• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thronar - Alternate Tibia Server (New more organized thread)

Siegh

Thronar Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Open Beta starts 11 Aug 17:00 (CEST), 12:00 (GMT -3).
//Advertisement removed, this is a Discussion Board

97021118.png

Thronar is a solo-project of mine wich I have been working on for ages already. It have been online a couple of times for beta tests and achieved a small sucess with players wich some are yet waiting for it to be online again. The former betas were incomplete versions of the project, roughly made spells, equipments, systems and even no quests! What gripped players mostly were it's unique and fresh gameplay and feeling, wich now is thousand times more deeply made and refined with complete systems and such.

The base concept of this project is: make my own everything! I basically erased all the common "data" from tibia, wich includes monsters, items, spells and npc, and recreated them based on my own concepts and ideas. That means that you will not see players spamming "exuras" or buying "mpas" because they simply doesnt exist on Thronar.

Lets take a deeper look into Thronar's Systems:

*A huge self-made continental map! Thats correct, continental means that there is no sea, Thronar's huge map is bordered by mountains, rivers and thick forest patches. More details on my Mapping Showoff thread -> http://otland.net/f57/sieghs-mapping-thread-thronar-147134/

*Class System: Thronar's "vocations" are divided into 3 main branches, the Squire, the Archer and the Mage. A promote will be granted at level 10, wich will widen even greatly the numbers, reaching 10 different classes at this point. At level 40, once again a promote will be granted, reaching 16 different classes at it's peak!

25746348.png

Each class got its own utility and meaning and are always open to balancement.

*Spell System: Over 130 spells have been created for Thronar and this number only keeps growing! Spells range from elemental spells and skills, wich are mostly physical abillities such as "Heavy Chop". Spells may be acquired from a variety of ways depending on your class, and they will grown on levels such as Silence 1, Silence 2, Fire Wave 2, etc.

healdk.png

Healing spell Lv 2 for Clerics and Priests
Edit: a list of avaliable spells so far, tho I will not display much info about them yet and Im excluding some that have yet to be tested or fixed.
Code:
Sparks
Thyrfing Town Portal
Enoch Town Portal
Crumain Town Portal
Recharge
--
Light
Create Fire
Fire Strike
Fireball
Explosion
Fire Wave
Blazing Pillar
Scourched Ground
Summon Blazing Spirit
Summon Salamander
--
Wind Vortex
Wind Blade
Tornado
Storm
Thunderbolt
Lightning Nova
Summon Sparker
Summon Stormcaller
--
Water Vortex
Water Wall
Water Wave
Crystal Lance
Iceberg
Blizzard
Summon Waveform
Summon Tidal Wave
--
Shoot Stone
Poisonous Spike
Entangle
Plagued Land
Stonefall
Summon Plaguebearer
Summon Earth Golem
--
Call Deer
Call Giant Rat
Call Gray Wolf
Call Brown Bear
Call Giant Toad
Call Dire Rat
Call Tarantula
Call Stone Gargoyle
Call Alpha Gray Wolf
Call Horned Beetle
Call Swarm
Call Bog Spitter
Call Auraune
Call Greenclaw Beetle
--
Call Lesser Minions
Call Higher Minions
Call Bloody Skeleton
Call Dire Beast
Call Enslaved
Call Gravekeeper
--
Arcane Strike
Arcane Chaos
Slow
Mass Slow
Paralyze
Silence
Confuse
Weaken
Unprotect
Mastermind
Seal of Hate
Seal of Fear
Magic Shield
--
Self Healing
Healing
Mass Healing
Antidote
Purify
Haste
Blessing
Regeneration
Refill
Protection Barrier
Restore
Cleansing
Repel Undead
Divine Strike
Holy Missile
Divine Punishment
Banish Undead
Mana Burn
Degen
Purge
Might
Shield
--
Throw Stone
Sprint
Rest
--
Fierce Strike
Rush
Taunt
Heavy Chop
Wide Slash
Armor Break
Offense Break
Ogre Swing
Last Stand
Guard
Berserk
Moving Fortress
Battle Shout
Vengefull Blade
--
Blood Storm
Assassinate
Arm Crippler
Leg Crippler
Cloak
Track
Dash
Poisoned Meat
Poisoned Herb
--
Power Shot
Long Shot
Hawkeye
Chained Shot
Strafe
Triple Shot
Quill Spray
Charged Shot
Burst Shot
Execution

