• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia on Steam Greenlight

I guess that they've been preparing to get on steam for a while now.

Dec 06 2013 - Promises of a new client

From that article - "The fight against cheating is still one of our highest priorities. Furthermore, we plan to work on a new client during the next year. There is not much we can tell you about this project right now, but we aim to unite the advantages of both existing clients. So be curious, we are as well."

The client will probably be remade so they can take advantage of all features of steam, and it's obvious that tibia is going be accepted on steam because tibia is a relatively big game compared to most games on steam, even if most of the players hate Cipsoft after all these years - there's far more hated game companies with their games on steam.

Mar 24 2014 - Raising the price of premium

I guess they highered the prices to deal with the cut that valve takes from the game being on steam?

I would imagine that a new world, a new client and release on steam at the same time would be great for tibia and it's playerbase. Just imagine a completely new world where noone is botting or has botted, it would make a lot of old players come back and with the steam release it would also attract a lot of new players. I also feel like this is the last chance for cipsoft to make their game big again - they've failed miserably with all their projects the last years. Just look at the flash client and fiction figthers, they've done so much work on both of those things and it hasn't been worth it at all.

But new bots will obviously come to the new client so I hope they can deal with bots better this time.

Last edited:
Good idea, i hate the flash client. All the stuff they added to it like multiple hotkey settings for different chars should of been added to classic client 10 year ago. So damn anoying!

VAC will dump on the cheaters if they decide to integrate that.

I would so love to start on a botfree new world!

Good idea, i hate the flash client. All the stuff they added to it like multiple hotkey settings for different chars should of been added to classic client 10 year ago. So damn anoying!

I'm curious to why people hate the flash client, even more curious whither you actually have solid reasons to back up why you hate it, it's clearly superior, that much is evident by how customizable it is.
The only reasons I could see people disliking it is its appearance, which is just subjective & a shitty reason not to use something that has better features.

Tibia flash client is the worst thing happening to Tibia since 1997.

They probably were too far in development of flash client when the world knew about html5 and the future of flash but flash client was a very very bad move from CIP, I hope they are atleast considering another client, html if they want to go full web based.

I'm curious to why people hate the flash client, even more curious whither you actually have solid reasons to back up why you hate it, it's clearly superior, that much is evident by how customizable it is.
The only reasons I could see people disliking it is its appearance, which is just subjective & a shitty reason not to use something that has better features.

Flash will be dead in a couple years.

:) Personally I feel like the flash client is kind of 'squishy' and uncomfortable. Simply doesn't feel good.

True story...
By the way, how does VAC work exactly?
That's how it works, by not announcing mechanics.
It detects memory manipulation and reading though.

Soooo, update - Tibia has been officially greenlighted on Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257622182

I guess they are going to go through with this after all, let's see in which direction this takes the game.
Good news, I actually hope we get botfree Tibia. That's what is stopping me from trying Cip Tibia again.

That's how it works, by not announcing mechanics.
It detects memory manipulation and reading though.

Good news, I actually hope we get botfree Tibia. That's what is stopping me from trying Cip Tibia again.

Indeed, but I'd never play on the bot destroyed servers they have now either.

Back