• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia on Steam Greenlight

that shows me they are really helpless... instead of improve and add new features.. they try to make more advertisement about the game? well... that's very sad imo^^

I think it's a good move and it will probably benefit the OT community in some way as well.
Think about it this way - Tibia gets more fans -> they find out about OTs -> potential new traffic for OTLand / OT community.

Imo they should have done this a long time ago.

and it will probably benefit the OT community in some way as well.
Think about it this way - Tibia gets more fans -> they find out about OTs -> potential new traffic for OTLand / OT community.

Haha, that's exactly how I feel about the issue.
So I'm all for it.

Red

New players will just notice the game is 99,9% botters. And if they even make it to main and maybe go for a pk 20 lvl 400's will come and wipe them out and they will leave for good.

Only valid comment is this is good news.. and it should have been sooner.

One thing I am scared of is... is my logged time on Tibia..

been playing since 2000.. inb4 over 30,000 hours played on Tibia... Probably not even kidding.

that shows me they are really helpless... instead of improve and add new features.. they try to make more advertisement about the game? well... that's very sad imo^^

How exactly does it show that they are helpless? They are doing it because it's quick, free advertisment. They're doing it while still creating new features, it doesn't take a design team to Greenlight a game, not to mention it also doesn't take a team to put a game on Greenlight.
I have no idea how you get this stupid, but shit bro, think before you post.

Because advertising the game (not really advertising it but whatever) is a bad thing, you know, let's not get more players just incase we start earning more money and need to hire more team members.

Also, putting the game on Greenlight takes no more than 20 mins and a fee.

Haha, that's exactly how I feel about the issue.
So I'm all for it.

Red

Actually it might mean the exact opposite. The fact that CipSoft is trying to get onto Steam shows where they are at on the new Tibia client.
In my belief, once the new Tibia client is available, the classic C++ client and the flash client will be discontinued.

Therefore, if logging into Tibia requires a steam account, then the VAC will be the dagger and ultimately end OpenTibia (except up to the point where the classic client is phased out).

Actually it might mean the exact opposite. The fact that CipSoft is trying to get onto Steam shows where they are at on the new Tibia client.
In my belief, once the new Tibia client is available, the classic C++ client and the flash client will be discontinued.

Therefore, if logging into Tibia requires a steam account, then the VAC will be the dagger and ultimately end OpenTibia (except up to the point where the classic client is phased out).

Good thing we have OTClient, eh? ;P

Yea, so basically we must be happy and worry in the same time :rolleyes:

It's not that easy to get VAC, you have to integrate it into the game & pay Valve on top of that from what I'm aware, something tells me CIP aren't about to go down the VAC route, I don't think it's an investment they'd see a return on but who knows.

They ain't gonna use VAC, don't even dream about it.

The only reason I'll upvote this is for the open-community. I think it's hilarious that Tibia has the balls to do this even though 90%+ of their 'dedicated' players use unofficial software to play.

>instead of improve and add new features
erm, excuse me, what have they been doing for the past few years?
Improving, and adding new features :O

Well opentibia wont die from discontinuing of flashclient and classic client. Just stick with old clients the we have and script some awesome shit :)

Well opentibia wont die from discontinuing of flashclient and classic client. Just stick with old clients the we have and script some awesome shit :)

Tibia flash client is the worst thing happening to Tibia since 1997.

Back