• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thorn's gallery

Its because a single pixel could give a great error. Do what Shadowsong suggested for practice purpose:)

Here is another thing i'm doing, i would like to add wings in the game, to work as addons, here is a pair of wings i did
rad8cw.png
plz tell me guys what do you think, i tried to do wings like angel's type, but doesn't look like angel wings

Last edited:
They acutally do look good but there is some error with lower part of wings.

Just edited a Dragon! I realized am no good at creating new monsters, is too damn hard, but i think i can edit good, tell me what you think guys :)
11wfyqh.jpg

i did it inspiring in this
rkdjxc.png

i believe @Shadowsong did it right? (Fking love those dragons) I hope it is ok Shadow >.<

Its used for Necronia but I think someone else made it(not sure)
I believe its ok you use it for learning aslong as you dont use it for a server. So dont waste time copying too much

practice making your own. Start of by making a 32x32 monster. Shouldnt be the worse:D if thats too hard practice making items first and move back to monsters later

but i didn't intend to copy that dragon :/, the only similar thing is the "helmet"...and i have tried to make monster but i'm better editing them :p next i will edit a cyc

well like you said, i made a sword, is my first try, here it is :p
ic3052.png

damn it looks ugly haha

Last edited:
Arashel if you don't have a constructive comment, plz do not post

Do I really need pointing out that e.g. sword's handle doesn't even seems to be touched?

well look at it closer, i used different types of yellow, but it didn't get how i was expecting :/

I don't care about anything you did if I can't see results clearly... This handle looks awful and that's it.

well like you said, i made a sword, is my first try, here it is :p
ic3052.png

damn it looks ugly haha

Nice shape for a first try, it could be some kind of a rookie sword :D This would fit damn well into 7.4 servers, but since I believe that's not what you desire, let me give you a few tips how you can improve this weapon.

First of all, and remember this, avoid using yellow color for anything else than details. That color is a natural highlight and it's hard to achieve good-looking results with it if you aren't very experienced. If you try to shade the yellow color properly, you may get something like gold or copper, but it won't stay yellow - and it shouldn't, that color is just horrible generally.

Second, you shaded the blade in a gradient fashion. This is what this means: XXXXXXXXXX
This is usually, along with pillowshading, a beginner's attempt at presenting the light on 1 side and darker colors on another. However, this often leads to too simple, horrible results. While I agree the light should stay going from the left side to the right side of the blade, you should vary it a little and apply some random dithering or even pixel shapes to get all kinds of shades on your blade For this, you will need a nice pallete of blade shades, which I will put down below.

The shape itself is not bad, just take in mind (in future) that the thickness of the blade in the place where it begins (goes out from the handle) should never be much bigger than the thickness of the handle itself. You didn't make this mistake now, but I see a lot of people doing it, so just wanted to give a little reminder :)

After re-shading the blade and applying a better color like steel to the handle, you should get something like this:

24e8fa468d.png

It is up to you to add your own twists, details and changes, and this transition should be a good start. For a better observation, here is a zoomed in version:

30c101562d.png

And here are the palletes you should save and use for steel and blade in future, they work pretty well :)

999ac5d508.png

Good luck and hope to see you post more!

wow man thanks! very constructive comment, i will aply what you told me and try to make better items :D
and people like you encourage to keep trying and trying :) thanks

oooh and man, how do you do to have the item that you are spriting next to you in a small size? that is really helpful to see how its going

Thorn .[.].
Shiva is the best of Sprite
Learn from him and you will be an expert at any day

just work hard and hard
to achieve your dream :D

GooD JoB

i use paint, i have no idea how to paint a single pixel in photoshop, when i try it paints all surrounding the one i want to paint

Back