• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Track Item system? - Cykotitan? *-*

Dankoo

Reaction score
There's a server who uses an system to track certain items (to detect duping)

How can this be done? Like, assignin an "trackid" to the item...

Here's the list of their tracked items:
magic plate armor, golden legs, boots of haste, pair of soft boots, demon helmet, demonbone, magic sword, stonecutter axe, royal crossbow, hellforged axe, obsidian truncheon, emerald sword, robe of the underworld, fireborn giant armor, master archer's armor, demon legs, spellbook of dark mysteries, rainbow shield, addon doll, glacier robe, dragon robe, dar lord's cape, skullcracker armor, windborn colossus armor, earthborn titan armor, oceanborn leviathan armor, pair of wake boots, necromancer shield e nightmare shield

Any ideas how this can be done?

Last edited:
It's not that simple

If your server suffers DDoS and goes down = possible dupping, even cipsoft suffered heavily DDoS attacks (they didn't bring their servers down, but look at their computers and speed connections, eh?)

Znote, if there was a way to create a new item attribute, called "tid" (from "track id") and set that every item in array that drop from monster receive this "tid", it would be solved.

hard to do, but crucial for otservers, we suffer DDoS attacks almost exclusively to dupping

possible source edit, following this logic "when drop loot, if item is in array, set tid"

You cant compare CipSoft with OTs, talking about software/hardware.

Can DDoS shutdown your otserver actually? the distro itself i meant, never experimented such thing, if the server is still running but internet is lost there wont be dupe, iptables wont help if incoming is higher than your bandwidth.

The best solution is fix all possibles ways to dupe, and as last solution make a serializer/tracker wich you asking for. I suggest serialize in sources, save as normal save, and search on startup.

You cant compare CipSoft with OTs, talking about software/hardware.

Can DDoS shutdown your otserver actually? the distro itself i meant, never experimented such thing, if the server is still running but internet is lost there wont be dupe,
a strong enough tcp flood on gameport can crash easily, both windows and linux server

The best solution is fix all possibles ways to dupe, and as last solution make a serializer/tracker wich you asking for. I suggest serialize in sources, save as normal save, and search on startup.

That is the real solution but (at least i) the only way I know to clone is using asterisks (*) in the house commands, and that was in TFS 0.3.5 I think, not everyone knows the ways of cloning, whether they were reported ways to clone would be much easier (Sorry bad english, using google translator)

where can i find it ?
black market of PB
That is the real solution but (at least i) the only way I know to clone is using asterisks (*) in the house commands, and that was in TFS 0.3.5 I think, not everyone knows the ways of cloning, whether they were reported ways to clone would be much easier (Sorry bad english, using google translator)
0.3.6, fastest fix is to use house.* from 0.4

well, it's possible to dupe and that's a serious problem, 'cause ppl ddos servers to dupe, and this system prevents both duping and DDoS, and doesn't seems to be that hard for those who have deep knowledge in scripting

I did something, that sets trackid to items inside the corpse, and it saves the trackid and the item to a table in the database, i'm thinking to make it saves the last player who has the item (when player logout)

darkhaos, by using this SQL query you can get player id who is holding duplicated items (I think)

SQL:
SELECT `player_id`,`pid`,`sid`,CONVERT( `attributes` USING latin1 ) FROM `player_items` WHERE CONVERT( `attributes` USING latin1 ) LIKE '%trackid%'

Yes but that shows items that has the attribute "trackid", but how to get the trackid? i don't know how to manipulate attributes from database

lipek uses udp
no, tcp
and he & akues found way to bypass elf firewall now^_^:p
Yes but that shows items that has the attribute "trackid", but how to get the trackid? i don't know how to manipulate attributes from database
only attr names are returned with this query, their values aren't

Last edited:
Serious now Cyk, technicaly speaking, this is a hard script to do?

It's a very important release, that will desencourage DDoS attacks on many servers, you got the idea, would you try to make this?

Could be source edit or scripting

Back