• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Therran - Discussion

We currently do not have any open positions which you can apply for. Just be a little patient, Mindrage will get kicked off the team soon.

We currently do not have any open positions which you can apply for. Just be a little patient, Mindrage will get kicked off the team soon.

Wait, if i understand right. You are kicking a programmer/scripter and taking in a mapper? So the whole server is just based on a map instead of new cool features?

Wait, if i understand right. You are kicking a programmer/scripter and taking in a mapper? So the whole server is just based on a map instead of new cool features?

He's not the server leader. They're just taking a joke too far.

Post #3 - Rates

Post #3 - Rates
LZl9Wk.png

So.. the third weekly post (a little late because of the unannounced maintenance). This time we want to discuss our rates.

The ideas for rate we have currently are:
Loot drop: x1 (same as Tibia)
Experience rate: x3 from level 8-34, x2 from level 35
Skill rate: x2
Magic level rate: x2

This is what we've had in mind. With this weeks post we open the rates up for discussion. If you have any ideas for how they should be different, please post them and we'll discuss how we will do. Keep in mind that we also can use half numbers: e.g. Loot drop: x1.

This is what I had in store for this week. Next week I will give you a new update.
Until next time.
JI-BEh.png

Sincerely,
The Therran Team

Last edited:

Weekly post #3
LZl9Wk.png

Skill rate: x2​

Sincerely,
The Ramurika Team
In my opinion, the skill rate 2x is good, but I would like to suggest 3x for Knights.
I'm probably not playing it, but Knights tend to suck or lack in many server because of the skills. To illustrate, take for example Skill 70, to advance to 71 a Knight would need 8 hours and 27 minutes of training (since it'll be 2x, it would be 4 hours and 13 minutes), but to get there that same player already spent 84 hours and 18 minutes (42:09 for 2x), in my opinion, that is too much!
A paladin for instance takes 4 hours and 41 minutes from 70 to 71, 46 hours and 47 minutes in total to get to 70. That is already HALF the time of a Knight! And as we know, they do hit more, Knights tend to have a big disadvantage.

So that is my idea, keep 2x, but atleast for Knights, raise it to 3x (or even 4x to be balanced with Paladins).

That is actually a good idea, do you mind if I ask for source, so I can see the skill numbers for each vocation?

- - - Updated - - -

That is actually a good idea, do you mind if I ask for source, so I can see the skill numbers for each vocation?

"Experience rate: x3 from level 8-34, x2 from level 35" Don't go for stages, go for lowering exp table like it would be staged... Like MasterCores did! :)

"Experience rate: x3 from level 8-34, x2 from level 35" Don't go for stages, go for lowering exp table like it would be staged... Like MasterCores did! :)

Wouldn't that be pretty much the same results?

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't that be pretty much the same results?

edit:
I don't understand why it double my post??

Last edited:
Is that for me? I've got an old Tibian tool which calculates many things for characters, like HP, MP, Skills, etc :p
Add me on Skype and I can send you it (click tha skype icon :p and get my skype name)

I don't like stages =(.
Was hoping for smth like 3x.

Skill rate and magic rate could be the same as the exprate (or a little bit higher).
Lootrate 1.5 or 2.

Those mapping pieces are so freaking awesome.
If you are doing a closed beta anytime, please ask me to join :D.

Back