• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Frederus

Reaction score
Does Anybody Else Feel its about time Cipsoft Stepped up and made 3D version of tibia.....
I feel our much loved game is really starting to fall behind graphically, i mean its never been great but i just feel they don't care for improving it.

I am curious to see peoples responses,
Maybe its just me but id like to see a completely overhauled version of tibia.

As a side note should they start preparing tibia for VR headsets? like the VIVE or Oculas?

I personally really like the idea of being able to walk around our favorite hunting grounds and quests in first person, facing that demon by yourself.

Tibia in 3D is not tibia anymore.

You cant just say that with nothing to back that up, why is it not... if you kept the map layout and the items and monsters all the same....
it would still be the same game just in 3D or VR.....

I think it would be something awesome to watch, but my myself I wouldn't play..
I'm dead stuck with 2D games.. I grew up playing Ice climbers and Super Mario on old nitendo xD

2D is the best. But I think improving animations and some old graphics would be the best option. 3D MMOs are ugly.

2D is the best. But I think improving animations and some old graphics would be the best option. 3D MMOs are ugly.

Yeah if nothing else id like to see something like this.
With some new spell animations ect...
(just saying i've seen some better animations on phone games so why don't Cipsoft do it?)

Here is the real deal from my point of view:

Game Developers should stop focusing on getting more graphics out of the "good" hardware we have nowadays and start actually stop ruining games mechanics, Tibia is dead, not because of the new content (Keep in mind that I'm an oldschooler, but I always appreciate new content), but because of this hotkeycrap that first of all, took all the skill from everyone that played from 7.1 onwards completely away and helped bot-developer's lives with coding.

And this pretty much goes for all other games from today, that are completely focused on bringing a bigger boss, a better detailed graphic, even shinier items instead of making the gameplay enjoyable, inwhich skill is still "earnable" by gameplay time and thinking logically, instead of slamming random keys on your keyboard.

Enough said.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

Here is the real deal from my point of view:

Game Developers should stop focusing on getting more graphics out of the "good" hardware we have nowadays and start actually stop ruining games mechanics, Tibia is dead, not because of the new content (Keep in mind that I'm an oldschooler, but I always appreciate new content), but because of this hotkeycrap that first of all, took all the skill from everyone that played from 7.1 onwards completely away and helped bot-developer's lives with coding.

And this pretty much goes for all other games from today, that are completely focused on bringing a bigger boss, a better detailed graphic, even shinier items instead of making the gameplay enjoyable, inwhich skill is still "earnable" by gameplay time and thinking logically, instead of slamming random keys on your keyboard.

Enough said.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

i agree with most of this.
I personally feel that i have not played a better game than tibia.

Reasons are the possibilities are endless within tibia, and the community at least used to be great.
But that is why i would like to see a more enhanced version of the game,

To be honest im really torn on what i would like i see the pro's and con's of it but just feel like there hasnt been any 3D mmo that has drawn me in like tibia did around 10 years ago.
"I used to play it everyday without fail"

i would love to see new graphics. Not new perspective. Most of the users that read this post probably thought you ment 3d graphics like others MMOs but i think i got your idea.
everything will keep working as it is, but the graphics could be more animated and not to give a impression that it were drawn in Paint
I'd support this but i have no idea of what look for

tldr

New graphic engine, not new graphics

I can go without the 3D, but I can for a new client. As if we don't know already, more outdated than Bethesda's engine.

@Marcelo Druida After reading most of the posts I'm pretty sure he meant 3d graphics like other MMOs hence the VR.

The graphics of Tibia is a part of what makes it Tibia. It gives it that retro feel that you won't find anywhere else. Making the game 3D would ruin it in my opinion.
While the idea sounds cool I'm pretty sure CipSoft would never divide their resources to try and create a 3D Tibia. Think about how long it would take to redo all of the current content!

Also I think that 2d graphics make it easier to interact with other people. Using chat and see what people are talking about is easier in Tibia than in 3d mmo.

@Marcelo Druida After reading most of the posts I'm pretty sure he meant 3d graphics like other MMOs hence the VR.

The graphics of Tibia is a part of what makes it Tibia. It gives it that retro feel that you won't find anywhere else. Making the game 3D would ruin it in my opinion.
While the idea sounds cool I'm pretty sure CipSoft would never divide their resources to try and create a 3D Tibia. Think about how long it would take to redo all of the current content!

and what about what I said? dont you think it would be very cool?

tibia in 3D? it make me laugh, ShitSoft have no capacity and ability to make a 3D game, they are desespered to get money to keep their servers online

Last edited:
and what about what I said? dont you think it would be very cool?
It would depend on how the new graphics looked. If they don't blend in with the current graphics then they would have to redo all the current graphics which I feel would take a very long time.
I wouldn't mind some updated graphics as long as it doesn't make it look like a different game.

As almost everyone else have said already - Tibia wouldn't be Tibia in 3D. It's very true. Tibia is a "square based" 2D game, it's supposed to be played that way and experienced that way, not in 3D. 3D Tibia = Any other MMO you see today.

However I guess it would be possible to make a 3D game with the "free idea" of Tibia. What I mean is the freedom and possibility to actually affect the whole community as a group and/or sometimes as a singel individual, which is ALMOST exclusive to Tibia as far as I know. This "freedom" brings the thrill to Tibia, the thrill other MMO's often lack today. Tibia is probably the only, atleast one of the VERY few, where players group up and fight other groups with the purpose of actually gaining a sort of power over the community situated on the same server. Of course, this kind of freedom also results in a lot of griefing and overall foul play...but then again, that's Tibia, isn't it? x)

My point = Tibia as we know it is not 3D. But it would be possible to replicate the FEELING of the game if this kind of "freedom" is put into play in a usual 3D MMO.

As almost everyone else have said already - Tibia wouldn't be Tibia in 3D. It's very true. Tibia is a "square based" 2D game, it's supposed to be played that way and experienced that way, not in 3D. 3D Tibia = Any other MMO you see today.

However I guess it would be possible to make a 3D game with the "free idea" of Tibia. What I mean is the freedom and possibility to actually affect the whole community as a group and/or sometimes as a singel individual, which is ALMOST exclusive to Tibia as far as I know. This "freedom" brings the thrill to Tibia, the thrill other MMO's often lack today. Tibia is probably the only, atleast one of the VERY few, where players group up and fight other groups with the purpose of actually gaining a sort of power over the community situated on the same server. Of course, this kind of freedom also results in a lot of griefing and overall foul play...but then again, that's Tibia, isn't it? x)

My point = Tibia as we know it is not 3D. But it would be possible to replicate the FEELING of the game if this kind of "freedom" is put into play in a usual 3D MMO.

You have hit the nail on the head,

This is exactly what i mean i love tibia as it is. but the "freedom" in 3D and the ability to affect the community, i dont feel that any other MMO covers this aspect which is what i love the most about tibia.

Back