• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Torrents or Streaming?

Ceejzor

Murica Born N Raised!
Reaction score
Ok well obviously downloading from piratebay either movies,games, or even software is illegal.

On the other hand I have.. no lie atleast searched for a good ol 5-7 hour's on google if watching streamed movies is illegal.

Why so cautious? well recently I got my second strike, my ISP sent me a letter telling me one more strike and they will terminate my internet/phone/tv bundle deal they have with me.

Some of you will simply say why not just stop downloading idiot?!, well I'm badly hooked. Its worse then drug's.. But what I'm saying for example I know downloading is illegal but is watching streaming movies online illegal as well? or is it only illegal to upload them?

Btw I live in US if that matters, and most google answers I found were like 50/50 yes and no I know some people here have used both so just looking for opinions.

Yes ipredator would work fine.

While I still have you I was going through the rules or whatever you want to call it that we sign when we agree to use ISP.

Suddenlink DMCA
Procedure for Submitting a Copyright Infringement Claim - Illegal File Sharing (e.g., Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Communications):

Copyright owners may also notify Suddenlink Communications if they believe that a Suddenlink Communications customer has infringed the copyright owner's work(s) by way of sharing, downloading, or uploading copyright protected material with others even when that material is not stored on a Suddenlink server or hosted website. If you believe that a Suddenlink Communications' customer has shared, downloaded or uploaded material in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may also file a Notification of Claimed Infringement with Suddenlink Communications' designated DMCA agent listed above, preferably via e-mail, specifically noting that the alleged infringement pertains to P2P file transfer(s). Please understand that with respect to P2P file transfer(s), Suddenlink Communications has no technical ability or process for removing or disabling access to the alleged infringing material resident on a customer's computer as would be the case for Suddenlink-hosted materials.​

The part that confuses me is this.
"by way of sharing, downloading, or uploading copyright protected material with others even when that material is not stored on a Suddenlink server or hosted website."

So streaming a online movie from sites like "youtube, megavideo, stage6, video.google, veoh.com" would that still be illegal on my part or the site hosting it?

Also I read this.
" Streaming IS downloading, although it is not being saved to the computer, the video is downloading while it is being watched."

I respect all opinions.

Last edited:
Hah, in Egypt you can do w/e you want, you can even download from the internet either movies or games, and start selling them irl.
No one ever told me its illegal, I know most of people living in Egypt, (Like me) do it too.

Hah, in Egypt you can do w/e you want, you can even download from the internet either movies or games, and start selling them irl.
No one ever told me its illegal, I know most of people living in Egypt, (Like me) do it too.

You my friend got the good life :p

Why not do the right thing and contact your ISP? Ask them if streaming would be appropriate or not. That way, you would not have to worry about it.

Well, downloading itself is not illegal. It however depends on what you download. Why you are recieving warnings from your ISP is because you my friend are one of the few unlucky people out there. The ISP clearly just want to make an example out of you; and they do such by warning you and hoping that you will spread the "word" that downloading movies is bad.

However in the other hand, I myself am also an addicted downloader. I live by the policy: "If it was a good movie/game/program; Then i'll buy it". The worst thing you can go through is the feeling "Aff, wasted money", which is pretty much the company that released the product fault in the first place, because if they would have made a good review which was actually true I would know more about the product and then knowing if it was something I would watch/use. Well, i'm not going to start a whole thread about this, it's a discussion best saved for later.

However, I myself do not always download. You one site which is showing very good fortune. HD Movies & TV Shows Online Streaming - You can view movies of good quality online and at the cost of just a few points. If i'm not clearly out and fishing, I belive it's like 10dollars for 200points or anything like that. A new movie is 9points, then each year older it gets cheaper with 1point. Meaning at the current date movies from before 2000 are totally free to watch. AND! It's legal :) Use 10dollars to view 20movies, or pay 22dollars for 1movie DVD. One bad thing about the site is that you can't stop in the middle of it to then continue later. If you paid for the movie, then you gotta view it or keep the browser up untill you've watched it complete.

Sorry for the big tome I wrote, but i'm sure you find some of it helpful. If not; Go eat a cookie and see if I care ;D

Thank you for all your opinions.

I recently have started using piratecity.org so we will see how that goes, and again thanks for all your opinions.

Back