• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 7.4 Framerate.

Ranyo13

ManCausingMayhem
Reaction score
Heya otlanders!

I hope i'm writing in the right place, and i hope i will also get some help, so here's my problem.
Most people say its impossible to fix that, but i don't know if there's some professional computer programmer that can find a solution for my problem and maybe most 7.4 tibia players problem.
First of all, tibia client cannot be used in DirectX9/11 or even OpenGL so don't bother yourself by trying to tell me "Go to Options/Graphics/Advanced Options and click DirectX9, so i guess you guys know my problem now, its all about tibia 7.4 and my frame rates.
On tibia 7.72+ I got frame rates around 60-120, but when i try and play a 7.4 open tibia server, for an example: realistic-war.no-ip.org (Not trying to advertise)
I get major screen lags and not internet lags, and my frame rate drops to 5-13, so i wonder if there is any fix, that can get my frame rates to 30 at least.
I have read almost every thread about this, but most of them are like 2 years ago, and most of them say its impossible to fix, but maybe technology these days created some help for this problem?
Well, I really hope i have got to my point and you guys understand my problem, thanks in advance and sorry for my english,
Ranyo13

Last edited:
You need a modified 7.72 client that works with 7.4, there's nothing you can do with the 7.4 client to fix the FPS to my knowledge.

Get another graphics card, as far as I know that's the only solution.
I'm using a laptop so i can't get another card.

Edit: Any more suggestions people?! That's not the answers i have expected. Any FPS boosters, anything?!

How do you people even need more than 30 FPS to play Tibia? Are there any gains to running at a high frame rate for this game?
On those rare occasions when I go and play Tibia, I set my frame limit to 30 and it feels just fine. Running past 60 FPS doesn't feel any smoother to me unless I play some 3D games then DAT 120Hz monitor feel

Riddle me, I wish to know

Last edited:
Did you even bother yourself reading the whole thread, or your just trolling around, i have seen your posts a while ago, all of them were trolling posts. Anyways lemme repeat that, I've got like 5-10 fps while playing 7.4 client. And the limit bar is on the max.

Did you even bother yourself reading the whole thread, or your just trolling around, i have seen your posts a while ago, all of them were trolling posts. Anyways lemme repeat that, I've got like 5-10 fps while playing 7.4 client. And the limit bar is on the max.
No, I didn't. The Engrish was hard on my eyes. Stay mad

No, I didn't. The Engrish was hard on my eyes. Stay mad
What about getting a life and getting the f**k of my thread?
----------------------------------------------------------
Bumpzor.

I know it sucks with low FPS, had the same problem a while ago with my old Laptop but I'm pretty sure there is no software that can help unfortunately.

Zatjin i don't think slurp knows anything about computers, he just logs on to troll then log off, he has no life. Any other help?

I was playing a 7.6 server on Windows 7 64bit high-end gaming laptop and couldn't get more then 6 FPS. It's a bug with some new computers because 7.4-7.6~ runs on DirectX5 and unless you have it your computer will get extremely low FPS. I've tried uninstalling my drivers and completely reinstalling them, I've tried downloading DirectX5 and even trying to force run the client in DirectX9.. and none of them worked. I wasn't able to fix the problem and know a lot of others who have it a swell, I don't think its fixable.

Are there many differences between 7.72 and 7.6/7.4 ? I might try to "backport" (so to speak) 7.72 to support older protocol servers.

I was playing a 7.6 server on Windows 7 64bit high-end gaming laptop and couldn't get more then 6 FPS. It's a bug with some new computers because 7.4-7.6~ runs on DirectX5 and unless you have it your computer will get extremely low FPS. I've tried uninstalling my drivers and completely reinstalling them, I've tried downloading DirectX5 and even trying to force run the client in DirectX9.. and none of them worked. I wasn't able to fix the problem and know a lot of others who have it a swell, I don't think its fixable.

I got pretty decent PC as well with Windows 7 x64 and i got like 100~FPS on 7.4, i don't have problem running any client... Maybe you have some integrated Laptop graphics card that doesn't like those old clients.

They all have Dx5, it's just since pretty much nothing uses it these days there not built to run games with it very well. It could be because of the operating system, XP should run it decently but sometimes it's due to the graphics card not being that great so the support for Dx5 is pretty bad.

Virtual Box is the way to go! Install windows xp on virtual box and problem is solved. On Windows 7 I have 20-30 fps, under virtual box and XP: 80-100.

I don't get why the OS would be the problem. On my laptop (Windows 7) I have 8~ fps.

On my stationary computer I have 200-400 fps (Windows 7)

The problem is, (some) graphics card manufacturers doesn't provide drivers that support old directx on Windows 7.

Noone to blame, directx5 is 15 years old.

I guess i will stop playing realistic then, thanks a lot for trying to help me guys.
Moderator can close thread now. If anyone reads this while closed and finds a solution please pm me.

Back