• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Threatened for DDoS Attack

Trader

Reaction score
Hello OTLand,

Well today is the dreaded day. The day that person logs in your OT and threatens to take your server down via DDoS attack.

I am here to request for some help. How can I protect myself from people like this? He was able to track my IP and my location and also take down my website. Is this proof of his ability to DDoS attack me?

I'm not sure if he's bluffing or not, but after he took the website down, I am pretty convinced that he can DDoS. Any suggestions/help?

Thank you very much

Let me guess, you're using Gesior? I think you might want to search OtLand for repairs/fixes or switch to Modern AAC.

Helps reducing apache/nginx/lighttpd traffic and reducing strongly the effectiveness of a web leeching DoS/DDoS (It can be used as both, all depends on the evil guys possibilities).

There are better alternatives that I am not known with, but this will also help you on daily basis as an OT hoster against spikes and more reserved bandwidth for the OT server

You can make sure to only feed the used ports with upload traffic, (80 25KB/sec), 7171 (1KB/sec) 7172 (5KB/sec) to each peer.
<Not sure here, though, but I believe there are tools for everything>.

Limit connections per IP.

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn --dport 80 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 20 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset (20 on port 80)
iptables -A INPUT -m connlimit --connlimit-above 50 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset (overall no more then 50 connections)

Limit connections per IP.

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn --dport 80 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 20 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset (20 on port 80)
iptables -A INPUT -m connlimit --connlimit-above 50 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset (overall no more then 50 connections)
hes using windows...

Fallen you troll ,,l,, help the guy if you know how to do it, otherwise stop 4chaning this thread, Psychotic Troll!!!!
@ Trader
can't you trace his IP and block all kinds of connections from him?

There is no cheap way to be completely protected from DoS attacks, there is some things you can do..hardening your tcp/ip stack is a great way to limit DoS attacks..google it. Along with the previous mentioned suggestions that stian posted.

Back