• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thronar - Alternate Tibia Server (New more organized thread)

Encountered a problem with getting the "powerful bolt" mastery on crossbowman. I tried every kind of "combination" with small letters and capitals, and it didnt work, however devastating bolt worked fine. Also, if its not already reported, Barney asks you for "THIRTY (30) plats" when you're going to buy the sword for the quest, yet he only takes THREE (3) plats from you.

Typo with "powerful bolt", fixed but for now use "powerfull bolt" with 2 L.
About barney's quest, also a typo, fixed it. Should be only 3.

Fixes will only happen when the server restart, only tomorrow.

I hope that my pc will be fixed tomorrow and not at the end of the week. Already spotted 8 friends in the highscore list :)

Can everyone say at what level they are and what their name is?

I'm playing on Serpent atm, archer level 4, pg inc.

The server is cool :p

Hey nux!! I was wondering where you were nice to see you're gonna play :)
I will play for sure. Nuxohiz and Plebb are already created so I can log in faster once the pc is fixed :) From the start I was convinced that I would play crossbowman again, but now I'm not sure anymore. Guess it also depends on which vocations the people I know are and how active they all are.

Do you happen to know or the 'charged shot' of crossbowmen can be canceled by other vocations? I read that some vocations have to power to exhaust/silence/???? others so that they can't cast spells temporarily.

I'm probably not behind a pc anymore until tomorrow.

Okay so a couple things I've found so far:

1. I just made a bone maul and after that I couldn't make any of the big weapons (great axe, broad sword, etc.) but I could do the weak ones. Hmm is there any explanation for that? Is there a cooldown or something?

2. The damage range on criticals and spells (Shot, Shot2) is kinda riddiculous. Criticals are rare, they should hit harder just because of that and I've seen 4dmg criticals. That's just wrong. Same for Shot and Shot2, enough pain it is to wait for the soul to regen (don't misunderstand me, I love the soul regen as it is), but hitting less than 10 with a shot2 and then hitting 30+ with a normal shot feels pretty bad. In my opinion, that should be reworked so the range is not that wide and you have a better chance to hit decently.

And a suggestion: Make some kind of command to report stuff like grammar typos on NPCs or stuff like that, it's gonna be much easier than reporting everything here!

Loving the server so far!

1376318465.jpg

FIRST MOUNT! Thankies goes to my friends! :p

Bugs : Cant make potions, i think potion brewing commands are bugged

EDIT: Not bug.. had to write it all in small letters

Luckyyyyyyyyy finding the bear mount is super super super super rare lol. I even remember last beta someone got super lucky and found it really quick, anyway gratz :)

18:24 Leoric: So you are finally here! I am supposed to tell you about professions: after you promote to your level 10 class, you will be able to learn craft professions to make your own items, wich include Potion Brewer, Weapon Forger, etc. Come back after you reached 10 and I will tell you more. Now I want you to show your skills by hunting brown bears, just east from the city. Bring me back 10 brown bear fur! Also, Ariel from the potion shop have something for you.

typos

Edit:
18:45 Serpent [6]: name on otland?
18:45 Zero [22]: yea
18:45 Zero [22]: no

I feel rejected.

Last edited:
theres something wrong again with either killing or tracker questline, i did get an unjust, went red skulled into the hideout, the npc wont react to quest, also, when checking !kill stats it tells me that im 0 unjust, which clearly should be 1, its like the system isnt counting the frags

theres something wrong again with either killing or tracker questline, i did get an unjust, went red skulled into the hideout, the npc wont react to quest, also, when checking !kill stats it tells me that im 0 unjust, which clearly should be 1, its like the system isnt counting the frags

Confirmed error, fixed it. Wait until next restart.

Sadly I can't play.

As I stated before, servers from europe are really bad for me due to latency problems.
I hope one day this will be hosted in USA or Brazil where it should be.

Anyway, good luck with the server Siegh.

Ive made a few balancing changes regarding Swordsmen and Warriors (and Clerics partly).

Due to the natural tankiness of Warriors, they can at some point outshine Swordsmen at blocking. To prevent that from happen, aside from unique tanking spells and masteries Swordsman always had, most shields have been removed from Warriors. Also, these shields will now offer a % damage reduction to everything but death damage, including physical. For example, the Steel Round Shield will reduce damage by 10%.