*Equipment System: Every piece of equipment have, of course, been made specifically for Thronar. Each weapon in particular, wields unique critical rate and critical damage values, and some specific weapons wields also special abillities upon landing a critical. Also, Thronar counts with a deep acessory system, wich consists of rare drops wich can benefit the wielder with the most variated bonuses and even some penalties! Some examples below:

weaps.png

Many acessories have hidden effects!

*Forging System: Players above level 10 are able to complete a quest wich will give them the option to pick a profession including Weapon Forger, Armor Forger and Potion Brewer. These professions will allow the player to gather the most different materials from monsters or from mining to craft into items (many items are cratable-only). Professions will grow in ranks from Apprentice to Master, and, of course, wields many benefits like less penalties while drinking a potion or the abillity to upgrade a piece of equipment!

miningm.png

Herb gathering and mining... you are not always lucky.

*Masteries System: Masteries are passive class-specific abillities wich one can learn while spending "mastery points" wich they earn by leveling. Each class excluding the 3 basic ones have their own mastery list and through the 10-39 levels will have a total of 5 points to be spent. After the level 40 promotes, a new mastery list will be avaliable according to the new class, but a secret will be behind these.

warriord.png

A level 27 Warrior's masteries with a total of 4 points spent.

*Unique Gameplay: No player in Thronar will be able to easily hunt alone on high level places and this is not simply achieved by uber strong monsters, but by a severely different healing system: no one aside from Clerics and Priests are able to consistently heal himself or others. Physical classes have the Rest skill wich enables them to heal while Off-Combat and magical classes have the Self-Heal spell wich is very weak and have a long 4 secs cooldown. Potions wields combat penalties atfter being drank so they arent yet your safest choice! The only way to survive while in pvp or hunting strong creatures are by having a supporter and a tanker on your side, otherwise you will not live long on Thronar's world.

boarc.png

Make some friends or become the prey!

*Questing System: Up from level 1, players will be guided along quests wich will teach them aobut the game, npc locations, hunting grounds and class specific issues. There are also many quests given by any npc around asking for your help on a simple (or not so simple) task. Also, most dungeons and caves will have numerous random quests, wich are hidden-or-not places where you can get random rewards periodically; rewards wich varies from exp, skills, equipments and even monster ambushes!

qest.png

Barret is concerned about Ciprid's behavior lately... maybe you can be of help?

------------------------------------------------------

These are most of the features already introduced on Thronar, keep in mind that a new one may be introduced at any time! The project is yet on it's development stage, Im working daily on it and it is closer to release than ever! I invite all of you to play at the release day! But sadly it is still unknow.

Have any questions, comments, opinions, suggestions, flames? Please feel free to post here at will!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks nice. I'll check out your thread regularly

I love the idea of the continent, and you know I love how you map and all that, but your server looks to complicate that I'm kind of disliking the whole idea :(
Probably I'll play, you know I'm a follower of this server, but I hope I like it. Good luck Siegh :D

I love the idea of the continent, and you know I love how you map and all that, but your server looks to complicate that I'm kind of disliking the whole idea :(
Probably I'll play, you know I'm a follower of this server, but I hope I like it. Good luck Siegh :D

Oh believe me, it seems complicated but its not hard to play. Its easy to play, difficult to master, thats how it is. Just following the starters guide will lead you to around lvl 20 without much problems, and will also explain you all (or at least most) of Thronar's systems like masteries, spells, professions etc.

