• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia AntiCheat Engine

How do you think about a tibia hack shield?

• Total voters

Shawak

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Shawak
Well what do you think how would that be? An anti cheat engine or hack shield for Tibia? Did you ever think about something like this? Should it be free?

I think a lot of players wouldn't play servers with it because nowadays bot is a must for most of the players. Making one shouldn't be difficult though, just make an external application that'd look for bots (processes/injected things) and hook Tibia's process socket, in case of detecting any bot send a special packet to the server that'd inform the server about a player using a cheat then deal with it.

Diath, that's what i though also, it's actually very "easy" to protect Tibia Servers so you can't use a bot, the question is if it's worth it and if people will use it.

How do you ever imagine a server-sided prevention of botting? Imo you just can't prevent it anymore.

server sided no, but client sided(like what is being proposed here) might be possible

I'm talking about another programm watching the client and all other programms running to prevent cheating/botting.

You can easily pass around that system with new projects like otclient.
It requires both client and server sided changes, which are still pass-able by e.g. otclient.

Meanwhile you can just shut that "other program" down as well, if it's not even integrated.

im thinking its something that if implemented would make allot of servers empty, because once its delivered on servers people will leave and all run to other servers whom dont use it. the only way this would probably work right is if ALL servers implemented this as to not leave a choice for people. then they would have no-where to run and would just keep playing their servers but legit.

Possible ways of doing this is to get the word out for a month or two after its made, get Owners to sign up on the list for the release date, and have everyone drop it onto their servers at the same time.

You can easily pass around that system with new projects like otclient.
It requires both client and server sided changes, which are still pass-able by e.g. otclient.

Meanwhile you can just shut that "other program" down as well, if it's not even integrated.

Well, you can always have some kind of special token system as a custom packet, if server doesn't receive special packet with the token it would automatically disconnect the client after a short period of time (This would prevent only the third-party application from being terminated, easily by-passable with otclient though).

Well, you can always have some kind of special token system as a custom packet, if server doesn't receive special packet with the token it would automatically disconnect the client after a short period of time (This would prevent only the third-party application from being terminated, easily by-passable with otclient though).

You would have to only allow otclient then and protect it against hooks.

It's actually possible, coders know this, Diath know what I am talking about, this poll is about weather people would like it or not.

No, you would have to allow Tibia client only, since with otclient it'd be easy to by-pass with a simple mod.

Yes it would be as easy to by-pass the only Tibia client restriction then.
So that's no use.

I think it's a good idea but it could go one of two ways. Either a lot of people play the server knowing there won't be any botters or no body plays the server cause they can't play without a bot.

Back