• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TibiaAPI: Record, Redact, Extract, and Watch

@jo3bingham Thank you I've been learning a lot by using your API. I've managed to record and watch real tibia/open tibia servers.
However I'm having an issue about not being to open .otbm map extracted from the Extract app. It successfully extracts with no errors in the console but when I try to open it in RME it crashes at loading metadata. I'm using house and spawn.xml attached to it as I should but it keeps crashing the same. It's the same for both real tibia and open tibia. Any idea why? RME asks me for client 10.77 files which doesn't make sense. I'm thinking everything is fine on your side and RME is the problem here.
When I get some free time I’ll look into it. It’s possibly an issue on my end, but I’ll try to find out for sure.

When I get some free time I’ll look into it. It’s possibly an issue on my end, but I’ll try to find out for sure.

It generate a otbm file with version 10.77, but if import the map for the real version which was tracked works fine.

It generate a otbm file with version 10.77, but if import the map for the real version which was tracked works fine.
Mhm... Can you explain the steps after generating the .otbm until you get it to work at RME? What I do is:
  • ctrlc ctrlv to another directory
  • Create -spawn and -houses .xml files with empty data and with the same name as the .otbm.
  • I open using RME, it asks for 10.77, I give outdated tibia 10 .dat and .spr and then it crashes loading metadata.

Is that how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something?
Post automatically merged:

Quick reply: I spent I few hours reading about the .otbm file structure and hardcoded the version 12.40 in the .otbm generated by the App. Worked like a charm. ;)

Last edited:
Mhm... Can you explain the steps after generating the .otbm until you get it to work at RME? What I do is:
  • ctrlc ctrlv to another directory
  • Create -spawn and -houses .xml files with empty data and with the same name as the .otbm.
  • I open using RME, it asks for 10.77, I give outdated tibia 10 .dat and .spr and then it crashes loading metadata.

Is that how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something?
Post automatically merged:

Quick reply: I spent I few hours reading about the .otbm file structure and hardcoded the version 12.40 in the .otbm generated by the App. Worked like a charm. ;)
Or just click import map...

For those waiting for an update to work with the 2020 Winter Update; I will get around to it when I have time. I'm quite busy IRL, so it may be some time. Also, this may or may not be the last time I update the API personally (due to my personal life). However, I will make an announcement when that time comes, and I will drop another "how-to" on the repo showing the process I take to understand new packets and changes to existing ones. I'll also review and merge any PRs to the repo for others that wish to keep it updated, or just want to contribute in general.

This project still working and/or anyone continued the project to work with current tibia for map tracking?

This project still working and/or anyone continued the project to work with current tibia for map tracking?
Unfortunately, my free time has been eaten up (the joys of getting older) and my interest as waned. I wish I could say I’d update it, but I said that 14 months ago and yet here we are.

I’ve been told that various people have forked the repo and kept it updated privately for themselves, which is a shame because I would happily review any PRs and merge them. Better yet, if some, or more than one, person would take it on I would add them to the repo so that they could push to the main branch. There was one public fork that had been updated, but I don’t quite remember the link, and I’m not even sure it’s up-to-date itself.

Unfortunately, my free time has been eaten up (the joys of getting older) and my interest as waned. I wish I could say I’d update it, but I said that 14 months ago and yet here we are.

I’ve been told that various people have forked the repo and kept it updated privately for themselves, which is a shame because I would happily review any PRs and merge them. Better yet, if some, or more than one, person would take it on I would add them to the repo so that they could push to the main branch. There was one public fork that had been updated, but I don’t quite remember the link, and I’m not even sure it’s up-to-date itself.

In previous updates I did it on my own, after being away for a while I found this repository that seems to be a little more updated:
TibiaAPI 12.80+

I was working on adding support to latest protocol version, but I got busy with other things, I'll try to finish it

In previous updates I did it on my own, after being away for a while I found this repository that seems to be a little more updated:
TibiaAPI 12.80+

I'll check this out, thanks man.

I was working on adding support to latest protocol version, but I got busy with other things, I'll try to finish it

This would be amazing, it'd be great to be able to have Tibia 12+ Maps available to all.

Couldn't agree more, unfortunately for each person that does this effort and don't share its more time wasted to all of us. The amount of duplication of efforts is this community is absurd.

The most up to date public repository is the one of Marcosvf GitHub - marcosvf132/TibiaAPI: An open-source, cross-platform proxy library written in C# for use with Open-Tibia. (https://github.com/marcosvf132/TibiaAPI)

He did it in a fork because he was not sure you were still in the community and also because he broke the compatibility to previous versions (it's explained in the readme).

TibiaAPI 12.80+
My fork was created and updated to track the changes on 12.72 and 12.81 for the OtServerBR/Canary. And my decision to make it a public fork like that was to do something to help out anyone from any OT base. But as i said on the fork readme, i have made some changes on the code that was not suitable for a PR like removing the multi-protocol.

That's my really small contribution that i can give to OT community regardeless my skills. The fork is there, if someone finds it interesting than can just take a look on it.

Also, thank you for the API jo3, awesome job!!

This would be amazing, it'd be great to be able to have Tibia 12+ Maps available to all.
We already have all Tibia 12+ maps available. Check in opentibiabr discord

The otbr community has been working endlessly to update tools and to enhance a working version of Tibia 12+, anyone else doing the same should join efforts instead of working apart in the exact same things...
We were updating the releases under an otland topic but mods were creating a lot of trouble to support editions of that topic plus the community negativism/toxicism forced us to move back to our central discord.

Last edited:
We already have all Tibia 12+ maps available. Check in opentibiabr discord Join the OTServ Brasil (OTBR) Discord Server! (https://discordapp.com/invite/q3e56R2)

The otbr community has been working endlessly to update tools and to enhance a working version of Tibia 12+, anyone else doing the same should join efforts instead of working apart in the exact same things...
We were updating the releases under an otland topic but mods were creating a lot of trouble to support editions of that topic plus the community negativism/toxicism forced us to move back to our central discord.

eu nao falo portugues 😫

Are there any links and/or can you direct me to where some of these maps and data can be found?

Thanks.

I don't see any channels, just the info and "regras" which I guess are instructioins on how to register or something. - Yes, in portuguese says to click the Tick emote on the infos page to gain access :D.

I still don't see a maps channel thought?

I need to stop asking stupid questions so quickly.

Unlike my irl friend, I never learned fluent portuguese from playing tibia :D

I pulled the OTServBR from github and the RME for 12+ but it's asking for my Tibia 11 Client, Which client should I be using for this?

If anyone's interested, I have updated my project that creates a list of all item names.

Big thanks to Marcosvf132 for updating the "base TibiaAPI stuff" to work with the latest Tibia client! I merged their changes into my fork. The README file contains instructions for running the GetItemNames project.

I've also attached the output for the latest client (12.87.12047) here, including articles (a/an/...). Each row is of the form

Code:
[clientId] article item_name

Attachments

My fork was created and updated to track the changes on 12.72 and 12.81 for the OtServerBR/Canary. And my decision to make it a public fork like that was to do something to help out anyone from any OT base. But as i said on the fork readme, i have made some changes on the code that was not suitable for a PR like removing the multi-protocol.

That's my really small contribution that i can give to OT community regardeless my skills. The fork is there, if someone finds it interesting than can just take a look on it.

Also, thank you for the API jo3, awesome job!!
Anything missing on this? I'd like to contribute aswell, maybe get it to be mergeable to jo3's repo

I'm facing difficulty understanding the Git wiki. I miss basic instructions. How do I make this proxy work and be able to enter the commands?

Back