• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Flash Client Sources

Why the hell would they release the most advanced real tibia server engine out there that has the most accurate and bugless content out of all real tibia servers? o_O

Why the hell would they release the most advanced real tibia server engine out there that has the most accurate and bugless content out of all real tibia servers? o_O
I didn't mention datapack :p

If it's the most accurate and bugless, it would be online today. They would have succeeded if they took the chance they had to launch their server, but they're just too dumb to accept that. Simply incompetent and childish team.

where's your server?

What does "my server" has to do anything related to this? As I am criticizing them, I must own an OT server? You're just a simple wannabe mod who will never succeed, asking others to show the same value in order to give their opinion.
FYI I know these people and I also know what they work in and how they work.

If I am not able to focus on my own server as it should be, I don't go out claiming the most advanced Open Tibia Server of history.

What does "my server" has to do anything related to this? As I am criticizing them, I must own an OT server? You're just a simple wannabe mod who will never succeed, asking others to show the same value in order to give their opinion.

If I am not able to focus on my own server as it should be, I don't go out claiming the most advanced Open Tibia Server of history.
lol

Except that they didn't claim that, I did and I stand by my point. ;)
I'm not aware of them saying that.

Who da fak are you? I cannot remind your nickname from XB Forum or OXServer. As far as I know Syntax, Joshwa, jo3, Rydan and Summ were the crew.

thank you for the release. Hopefully one day you'll share the bugs you have fixed in OX, and the list of those who you couldn't.
This would take the community to a next level

Sorry for the dumb quesiton but what is a tibia flash client? whats the difference between this client and normal client?

and also you can still use it, you can keep your server at 10.80 and fix the protocol login, it was really cool but still flash :p

Wow, thanks for the release. "More to come..." - will you release source code of OXServer engine? Dream on...

We have a lot of misc tools and code that can be open sourced. We won't be releasing the datapack or engine in the near future, since we're still working on the project during our spare time. The problem is we have a lot of proprietary stuff that only works with our stack. But, I do have big plans for the OT community...

If it's the most accurate and bugless, it would be online today. They would have succeeded if they took the chance they had to launch their server, but they're just too dumb to accept that. Simply incompetent and childish team.

The opposite is true, because we put so much time into it, it takes a long time to develop. We prefer working on the server casually.
I just want to point out that you're nothing and you'll never be anything other than a net negative on society. Have fun being a toxic parasite, we'll be creating things for people to enjoy, not trolling for 5 minutes of attention.

thank you for the release. Hopefully one day you'll share the bugs you have fixed in OX, and the list of those who you couldn't.

You're welcome! To fix some bugs, entire systems had to be rewritten. We don't have server side ids, we use a custom NPC system, etc. So it's hard to release fixes without releasing the whole thing. In the far future that may happen, but we're still developing it.

I appreciate, we think in a very similar way. I plan to release my server to the public also in a near future, but while I'm still planning to open it I'll do my best to keep it as a secret.

If everyone who had big projects and gave up released them to community, we would be way more advanced by now.

Like Syntax pointed out, OX has diverged so much from TFS that it would be really hard for us to do this. As a whole, TFS is fairly bug-free, new ones are fixed regularly, and we've even contributed bug-fixes as well (e.g., Check that player partner isn't self by jo3bingham · Pull Request #2472 · otland/forgottenserver). The majority of our changes to the server code has been improvements (e.g., creature pathing, spell area line-of-sight, etc.), but, again, these have come at the cost of major rewrites that make it hard for us to raise a pull request against the TFS repository. Apart from that, major PRs on TFS seem to either get ignored or rejected for one reason or another (e.g., Flatlander's pathfinding optimizations: Optimized Pathfinding by Flatlander57 · Pull Request #2464 · otland/forgottenserver) and never make it in to the master branch which leaves it up to individuals to merge it into their own branches which causes further divergence from the original source.

Let me preface what I'm about to say so I don't sound hypocritical, TFS is good enough for what it is; an emulation of a Tibia server. 99% of players aren't going to notice a difference between it and CipSoft's server of the same client version (assuming the server hoster has a 1:1 map, monsters, actions, etc.). The problem with TFS is that it's difficult for newcomers to contribute to; even someone who is proficient in C++. There are multiple reasons for this including basically no comments or documentation, spaghetti code, a mixture of C++ standards (C++98, C++11, C++14) [granted this is common, but it still can be confusing for beginners to the language]. Even the shear size of some of the headers (player.h) and classes (luascript.cpp) is insane.

What I think would take the community to the next level would be a new server built from the ground up, using the latest standards and technology, commented and documented along the way, but, more importantly, with constant community updates. Take a look at some of the other attempts at a new server, and in different languages (C# and Python come to mind), development is basically dead. Why? Lack of developers is one reason, but I think the main reason is there's no communication with the community (whether or not the community cares). For example, I took a quick look at the C# server that was recently in development to possibly lend a hand, but their development was in a state that made it nearly impossible for anyone to contribute who hadn't been following along since the beginning because major components were split up with a single person working on them in a single branch when they should have been split into smaller jobs. If they would have taken advantage of the task/project section that GitHub provides (or even a third-party one like Trello) to plan out features, prioritise them, divide tasks, and keep track of progress, and also using their thread here on OTLand to update the community on the development process, I think the project would be doing much better as of right now.

I think C++ and Lua are still the optimal languages to use (but with more of the server in Lua and only the necessary core in C++), though others would disagree. I think doing this would be a lot of fun, and I would enjoy doing it if I had the extra free time. Maybe I'll have the time in the future...

To add on to Syntax's closing statement "More to come...", I have plans on releasing protocol changes to the community, like I've done in the past, among other things once OX is in a state we're happy with.

Great post, I've kept my distance on official repo exactly because of what you have mentioned.
It was very hard to begin understanding the source code, if just the core was there and we had more in Lua I wouldn't find it so difficult to find where things are coming from. In fact, I possibly wouldn't need to edit source at all.

Let me know if I can assist with anything to make sure OX reach the state you are happy with, sharing those kind of improvements would represent a huge boost to TFS community.

Back