Im always looking closely at class balance and I will never allow them to go loose from their original intent and design.

How to start?

1. First go to website:
Thronar Beta
---
2. Next press "New account", and complete all rubrics.
---
3. Log in by your account name, and password typed few minutes ago.
---
4. Now go to "Create Character", and also complete all rubrics.
---
5. Start Tibia, then log in.
If you dont have an ip changer, or Tibia client 9.86 go to "Download".
---
6. Let talk with "Starters Guide" NPC.
Say:
-hi
-mission
-first class
-squire/archer/magician
-mission
Now you need to kill some Giant Wasps and take 2 honeycombs to this NPC.

First Mission

1. Go to position marked on map
0tsb.png

---
2. Kill some "Giant Wasps" and collect the honeycombs(x2).
v6x.png

---
3. Go back to "Starters Guide" NPC and talk about mission.
Say:
-hi
-mission

quote to next page?

Last edited:
How to start?

1. First go to website:
Thronar Beta
---
2. Next press "New account", and complete all rubrics.
---
3. Log in by your account name, and password typed few minutes ago.
---
4. Now go to "Create Character", and also complete all rubrics.
---
5. Start Tibia, then log in.
If you dont have an ip changer, or Tibia client 9.86 go to "Download".
---
6. Let talk with "Starters Guide" NPC.
Say:
-hi
-mission
-first class
-squire/archer/magician
-mission
Now you need to kill some Giant Wasps and take 2 honeycombs to this NPC.

First Mission

1. Go to position marked on map
0tsb.png

---
2. Kill some "Giant Wasps" and collect the honeycombs(x2).
v6x.png

---
3. Go back to "Starters Guide" NPC and talk about mission.
Say:
-hi
-mission

quote to next page?

This is awesome, if you can continue this tutorial until at least the level 10 promotion I will make it official at Thronar's website!

- - - Updated - - -

Class Design and Balance
I've been getting a few complaints about classes being this this and that while others are better at something else. So this is an official statement about how classes are designed, and why they are the way they are.

Original Intent
There are 10 classes in Thronar so far, becoming 16 at level 40! With such a high number, it's surely a challenge to create consistent difference in gameplay/abillities between all of them, to give a meaning for all of them in the game. If we think about the commonly seen roles in most rpgs, we would have the tanker, the dps, the mage, the healer, and more roles that in fact overwrites over one another, such as hybrids and different types of dps or support.

While I couldn't completely escape from these rules, I'm still trying to give each class the unique feeling it needs. While some of their roles may still overwrite one another, they all have their unique purpose. And these purposes widely differs from one another.

Squire Classes' Unique Points
Lets see the general idea behind each of the Squire tree classes and discuss about them:

Swordsman: The swordsmen are melee fighters that specialize in the use of swords and shields. Aside from having attacking skills, their shield skills allow them to challenge one or more monsters around, even at a long range and for a long duration, and also increase their defense and heal themselves for a short period. Thats his core, the tanker which can protect everyone.

Warrior: The warrior are the strongest melee fighters with high damage and health. Warriors can choose between using swords, axes, clubs, spears or halberds and are also unable to wield good shields, making them highly offensive. Thats his core, the offensive fighter that can also be the tank, but has no consistent way to protect his group.

Cleric: The cleric are supportive fighters wielding clubs and shields most commonly. While they can use healing spells, clerics are better with buffs such as Blessing and Regeneration and are really useful into assisting their group and fighting against undead with their holy damage spells. Thats his core, the supportive melee fighter with white magic.

Tracker: The trackers are rogue-like fighters that wield daggers and throwing weapons. Their damage isn't as high as other fighters, but they have a highe attack speed and critical rates to compensate, but they are also squishy. Their unique abillities allow them to go invisible and to be the only class that can exiva someone. Thats his core, the rogue that can exiva and stealth.

Discussion
Tell me your opinions about these 4 classes in particular including what you think about them, if anything needs change and/or rethinking.

Last edited:
Clerics seem to be more of a tank voc than any other melee voc since they can use the same eq and have a self healing spell

Clerics seem to be more of a tank voc than any other melee voc since they can use the same eq and have a self healing spell

Not really, Clerics ment to be buffers i think and they cant even taunt anything.. at higher lvl monsters taunt is very needed since some monsters can 1 hit every other classes than squires

Back