• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Single Player Experiment?

Kombosabo

Reaction score
What comes to your mind when I mention "Tibia Single Player"?

Just a quick idea that came on my mind but I thought I'd open a thread for discussion...

If there was ever an OT that was strictly aimed into a single player experience, what would you think it would be like and what are your thoughts about such idea?

Never ever would I play it. Tibia is mostly pvp oriented game for so many players and you can't pvp when you are alone.
But when I think how it would look I see some scripted bosses with different mechanics to overcome.

Tibia is designed to work with many many players. If you wish to make it single player, a lot of systems need to be reworked to make it a singleplayergame

I started building a single player rpg with OT as a base using sqlite many many years ago.
I think the idea has potential, Tibia has enough lore to expand on or work within. People who say otherwise are probably just thinking inside the "MMO Tibia" box.
Lots of MMO's have spawned from successful single player RPGs, so why not the other way around?

@mdwilliams It's the point I'm trying to make. I see a huge potential in the single player experience. Many great titles such as Dark Souls 3, The Witcher, Skyrim, demonstrate just that. If PvP was the main aspect of the game I think not many people would play Non-PvP servers.

@edit and to add, I believe the RPG and Exploration aspects of the game are what makes it shine. Imagine for example how boring the game would be if there were no quests and no creatures (you don't need quests and creatures for pvp for example) but they add a lot to the experience.

When I was younger, I built a sort of "RPG" map in SimOne's map editor (I found it when my brother downloaded it so I had no idea how OTS were working) with few locations, even written some quests on paper (At the time also I didn't know "how to code" so my ideas were dumb and mostly impossible to do) - Of course, almost everything was "heavily inspired" by Gothic and Might&Magic which I played a lot at the time.

Fast-Forward little over a decade and I still think that the idea of RPG built on Tibia engine is really interesting and full of potential. Moreover, nowadays we have many more possibilities and ways to do it thanks to TFS and other wonderful tools contributed by Open Tibia community.

I'd love to see roguelike-Tibia with randomly generated dungeons (within some rules ofc), where you have to roam using only stuff found on the way (potions, runes, ammo, eq etc.)

Just play on a RL Tibia server if you wanna play single player.. lol or one of the Many dead RL projects otlands has to offer

Ofcourse it would work. It's been done before with huge success. Ultima VII is pretty much Tibia but singleplayer/campaign.

What comes to your mind when I mention "Tibia Single Player"?

Just a quick idea that came on my mind but I thought I'd open a thread for discussion...

If there was ever an OT that was strictly aimed into a single player experience, what would you think it would be like and what are your thoughts about such idea?

It would be an RPG with Tibia graphics, interface, and combat. What is so strange about it, and why would it be so difficult to imagine? What is there to discuss? You can already make any story, any NPCs, any lore, any bosses, any progression type, whatever - you can craft it so its suitable for a solo experience and there it is.

Back