• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Track Item system? - Cykotitan? *-*

Dankoo

Reaction score
There's a server who uses an system to track certain items (to detect duping)

How can this be done? Like, assignin an "trackid" to the item...

Here's the list of their tracked items:
magic plate armor, golden legs, boots of haste, pair of soft boots, demon helmet, demonbone, magic sword, stonecutter axe, royal crossbow, hellforged axe, obsidian truncheon, emerald sword, robe of the underworld, fireborn giant armor, master archer's armor, demon legs, spellbook of dark mysteries, rainbow shield, addon doll, glacier robe, dragon robe, dar lord's cape, skullcracker armor, windborn colossus armor, earthborn titan armor, oceanborn leviathan armor, pair of wake boots, necromancer shield e nightmare shield

Any ideas how this can be done?

Last edited:
prevent duping?
in 0.3.6+ you can add attributes in lua, just setItem/attribute(uid, "tid", somethingunique)
and then if item is cloned then there would be 2 with same tid(but you still nee way of reading it from all items in serv fast way ;d)

And this attribute don't have to exist so I set it?

No source changes and stuff?

I'm using 0.4 (I was donator), is there a way to set an "tid" to specific items?

Btw, there's a way to read all items in the sv in a fast way:

SQL:
SELECT `player_id`,`pid`,`sid`,CONVERT(  `attributes` USING latin1 ) FROM  `player_items` WHERE CONVERT(  `attributes` USING latin1 ) LIKE '%tid%'

This code will return me all duplicated "tid", and give player's id

Does cloning still occur on newer 0.4 versions?

I can not find a non-messy way to solve this issue. The messy part is to make every item dropped unique, and make an alert pop up if that there exists more items of same unique id.

Just fix all copy items bug in any way ;P?

It's not that simple

If your server suffers DDoS and goes down = possible dupping, even cipsoft suffered heavily DDoS attacks (they didn't bring their servers down, but look at their computers and speed connections, eh?)

Znote, if there was a way to create a new item attribute, called "tid" (from "track id") and set that every item in array that drop from monster receive this "tid", it would be solved.

hard to do, but crucial for otservers, we suffer DDoS attacks almost exclusively to dupping

possible source edit, following this logic "when drop loot, if item is in array, set tid"

add iptables firewall by elf to make some gameport flooders give up :p

and yea you can set attributes with any name, it doesn't have to exist but it'll be saved
it would be even faster if you could edit sources to save the unique key to a new column, since it's probably faster than converting binary data to plaintext for each row

I'll get a dedicated sv tomorrow and I'll compile with Debian, I want to be safe about it, but you never know...

-- yeah I can edit sources, it would be nice if we could add something to the "drop loot function" like this:

when drop loot, check if itemid is in array, if true, then assign "trackid" to it

something like this, y'know?

Last edited:
I'll get a dedicated sv tomorrow and I'll compile with Debian, I want to be safe about it, but you never know...

-- yeah I can edit sources, it would be nice if we could add something to the "drop loot function" like this:

when drop loot, check if itemid is in array, if true, then assign "trackid" to it

something like this, y'know?

You only need to create the new attribute editing sources, assigning "trackid" to items can be done with an onDeath script.

Guys, I'm gonna sleep, I would really appreciate if someone could help on that one, I'm working real hard to make a great server, I plan to launch it tomorrow so it would be great if I could release it with this system already, this is also a nice release who would earn a lot of reps here in Otland

Thanks, good night!

Back