones.

Several compatibility features would be great to. You could maybe have the server read a config file so that it treats certain scripts in a certain compatibility mode for a specified version.

What version of TFS will you be basing this of? will it be TFS 1.0 and have support for the latest version of the client?

A max level change in config shuld be realy usefull! :)

Hi everyone!
I have been sick for the last 2 weeks and before that I was taking a break.

The biggest issue is I am making this with the thought of "anything needs to be possible, and not hard".
Also right now I am just working with the normal tibia client, so it really restricts what is possible (I see you have OTClient features on your monster file)

After I finish the "normal tibia client" version of "The Imagined Server" as I am calling it, I will start working on an OTClient version.

@Flatlander has anyone requested a "wait(milliseconds)" command of you?

I think it would be a great addition if one could call wait(milliseconds) in a lua script that leads back to the C++ source code (C++ offers robust wait functions, lua does not). This would allow direct waiting, instead of resorting to calling addEvent("EventName", milliseconds, <optional inputs>) which splices the running code up and complicates matters.

@Flatlander has anyone requested a "wait(milliseconds)" command of you?

I think it would be a great addition if one could call wait(milliseconds) in a lua script that leads back to the C++ source code (C++ offers robust wait functions, lua does not). This would allow direct waiting, instead of resorting to calling addEvent("EventName", milliseconds, <optional inputs>) which splices the running code up and complicates matters.

If I have extra time I will add that in, but it is what I call a "Convenience features" since it doesn't add anything new, but it does make things easier.

You know what would be great? A define or something(like -D__LUA__DEBUG) that will enable some sort of command to execute a given script. Like "/execute data/actions/scripts/myscript.lua" to be able to test scripts.

What version of TFS are you going to base this of? And for what protocol will it be?

If it is a feature that will add something to TFS that was not before possible, or wasn't easy to do, I will add it.
But, I feel it is already easy to edit damages.
Example being:
Code:

If there is anything you think you could not do with onStatsChange let me know, and I will find a way to make it possible.
Actually I've thought about this I bit more am not entirely sure if I could make a damage type with custom range of damage. Like bell curved damage (by rolling few times a damage roll) or flat range of 1 -x. Maybe I could get away with 0 weapon attack and script to add damage, but it would be interesting to have 1-x damage for each attack point. Also would custom damage reduction/defense formulas be possible? Spell/armor which reduces damage taken by flat 10 for example. I didn't see implementation but after health changes it is could lead to death before reduction applies.

You know what would be great? A define or something(like -D__LUA__DEBUG) that will enable some sort of command to execute a given script. Like "/execute data/actions/scripts/myscript.lua" to be able to test scripts.

What version of TFS are you going to base this of? And for what protocol will it be?

For your "test scripts" idea, I always just use talkactions. It is very simple to just add any script into a talkaction so you can test it over and over.

Actually I've thought about this I bit more am not entirely sure if I could make a damage type with custom range of damage. Like bell curved damage (by rolling few times a damage roll) or flat range of 1 -x. Maybe I could get away with 0 weapon attack and script to add damage, but it would be interesting to have 1-x damage for each attack point. Also would custom damage reduction/defense formulas be possible? Spell/armor which reduces damage taken by flat 10 for example. I didn't see implementation but after health changes it is could lead to death before reduction applies.

Most of this can be easily done in weapons.xml (I already customize my weapon's attacks on many of my servers), the "flat damage reduction" on equipment isn't a bad idea though.
I will look into adding that functionality into items.xml.

Most of this can be easily done in weapons.xml (I already customize my weapon's attacks on many of my servers), the "flat damage reduction" on equipment isn't a bad idea though.
I will look into adding that functionality into items.xml.
Lovely. I want to have way to easily modify every aspect of combat, every single formula outside of C++. Chance to hit by range, armor reduction values, spell damage, monster damage formulas etc. I dislike limitations imposed by original tibia combat systems, and want to try out many different things, but I lack the spirit to learn enough about C++ and structure of OT/TFS codes to do this that way. But doing everything outside sources would bring server efficiency down quite a bit I guess, and you can't just throw in new system working in xml without changing xml interpretation piece of software. Thanks to yours work I(We?) will be able to do much more with already quite flexible(especially compared to more standard mmo private engines with premade maps in client) OT format.

Lovely. I want to have way to easily modify every aspect of combat, every single formula outside of C++. Chance to hit by range, armor reduction values, spell damage, monster damage formulas etc. I dislike limitations imposed by original tibia combat systems, and want to try out many different things, but I lack the spirit to learn enough about C++ and structure of OT/TFS codes to do this that way. But doing everything outside sources would bring server efficiency down quite a bit I guess, and you can't just throw in new system working in xml without changing xml interpretation piece of software. Thanks to yours work I(We?) will be able to do much more with already quite flexible(especially compared to more standard mmo private engines with premade maps in client) OT format.

You can currently easily do everything you just listed, except for editing the armor formula (which isn't a bad idea).
I never thought about it but there is no way to edit Armor or Defense formulas (I will add that in somewhere)

And one more idea(from unfortunately infinite pool). Aggro/Threat management for certain groups of monsters. Using this I could make (albeit bit long way) creature illusion a good way to be safe from say minotaurs, orcs, while still fighting against other monsters. Or monster factions or calm wolves/animals spell lasting for x mins. With only threat and aggro in current form it seems quite hard to do. Unless you've already though about and implemented this feature.

Back