The only part that is hard indeed is hunting on dungeons, solving puzzles and finding secrets, and thats the good part of a game!

Of course a veteran player will have a lot of advantages such as knowin each npc gives a quest, how to solve puzzles, good mastery builds, how to best acquire crafting materials, best usage of spells, etc, etc, but again, thats the good part of a game!

Thronar will be like playing Tibia for the first time, you will have to rediscover most things, and thats the good part of a game :D

It sounds good, but you could find good people to help you on this in the OT jobs sub forum. I think you have great ideas, rl tibia used to be great when it was difficult, but I'm wondering if you will be able to finish this alone. Perfecting the map, balancing, giving the NPCs complete and rich dialouges etc. But what do you know, maybe you can. If you keep the exp rate low you can successively add more things to your OT while it's online.

More screenshots please !

And when will you host another beta ?! :/

It sounds good, but you could find good people to help you on this in the OT jobs sub forum. I think you have great ideas, rl tibia used to be great when it was difficult, but I'm wondering if you will be able to finish this alone. Perfecting the map, balancing, giving the NPCs complete and rich dialouges etc. But what do you know, maybe you can. If you keep the exp rate low you can successively add more things to your OT while it's online.

More screenshots please !

And when will you host another beta ?! :/

I will probably find some partners after I finish content enough for a true release, before that Id rather keep doing everything on my own even if it takes a while :p
Yes, naturally Thronar is what you could call a "low rate", but everything is so different that from level 10-15 you will se a big difference on your character strenght, while lvl 30 you will be gods comparing to level 15, etc. The levels are slow, but the reward for each one is much greater than on normal tibia and quests will always be guiding you.

A new beta might come soon, but I dont know yet when the true release will come. I might add more screenshots xD

Yes.

BTW I noticed your screenshot when you healed yourself "HEAL 2: SIEGH". I recommend a spell language! Much more RPGish

Yes, in Thronar's concept, the necromancer class wil be druids wich betrayed their principles and lost their druidic powers (beast summoning) in exchange for black magic and necromancy).

About the words, I tried to do that but... creating words to more than 130 spells (more than 300 if counting each spell level) is not an easy task >_<, and that might confuse players a lot about wich spell their mates or enemies are using, since many doesnt have an exactly clear effect.

Oh believe me, it seems complicated but its not hard to play. Its easy to play, difficult to master, thats how it is. Just following the starters guide will lead you to around lvl 20 without much problems, and will also explain you all (or at least most) of Thronar's systems like masteries, spells, professions etc.

The only part that is hard indeed is hunting on dungeons, solving puzzles and finding secrets, and thats the good part of a game!

Of course a veteran player will have a lot of advantages such as knowin each npc gives a quest, how to solve puzzles, good mastery builds, how to best acquire crafting materials, best usage of spells, etc, etc, but again, thats the good part of a game!

Thronar will be like playing Tibia for the first time, you will have to rediscover most things, and thats the good part of a game :D

I will probably find some partners after I finish content enough for a true release, before that Id rather keep doing everything on my own even if it takes a while :p
Yes, naturally Thronar is what you could call a "low rate", but everything is so different that from level 10-15 you will se a big difference on your character strenght, while lvl 30 you will be gods comparing to level 15, etc. The levels are slow, but the reward for each one is much greater than on normal tibia and quests will always be guiding you.

A new beta might come soon, but I dont know yet when the true release will come. I might add more screenshots xD

Yes, in Thronar's concept, the necromancer class wil be druids wich betrayed their principles and lost their druidic powers (beast summoning) in exchange for black magic and necromancy).

About the words, I tried to do that but... creating words to more than 130 spells (more than 300 if counting each spell level) is not an easy task >_<, and that might confuse players a lot about wich spell their mates or enemies are using, since many doesnt have an exactly clear effect.

