• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient There is no main OTClient repo?

hiwyn

Reaction score
Why there is 3 otclients here on forum?

3 (looks the best for now)
GitHub - mehah/otclient: An alternative tibia client for otserv written in C++11 and Lua, made with a modular system that uses lua scripts for ingame interface and functionality, making otclient flexible and easy to customize (https://github.com/mehah/otclient)

???

I'm a linux player and I don't even know which should i use...
Why everybody don't work in only one, so it be always the best?

(searching about otc i see a lot of topics of otv8, there is a lot of new accounts promoting it, pls don't comment here, its close source project by one man, i don't want to use this close project)

Hi @hiwyn the most active repository the lasts days is mehah repository, you can see its lastest commits here

I think the changes have not been done in edubart repository because the fork is mostly been worked by mehah this last months, but edubart is still being upgraded Commits · edubart/otclient (https://github.com/edubart/otclient/commits?author=vfjpl) for what I can say mehah is running very good I use his client and is great.

However edubart repository is where the client was made, has the code that built the client. And mehahs repository is what follows, has improvements and fresh code OTClient 1.0 (Release) (https://otland.net/threads/otclient-1-0-release.276283/).

Hope this helps, regards!

Last edited:
@hiwyn edubart is a great guy but once he noticed a lot of people were improving his project privately and not sharing he felt like an idiot and started to lost interest in continue improving/working on otc.

I can't believe someone else is actually trying to blame him for v8.

When he quit, there was a lack of maintainers and the people he added there were not interested in the project either, which caused the new repositories like otland fork and Mehah.

By the way, there are dozens tfs repositories and I've been saying for years we should have everyone working together in one. Unfortunately not everyone in this community is in the same level of commitment/knowledge/intentions.
There are some people here that can't even understand why it would be beneficial to have a single repository with everyone talking and contributing together.

Holy fuck, i told on first topic to don't bring otcv8 here and here i'm reading 10 posts about this shit...
Every topic i search about otc there are a lot of kondra fakes/bootlicker
I don't know kondra and none of you here

For me as a not custom ot player it could fit, but a marketed project did by fixing a other free open project shouldn't be relevant for the community, imagine if people do the same thing to on RME for example...

We would not have a OT community, anyways fuck it, i'm not here to convince anyone of anything

My point was why otclient fork was not in edubard repo?
Why mehas changes was not on edubard repo?
Why there is not only main OTClient, instead of 3?

Why RME was 1 repo, tfs 1 repo but OTC 3?
The changes weren't made in the edubart repo bcause a lot of PR and changes were nt being added and they were closed deliverately
that why mehah di his own fork.
also there an otland repo made because it was an attempt to stop making PR in te edubart repo since it was abandoned. but it didn't worked so well.
and otcv8 was made up by ripping off all the community work, making great changes in it closing the souces just to be sold by 5k.

Im all in for otclient like edubart or mehah because they simply work a lot better on my gpu (rx 580) than otclientv8 but the problem is i need bot to exp and otclientv8 has many bots to play with and here when i asked about simple mw timer i did not get answer until this day. Im all in for edubart/meha but it would be nice to have a bot with things like mw timer dash scripts etc.

latest commit 5 days ago, mehah works hard, and does a lot for everyone, and completely free and open source

you can also keep up on his work and development here

Theres a lot of distros.. but ther's still 1 main TFS distro.
That is my point ;)
@hiwyn edubart is a great guy but once he noticed a lot of people were improving his project privately and not sharing he felt like an idiot and started to lost interest in continue improving/working on otc.

I can't believe someone else is actually trying to blame him for v8.

When he quit, there was a lack of maintainers and the people he added there were not interested in the project either, which caused the new repositories like otland fork and Mehah.

By the way, there are dozens tfs repositories and I've been saying for years we should have everyone working together in one. Unfortunately not everyone in this community is in the same level of commitment/knowledge/intentions.
There are some people here that can't even understand why it would be beneficial to have a single repository with everyone talking and contributing together.

Why @Mehah 's changes don't come to the oficial one? And come together with @edubart ?

The changes weren't made in the edubart repo bcause a lot of PR and changes were nt being added and they were closed deliverately
that why mehah di his own fork.
also there an otland repo made because it was an attempt to stop making PR in te edubart repo since it was abandoned. but it didn't worked so well.
and otcv8 was made up by ripping off all the community work, making great changes in it closing the souces just to be sold by 5k.
Do you have the @edubard contant @Night Wolf ?
Is it possible to @Mehah becomes a maintainer in the oficial source?

---

Why we just don't remove the OTLand fork from the github list?

Just have to say otcv8 has way to many issues to be sold at 4k/5k w/e. Kondra can do what he likes but he isn't a good person. He worked on a few flashy parts of code and wants the world for it.

He says you will have access to any source updates because he knew he was selling a turd that was just a little shinier than the rest. You got charged for a final product and here you wait for years while he adds useless shit like x64 support when the client itself still has many problems.

Just have to say otcv8 has way to many issues to be sold at 4k/5k w/e. Kondra can do what he likes but he isn't a good person. He worked on a few flashy parts of code and wants the world for it.

He says you will have access to any source updates because he knew he was selling a turd that was just a little shinier than the rest. You got charged for a final product and here you wait for years while he adds useless shit like x64 support when the client itself still has many problems.

Yeah... People shouldn't use it and absolutely shouldn't pay for it. Unfortunately theres people that will because it works and thats enough.

@Itutorial @pink_panther Can you make me a list of "bugs" in OTCv8? I can fix them. Right now I don't have any urgent bug reports from my customers, only some minor requests, like adding ARM64 support for android version or support for 64x64 sprites (both features will be added soon).
OTCv8 has been downloaded 380k times (unique IPs), in last 30 days was used by 30k unique players, discord server has almost 6k users, >10 servers bought sources to support development, people are getting paid for improving OTCv8, so i wonder - what's so bugged that I and my clients don't see in OTCv8? You know, you can even fix it youself on otcv8-dev repo, I can even pay you up to $500 if you fix them well, I've a budget for that.

Last edited:
I've personally used otclientv8 for a while now, as a player on 8.6 servers and 12+ servers.
Honestly, I don't see any issue with it. There's a few very minor bugs, but they aren't serious enough for me to even list them here and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

I've dived into developing modules, which is fun, I wish I could allocate more time to it, honestly.

Every thread that comes up about otclient, there's always people bashing otclientv8, I'm bored of reading about "how dare kondra charge x amount when he built from an open source version". It's open source, it's allowed. I may not like it and you may not like it, but it is what it is. Develop your own or build from Mehah's otclient and create something better.

Back