• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Torment OTS 7.4 Modern-Retro OTS

Tormented

Reaction score
Torment 7.4
Is an upcoming server based on Tibia 7.4 Protocol and Game Rules.
The server started as an idea to a different approach. Being overwhelmed by Retro servers all using the same old map we decided that we want to bring something fresh to the table and to the players. That is why we decided to use an approach of using old Otland maps that were submitted by users publicly on forum. However to not step away from the original game too much we want to bring some of the old quests but in a fresh format.
You might encounter Quests such as:
◙ Banshee Quest
◙ Behemoth Quest
◙ Annihilator Quest
◙ Deeper Fibula Quest
◙ Black Knight Villa Quest
◙ Desert Dungeon Quest
and much more.

The idea is to use a custom map to bring back the thrill of discovery and Mystery giving the upper hand to those who explore and conquer the lands of Torment.
Every area is carefully inspected and given it's rating to many aspects such as:
Playability (Bugs and unwalkable areas)
Readability (Players Perception of how he can move around the space)
PvP (Escape Routes)
Dominating ability ( How defensive an area can get and protected from other players)
Mystery ( A puzzle if you'd like to unlock a part of map that might be harder to get to)

The Torment project has already a map of 30MB in size that is nearly half the size of RealTibia 7.1 Map

Thread will be updated daily but for now we do not wanna spoil too much we will post about features as we go.
Now we know how bland Tibia 7.4 can be that is why we are gonna "Modernize" the "Retro" while staying with the old graphical design that has it's own charm. To make the gameplay more interesting and more forward with time as there is much variety now and the thrill of looting basic items is gone. some of the features that you can expect are:
Rarity Items.
Crafting.
Alchemy.
Cooking.
Mining.
Woodwork.
Tasks.
Bosses.
Raids.
Advanced Fishing.
Rune Enchanting.
Custom quest lines and Npc's with history.
screenshotpromo (1).png
screenshotpromo (2).png
screenshotpromo (3).png
screenshotpromo (4).png
screenshotpromo (5).png

Currently our team consists only of 2 people.
I am using a help of one of Spriters while writing the functions and systems.
We are looking to expand our team so feel free to hit us a message if you're interested.

Early Access ( Alpha) For now the first date for those is unknown but we will keep the thread updated Weekly or Bi-Weekly with changlog.

I will also include a basic discord link for now for those that want to be entertained with updates there.
I have just created it so it might take time until its properly set.

Discord Torment74
Post automatically merged:

I think i reached screenshot limit here so here is the latest work of our spriter.
our bosses are gonna be based on basic 7.4 creatures having a little re-edits with maybe newer sprites too.

E1.png
troll.png

Last edited:
many such OTs lately, SOE, Elderan, tibia scape, etc. all using 7.4 with new mechanics like crafting
might be hard to find any playerbase since the three mentioned worlds are up and running

many such OTs lately, SOE, Elderan, tibia scape, etc. all using 7.4 with new mechanics like crafting
might be hard to find any playerbase since the three mentioned worlds are up and running
The server is nowhere near alpha test ready yet. I need to populate the map and write the rest of Npcs for mainland so far I have finished rookgaard. and moving onto main parts of mainland populating its npcs.
I believe there is plenty of players to go around and the best way to get them will be through advertising campaigns such as this thread building the hype and showing the development of areas/server.

thats a valid point, building some interest months before launch is surely worth it

but let me ask you then, for instance - what will make your Mining system any different from what other OTs offer? or you haven't thought that far yet

The server started as an idea to a different approach.
But what is this different approach when i read about mechanics that soe, elderan, tibiascape has.
If you want different approach then create server with custom map like you said, but focus more on things those server do not have.
I think i did not find any cool designed quests, mysteries. You can make a lot of quests that require using brain, making longer tasks to get hint as a reward to complete some quests or access. (maybe elderan has few quests that are like this but it's mostly only kill monster -> get reward). Problem with this is either you spend a lot of time doing them or need or hire somebody to make them

thats a valid point, building some interest months before launch is surely worth it

but let me ask you then, for instance - what will make your Mining system any different from what other OTs offer? or you haven't thought that far yet
I mean with tibia you are kind of limited when it comes to those systems. I believe we will start with a basic system I am not planning to use skills but rather luck based scenario when it comes to extracting ores. Those ores will then be directly used in crafting. After the server starts and makes some money we will work on a custom module to overhaul the mining system I already have an idea of what I want that to look like. But spoiling it now would only make every other server copy or implement the feature early.

But what is this different approach when i read about mechanics that soe, elderan, tibiascape has.
If you want different approach then create server with custom map like you said, but focus more on things those server do not have.
I think i did not find any cool designed quests, mysteries. You can make a lot of quests that require using brain, making longer tasks to get hint as a reward to complete some quests or access. (maybe elderan has few quests that are like this but it's mostly only kill monster -> get reward). Problem with this is either you spend a lot of time doing them or need or hire somebody to make them

Everything will take time and I will release more information with each content update that I do we will get there when we will get there.

Todays update: Goblin General

1706449535402.png

This one was simply a recolour will be used either as Boss or an npc its undecided yet.
Goblin Mage

1706450652685.png
Goblin Soldier:
1706450721609.png

Last edited:
Back