I believe in you Siegh, I'll definetly play Thronar, but..
Can you give us some examples about rates probably? Or when will you show us some creatures experience, show their loot, show us more equipment..
Edit the weapons and monters means that you'll do an specific page for show the people how monsters are, like in Tibia of course.
And about spells, actually you shouldn't, YOU MUST edit one by one each spell man! That's why you'll have a page on the internet about Thronar!
You will have to explain all and each vocations habilities or inmunities..
I think you should be thinking in look por a team soon >.< 'cause I WANNA PLAY THRONAR as soon as posible! T_T

Keep working Siegh, goodluck my brother!

You could use tibia spell language, nothing wrong with that! I think it's the best choice you've got unless you are gonna create your own language.

Or actually it can work, but maybe something like "great healing" or "divine healing" instead of "heal 2". Examples: Fire Explosion > Eternal Inferno. Energy beam > Lightning Volley. Kamehameha > Super Kamehama etc.

And also why not cast it this way: "heal "siegh" like most tibia players are used to (exiva "siegh - exura sio "siegh).

It may also be better to say "healing" rather than "heal", not when you heal others but when you heal yourself. For instance "mana absorption" sounds much better than "mana absorb". I don't know what grammatical form it is but I think it's to be prefered.

Last edited:
You could use tibia spell language, nothing wrong with that! I think it's the best choice you've got unless you are gonna create your own language.

Or actually it can work, but maybe something like "great healing" or "divine healing" instead of "heal 2". Examples: Fire Explosion > Eternal Inferno. Energy beam > Lightning Volley. Kamehameha > Super Kamehama etc.

And also why not cast it this way: "heal "siegh" like most tibia players are used to (exiva "siegh - exura sio "siegh).

It may also be better to say "healing" rather than "heal", not when you heal others but when you heal yourself. For instance "mana absorption" sounds much better than "mana absorb". I don't know what grammatical form it is but I think it's to be prefered.

No, Id rather not use tibian spell language by any means. About the "fancy names" on spells, most high level spells have names such as that, while low level spells have more simple names. For example: Fire Explosion, Water Wave, Wind Vortex are low level spells while Scourched Earth, Blizzard, Lightning Nova are high level.

About the "heal "siegh", the writing will be the same, you will write for instance h-heal "siegh (h-heal is a prefix wich I use to separate each spell element or type, and h would be holy, f fire, etc).

Everything on Thronar is subject to a change, I might think about creating spell words if I think its apropriate, but right now Im focused on some more important things such as completing quests, adding more and mapping.

I believe in you Siegh, I'll definetly play Thronar, but..
Can you give us some examples about rates probably? Or when will you show us some creatures experience, show their loot, show us more equipment..
Edit the weapons and monters means that you'll do an specific page for show the people how monsters are, like in Tibia of course.
And about spells, actually you shouldn't, YOU MUST edit one by one each spell man! That's why you'll have a page on the internet about Thronar!
You will have to explain all and each vocations habilities or inmunities..
I think you should be thinking in look por a team soon >.< 'cause I WANNA PLAY THRONAR as soon as posible! T_T

Keep working Siegh, goodluck my brother!

Thinking about your comment... now I want to create a Thronar Wikia xD, but I will leave it for when its online. About the spells, I think Ive awnsered the same question above, and yes, I will create this "wikia" to explain lots of things, thanks for givin me this idea!

Thanks God, I will keep working!

No, Id rather not use tibian spell language by any means. About the "fancy names" on spells, most high level spells have names such as that, while low level spells have more simple names. For example: Fire Explosion, Water Wave, Wind Vortex are low level spells while Scourched Earth, Blizzard, Lightning Nova are high level.

About the "heal "siegh", the writing will be the same, you will write for instance h-heal "siegh (h-heal is a prefix wich I use to separate each spell element or type, and h would be holy, f fire, etc).

Everything on Thronar is subject to a change, I might think about creating spell words if I think its apropriate, but right now Im focused on some more important things such as completing quests, adding more and mapping.

