• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thoughts on Ironman-esque mode in Tibia? (Similar to OSRS)

Recreant

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
What do you guys think about an Ironman mode on a Tibia server, that'd be similar to Oldschool Runescape ironman modes (with the exception of Ultimate Ironman, because in OSRS, unlike in Tibia, you have a finite amount of inventory spaces - 28 to be exact)

What is an Ironman, for those that have no idea:

Ironman is a gamemode that alters the way you play the game - you are not able to trade with other players (only NPC's), interact with them in any way other than activities that inherently require you to cooperate, although you won't get anything out of that other than quest completion (such as opening DHQ doors, making Annihilator quest and so on). You are entirely self-sufficient, everything you do you have to do yourself - be it upgrading equipment, making runes (on older versions) etc.

How would you prevent people from griefing an Ironman?
The most imporatnt thing would be to block an Ironman's ability to pick any item that isn't theirs. That includes parcels/killing players (player loses items but ironman gets no loot)/dropping items on the ground/using houses and so on.
The second most important thing would be reducing the ability of other players to help ironmen get their stuff - for example, poking monsters down to very little health so that they can get the lasthit and get the monster loot. It'd have to be done in a similar way that it did in newer Tibia versions - once a monster is killed by a certain player, and the loot is "theirs", Ironmen cannot open it, ever.

Any thoughts?

Tibia - MMO-RPG genre that requires cooperation with other players so that the game economy is constant. Do what you want, I think it's a bad idea, it's Tibia not runescape and don't make it a different game.

I like idea of servers without deposits. or perma death alike of 6.4 u die u go lvl 1

Last edited:
Tibia - MMO-RPG genre that requires cooperation with other players so that the game economy is constant. Do what you want, I think it's a bad idea, it's Tibia not runescape and don't make it a different game.
He is not trying to make it a different game, stop being so limited and living in the past.
This kind of playstyles are very much known in MMORPG genre. Some games fully support them, like RuneScape or Path of Exile.
This doesn't change gameplay at all and no, it won't affect economy that much because only few would even play this "mode".

This is something I have also been thinking about, this next to Hardcore option (or entire server). It just adds this new challenge that you have to get everything by yourself, no trading, no market, no party hunting. If you would see someone that is playing as "Ironman" with end-game gear and really high level next to a guy (same gear and level) that is not an Ironman then obviously you would have more respect for that Ironman player.

Ironman mode is extremely rewarding because runescape is not realistically playable at any sort of competitive level for most people without the trading and stuff. Tibia can be soloed in every version and is extremely easy to be self sufficient so i'm not sure the same reward factor would be there to make it compelling.

I think some additional economy stuff and gathering/crafting systems would be needed to make it feel more rewarding. I can see the appeal without anything additional though, at the end of the day it's a great way to show people how much of a no lifer you are and if there's anything gamers enjoy, it's that haha.

Would love to see it!

Ironman mode is extremely rewarding because runescape is not realistically playable at any sort of competitive level for most people without the trading and stuff. Tibia can be soloed in every version and is extremely easy to be self sufficient so i'm not sure the same reward factor would be there to make it compelling.

I think some additional economy stuff and gathering/crafting systems would be needed to make it feel more rewarding. I can see the appeal without anything additional though, at the end of the day it's a great way to show people how much of a no lifer you are and if there's anything gamers enjoy, it's that haha.

Would love to see it!

I believe on older Tibia versions (pre 8.1) it would be extremely problematic for knights to hunt (lack of UH's), and for paladins as well (lack of SD's, relying solely on HMM's to clear stuff). That is an issue that would be hard to overcome without giving the vocations the spells they require or somehow make a shop that sells them.

I believe on older Tibia versions (pre 8.1) it would be extremely problematic for knights to hunt (lack of UH's), and for paladins as well (lack of SD's, relying solely on HMM's to clear stuff). That is an issue that would be hard to overcome without giving the vocations the spells they require or somehow make a shop that sells them.
Yeah i was meant to say something about that but forgot, on runescape it works so well because you can do every skill. On tibia especially for 7.x as you said a knight for example would literally never get past anything harder than like cyclops without uhs haha i think 7.x is too broken at it's core to make ironman work without significant changes

could always allow spells and runes in shop and then people tend not to trade so much anymore. servers used soulbound runes so could have soulbound loot etc. even monsters could be reprogrammed so they would not deal aoe to anyone except focus creature

could always allow spells and runes in shop and then people tend not to trade so much anymore. servers used soulbound runes so could have soulbound loot etc. even monsters could be reprogrammed so they would not deal aoe to anyone except focus creature
Yea, soulbound runes is a nice concept, although the problem still persists on older Tibia versions - paladins and druids can't make SDS, and ek cannot make uhs. Unless you place a shop that sells them.

Yea, soulbound runes is a nice concept, although the problem still persists on older Tibia versions - paladins and druids can't make SDS, and ek cannot make uhs. Unless you place a shop that sells them.
This actually makes me thinking that a game WITH vocations/classes/jobs that you are bound to won't work with such mode. It works in RS cause 1 player can do everything in the game, same in Path of Exile where even there are classes, you still can use all items and spells. That's why it works there but won't in Tibia.

just thinking about this gave me idea for next server :) thanks for this thread i might host something once i get fibre here because im not bothered paying 90 euro a month when i can host it for like electricity cost which with pcs i have here will be like 5 euro for quad core running all month heh :D

Back