• Sign up for October Mapping Competition! The prize includes Otland Premium time.
  • There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TibiaAPI: Record, Redact, Extract, and Watch

OP
jo3bingham

jo3bingham

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
@jo3bingham Thank you I've been learning a lot by using your API. I've managed to record and watch real tibia/open tibia servers.
However I'm having an issue about not being to open .otbm map extracted from the Extract app. It successfully extracts with no errors in the console but when I try to open it in RME it crashes at loading metadata. I'm using house and spawn.xml attached to it as I should but it keeps crashing the same. It's the same for both real tibia and open tibia. Any idea why? RME asks me for client 10.77 files which doesn't make sense. I'm thinking everything is fine on your side and RME is the problem here.
When I get some free time I’ll look into it. It’s possibly an issue on my end, but I’ll try to find out for sure.

Chriistian.L.B

Solutions
Reaction score
When I get some free time I’ll look into it. It’s possibly an issue on my end, but I’ll try to find out for sure.

It generate a otbm file with version 10.77, but if import the map for the real version which was tracked works fine.

pyschod

Reaction score
It generate a otbm file with version 10.77, but if import the map for the real version which was tracked works fine.
Mhm... Can you explain the steps after generating the .otbm until you get it to work at RME? What I do is:
  • ctrlc ctrlv to another directory
  • Create -spawn and -houses .xml files with empty data and with the same name as the .otbm.
  • I open using RME, it asks for 10.77, I give outdated tibia 10 .dat and .spr and then it crashes loading metadata.

Is that how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something?
Post automatically merged:

Quick reply: I spent I few hours reading about the .otbm file structure and hardcoded the version 12.40 in the .otbm generated by the App. Worked like a charm. ;)

Last edited:

Nekiro

Legendary OT User
TFS Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Mhm... Can you explain the steps after generating the .otbm until you get it to work at RME? What I do is:
  • ctrlc ctrlv to another directory
  • Create -spawn and -houses .xml files with empty data and with the same name as the .otbm.
  • I open using RME, it asks for 10.77, I give outdated tibia 10 .dat and .spr and then it crashes loading metadata.

Is that how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something?
Post automatically merged:

Quick reply: I spent I few hours reading about the .otbm file structure and hardcoded the version 12.40 in the .otbm generated by the App. Worked like a charm. ;)
Or just click import map...