Thinking about your comment... now I want to create a Thronar Wikia xD, but I will leave it for when its online. About the spells, I think Ive awnsered the same question above, and yes, I will create this "wikia" to explain lots of things, thanks for givin me this idea!

Thanks God, I will keep working!

Well, I still think you MUST create the spells one by one. I think you'll lose the EPIC part putting the spells like that :/
Thronar Wikia huh? Sounds PERFECT ;D

Gl Sgh~

Ive edited the first post with a small list of spells avaliable so far excluding some special mentions and broken spells that have yet to be fixed. Note that most of them are spells below lvl 40, Ive only created a few spells for the promotions yet, but enough to differenciate them. Of course I will create lots of unique spells for each one.

Here it is:
Code:
Sparks
Thyrfing Town Portal
Enoch Town Portal
Crumain Town Portal
Recharge
--
Light
Create Fire
Fire Strike
Fireball
Explosion
Fire Wave
Blazing Pillar
Scourched Ground
Summon Blazing Spirit
Summon Salamander
--
Wind Vortex
Wind Blade
Tornado
Storm
Thunderbolt
Lightning Nova
Summon Sparker
Summon Stormcaller
--
Water Vortex
Water Wall
Water Wave
Crystal Lance
Iceberg
Blizzard
Summon Waveform
Summon Tidal Wave
--
Shoot Stone
Poisonous Spike
Entangle
Plagued Land
Stonefall
Summon Plaguebearer
Summon Earth Golem
--
Call Deer
Call Giant Rat
Call Gray Wolf
Call Brown Bear
Call Giant Toad
Call Dire Rat
Call Tarantula
Call Stone Gargoyle
Call Alpha Gray Wolf
Call Horned Beetle
Call Swarm
Call Bog Spitter
Call Auraune
Call Greenclaw Beetle
--
Call Lesser Minions
Call Higher Minions
Call Bloody Skeleton
Call Dire Beast
Call Enslaved
Call Gravekeeper
--
Arcane Strike
Arcane Chaos
Slow
Mass Slow
Paralyze
Silence
Confuse
Weaken
Unprotect
Mastermind
Seal of Hate
Seal of Fear
Magic Shield
--
Self Healing
Healing
Mass Healing
Antidote
Purify
Haste
Blessing
Regeneration
Refill
Protection Barrier
Restore
Cleansing
Repel Undead
Divine Strike
Holy Missile
Divine Punishment
Banish Undead
Mana Burn
Degen
Purge
Might
Shield
--
Throw Stone
Sprint
Rest
--
Fierce Strike
Rush
Taunt
Heavy Chop
Wide Slash
Armor Break
Offense Break
Ogre Swing
Last Stand
Guard
Berserk
Moving Fortress
Battle Shout
Vengefull Blade
--
Blood Storm
Assassinate
Arm Crippler
Leg Crippler
Cloak
Track
Dash
Poisoned Meat
Poisoned Herb
--
Power Shot
Long Shot
Hawkeye
Chained Shot
Strafe
Triple Shot
Quill Spray
Charged Shot
Burst Shot
Execution

Last edited:
Oh no, not exactly, but something similar. I didnt had enough time to think about spell words yet, they are still arranged on the old way. For example: W-Storm, S-Shot, S-Chain, F-Explosion, etc, etc.

Im decided to think about my own spell language but I will leave it to when I have enough time for it.

Oh no, not exactly, but something similar. I didnt had enough time to think about spell words yet, they are still arranged on the old way. For example: W-Storm, S-Shot, S-Chain, F-Explosion, etc, etc.

Im decided to think about my own spell language but I will leave it to when I have enough time for it.

I think its better not to have a spell language, this way its a lot easier. I would hate to learn new words so I can use your spells, I mean have you seen the amount of spells you have? I for one, would see a new spell language as a con. Thats just me tho, you could make a poll.

Back