• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia for busy people

Tadeuvich

Reaction score
I am one of the people that have played Tibia around the 7.6 version and nowadays live an adult life. The desire for a good play in Tibia still exists in me. I imagine it exists in the same group of people too.
I keep thinking about an Open Server focused on busy people. One that wouldn't give too much advantage to people that grind 12h daily over people that plays 1~2h daily.
I want to hear your thoughts and ideas on that.

I have no idea exactly how it would be. People say Guild Wars 2 can be casually played. Playing it to "steal" some ideas would be a plan.

I think the Tibia grind can be easily mitigated by adding more ways to gain experience and perhaps even skills.
Although be mindful of players that will login and play everyday and how that will look after a year or two.
For sure. I have a small belief that the direction would be something like level cap and different roles for you to play with different strategies.
I would also try to make it fun to play with others instead of playing alone.
Maybe add puzzles, mysteries and similar content that doesn't need you to be online to solve them.
But those are all vague ideas.

You should play Tibiantis then. The race for levels is just a small part of the server. People skill, make runes, level slowly and pk at lvl 20 just for fun.

You should play Tibiantis then. The race for levels is just a small part of the server. People skill, make runes, level slowly and pk at lvl 20 just for fun.
What is the difference between Tibiantis and the default Tibia? Where can I read more about it?

I am one of the people that have played Tibia around the 7.6 version and nowadays live an adult life. The desire for a good play in Tibia still exists in me. I imagine it exists in the same group of people too.
I keep thinking about an Open Server focused on busy people. One that wouldn't give too much advantage to people that grind 12h daily over people that plays 1~2h daily.

I have no idea exactly how it would be. People say Guild Wars 2 can be casually played. Playing it to "steal" some ideas would be a plan.
botting seems like a solution for you

botting seems like a solution for you
I do expected to incorporate bot into the game. Some ideas about that:
  • Can only use bot if bot mode is enabled
  • Players that attack other players in bot mode don't get PK
  • Achievements for bot hunters
  • More EXP loss from death while botting
- Make sure the EXP lost doesn't go below the EXP the player had when he enabled bot mode

That way I make it legal to have bot, but make their life hard.

What is the difference between Tibiantis and the default Tibia? Where can I read more about it?
Its a hardcore 7.4 server that has the same exp rate as real Tibia. Since it has been online for 3 years people actually try to enjoy the game in its slow pace instead of rushing levels. Hit me up if you want some starter gear!

Your optimal strategy might be to join a staged XP server, which allows for rapid leveling up to some level, after that it gets really slow. This can help you reach a competitive level, enabling you to hold your own against players who have put many more hours into the game. Tibia a team-based game, so without a solid team, the number of hours you invest might not matter as much, you will still get rekt by a big team of noobies.

I mean, just play Tibia.
You don’t need to grind a shit ton anymore

Invest some tc to buy a char with decent skills and have fun, especially high skilled ek/rp

you can't match 12 hours of sweating with 1-2 hours daily of casual gaming in MMORPG genre, just deal with it

You would want to play on a server where xp gain after first 2 hours of stamina drops to 10% + possibly stamina regeneration is slower. But guess what, probably there are no servers like this.

You would want to play on a server where xp gain after first 2 hours of stamina drops to 10% + possibly stamina regeneration is slower. But guess what, probably there are no servers like this.
That is the idea. Create one. I have 2 things to answer for that:
  • Would people play it?
  • What would people do in the remaining time?

Dude, I'm in the same here! Doing my own Open Tibia Server aimed for busy people almost for 4 years! (Although I always wanted to have my own OT server many years ago...)

I'll share some stuff that I thought untill today:

• Try arcade games, just press start and enjoy the game! In this case you have to decrease the difference between the stronger player and the weaker to make PVP more reachable for people that don't have all day to get level... Like Counter-Strike, or Asteroids, or Tetris, or Super Mario...
  • Make things easier and simple! Instead of having 9999 different items and combinations, try like Gears Of War: you have the rifle, the machine gun, the sub machine gun, the rocket launcher... But not 36 different rifles and 3423 machine guns (like wttffff???)
  • Create your own playground! Have different quests, with different ambients and get focous on the dynamic of the PVM. And why not to be some place that could be always open to be beated again? The boss will be always there to fight, just like Zelda Majora's Mask.
  • Have fun creating your own game, it's not easy and requires a lot of mapping, scripting and testing. Believe in your dream like I did =)

Remember what were the things that you liked most in Tibia... For me, firstly I love to discover new places, or new ways (Unfortunately, as a creator of my map i'll never not know about any spot, but I don't mind beacuse I still love walk in the map that I did). And second, the action on PVP! Mostly when it have equilibrium between the players, and not that stuff like "Press f5 to 'exevo gran mas vis' and kill everybody... I know this is particularly fun for the one that pressed f5, but for everyone else is not. Then, sometimes we have give alway for somethings to reach the things you want (please, don't give up your job to make a OTServer hahahahaha).

Hope that help! You're not alone you old and busy man xD

Where can I follow it?

I never posted my project on internet...

I just want to set my game online before I talk about it. I promisse I'll share every 'new-thing mechanic' after, because it'll be someway to thank OTLand community. I just don't know when I'll finish it because my life is upside down now, but I think I can see the light in the end of the tunnel already.

Just to know, everything custom. Every battle mechanic, every creature, map, history! And a history with pre-historic era and all the lore of the creation of the Universe. It will have many libraries in the game with books... Also it have a couple of craft mechanics, like paper craft, beer, iron... All of this just for fun, and to seek quests, and to learn about the history and other things like philosophy, science...

Glad you asked, it give me hope that people will enjoy it! =)

And I never said I don't have time, I just talked about creating game for people that don't have time. I only said that my life is upside down and I'm passing through a lot. But I'll fix it soon.

So read stuff before you make jokes of it :mad:

Are you worried about players who don't have time to play or can only dedicate 1-2 hours? Well, the solution is to give up on this project of putting it online. Instead, enjoy your personal life and stop trying to create a new server or editing it when no one shows up. In summary, go to the gym, spend time with your girlfriend, family, or focus on work. That's your simple life... hahaha 😂😂😂😂

Back