• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Trying to map new project

Ah ty limos for the respons. Otherwise what do you think about the pictures?

Dragon lords (not finished)

Ty for the feedback ;) Here comes a new picture , entrance to a new city. (my life is mapping)

Awesome growth on the last picture, this time you made something actually playable! Its very rough yet , there is a lot of room for improvement but you are on the right path I believe.

EDIT: Posted at the same time, I meant the draggy pic.

About the desert one, these black pillars looks a bit out of place IMO, yuo should use sand details and it will look more realistic. I liked the border messing you did on the 1 tile road, its actually pretty nice and I might even use it myself!

Good job, you are improving ;)

In your city, always make buildings next to the road and not an extra road to the building. Don't use so many type of trees but only a few one (fir tree and beech most). Second pic: Try to not make things to big. The parts attached to the wall are flying and the ground onder the fences looks like its flying, you better put mountain wall borders under it without making it straight. But your nature is kinda good there except from the debris.

Try to make things smaller, when you want to make a big building, better use different floors.

If ground is different on some place there should be a reason for it, so you can't just random add different ground types. Best is to make everything snow and then think of places that could have different ground. For example: places where the snow is melting or places where the snow is moved because of people or monsters. With mountains its most important to make it look natural. Better to make the mountain as one piece and make different floors. Also try to make the shape not look round or square.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Well. You are getting better. That's for sure. Mabye it's not a master level yet, but nothing comes rapidly. Keep practice. Try to use many different ground items (sands for example), manipulate with the borders shapes more and try to maximize the level of map realism. Watch how other good mappers are doing constructions like this.

Really. Keep it up. You are going in right direction. Just need more experience :)

Looks like evo edited, its all very squared - the buildings/paths, ramdomize the grass,use some details and mix up some different floors with each other.

Back
Top Bottom