• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Therran - Discussion

Mackan™

Content Creator
Reaction score
Hello!

This is a thread for general discussion about the server, about rates, creatures, quests and any other ideas we or you might have for the server.
Here we also want to see your images from the old server so we can relive the good memories. :)

We will also once in a while post progress updates and similar things, such as ideas we have for the server for you to discuss.

Link to the teaser thread:
http://otland.net/f57/therran-teasers-193072/

Link to the Information updates:
Post #1 - Customizing
Post #2 - Update
Post #3 - Rates
Post #4
Post #5
Post #6
Post #7

The Therran Team:
Samuro - Leader, Mapper
Mackan™ - Mapper, Content Writer
Ragheed - Scripting
Mindrage - Scripting consultant
Forbidden - Content consultant
Macedoon - Mapper (Inactive)

More information will be added later.

Sincerely,
The Therran Team

Post #1 - Customizing
LZl9Wk.png

This first post will not include progress since last week. Instead I want to know what you think about the idea about custom monsters. With the player outfits there are nearly unlimited possibilites to create many different custom outlaws.

For example, in the first teaser I showed you an image of two of our custom monsters. We have added a monster called a Slave Trader, which is always out to get you into one of their cages. in the image you also see a poor fellow dressed up in rags (no, not the colourful guy). This is a Slave, though not harmfull he will not hesitate to follow you when convinced that you're someone that will protect him from the Slave traders.

We also have yet another custom monster in store, which does not use human outfits, but is a variation of another creature. But we'll take that later when we've created it's first birthplace. :)

Sincerely,
The Therran Team

Last edited:
I've never really been a big fan of custom monsters, but I do appreciate them when they have their own storyline and a quest that goes alongside it.
They should not be one of those creatures that you hunt for hours at an end, more like going to a certain area to clear a quest in which they play a key-role.

Instead I want to know what you think about the idea about custom monsters.
With the player outfits there are nearly unlimited possibilites to create many different custom outlaws.

I know that this contains a lot of story and related areas that goes along just great with these kind of custom monsters.
Make sure to add a lot of AI, that goes differently from what we expect.

You have endless possibilities as written above! :)

You have my vote!

I like custom.

The idea of OpenTibia is not only a copy of CIP's Tibia, but anything our mind and skills can lead us to...

As for discussion, 3x exp rate. Skills about 2x or 3x as well, to follow the exp. Perhaps fighting skills (for knights) 5x.

And where am I in the team? PRO TESTER?

I love custom monsters!!! I don't see how most people enjoy seeing the same monsters that have been around for soooooo many years...I would really appreciate it if there would be a lot of custom monsters because it makes it more exciting and no one knows what it could drop so it makes it fun!

I would ask you to not focus on things that people wont really care for. (lolololololol pet system) When the previous version was up it ruled, so I'd say keep as much as you can from that server and just focus on adding new content.

I would say 3x exp is pretty much enough for a serious server. Wasn't it 5x last time? Perhaps 5-6x exp from level 1 to 20 or something.
Skillrate may be a little higher this time tho. Nobody likes training.

We wont have a pet system

I was thinking of something in the lines of 3x exp from 8-35~ and then you get 2x, what do you think? Or is it way too low?

Last edited:
Sounds reasonable!

The problem with higher rates is that you prepare content for quests, map, exploring and people level so fast that they end up not seeing anything you've done.
So keeping it low is the best!

We wont have a pet system

I was thinking of something in the lines of 3x exp from 8-35~ and then you get 2x, what do you think? Or is it way too low?

It sounds good.

Sounds reasonable!

The problem with higher rates is that you prepare content for quests, map, exploring and people level so fast that they end up not seeing anything you've done.
So keeping it low is the best!

/\ is right.

Post #2 - Update

Post #2 - Update
LZl9Wk.png

Today it's time for our second weekly post, the first weekly update. I would like to start the series with explaining the biggest change.

As many of you might know with the 2.0 sign at the end of the server name we have changed something quite drastic from the old server.
As written in the first teaser; a small "genesis extension", we have altered the entire world.

A brand new map, with a main continent shaped by Forbidden. We have in a matter of speaking remodelled the entire layout of the map. To not make waste of the old map we are adding a lot of content from it, like hunting grounds and quests. So while you explore a brand new world, you might feel familiar when you go down a hole, climb a mountain or just travel through the woods.

So.. some examples of what we've done. We have added the entire desert continent, with the city Darudon on it. This due to the fact that it was barely introduced and is still very unexplored. The city (which according to Samuro is fu**ing divine) is one of the many cities I have mapped and the first one in Ramurika which was originally planned and made by me. Nowadays it's not the only one either. We've re-added Mistbay and extended it a bit so that it's still a small town, but has some more things happening in it. As seen in the second teaser The city of Ramurika has also been made over. This is not the same town as the old one. I started with an empty canvas and made an entirely new town, in the same spirit of the old one. Though it's brand new you will still recognize the style and elements that make the city what it is (a lot of heaven blossoms and poplars for one).

We have also added content from what should've been an update to the main content which includes a dwarven city and some brand new hunting grounds.

I can also happily announce that we're not only adding old Ramurika content, I have also decided to add content from my old project named "Calasha". We've already now added an island containing yet another town and many hunting grounds which introduces many new creatures to Ramurika.

To sum it up:​
  • New main continent made by Forbidden
  • Darudon is still in the map
  • Map recycling, re-using old Ramurika content
  • Mistbay and Ramurika have gotten remakes
  • Mackan™ is adding mappings from his older projects.

This is what I had in store for this week. Next week I will give you a new update.
-21k8V.png

Sincerely,
The Therran Team

Last edited:
I would like to see a server with constant experience rate. I hate those stages. If there are custom monsters only you should make your own experience rating. There are no stages needed in my opinion

I would like to see a server with constant experience rate. I hate those stages. If there are custom monsters only you should make your own experience rating. There are no stages needed in my opinion

Coolcool, wrong thread? ^^

I think not, we do have a kind of staged exp.. Even though I think it's a really minor one..

Back