• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling [Tutorial] How to Compile TFS 0.2.8 Dead Bug, VERY DETAILED (pictures and text)

Did it help you?

• Yes

Votes: 63 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 41 39.4%

• Total voters
I have only 1 problem :

In the step 18, when I 18. Now add files, (all the *.h and *.cpp)

I search those files and I cant find them... look here is a photo...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Where I can dowload that source, sorry for revive the post. Thanks a loot

If you allready have TheForgottenDev-C++ 1.3 or newer and TortoiseSVN. Then skip step 1 - 7

1. I would recommend that you download and install TotoiseSVN so its easier to download the last TFS SVN here: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads
2. Follow the install steps
3. Get the newest svn from http://forgottenserver.svn.sf.net/svnroot/forgottenserver/ to do this create a folder named SVN on your desktop (Or another name of your choise and loctation) and open it, now right-click and click "TortoiseSVN Checkout"

ss1.png

4. Click ok and it will begin to download it will let you know when its done and it says the revision

ss43.png

5. Download TheForgottenDev-Cpp 1.3 from: http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=1024
6. extract it with winrar (or any other program that can handle rar archives) to C:\Dev-Cpp

ss2.png

7. Now go to that folder and open Dev-Cpp.exe

ss3.png

(if its your first run just follow the instructions)

8. Now the "New Project button"

ss4.png

9. Choose "Console Application", and name your project "TheForgottenServer" (Or another Name)

ss5.png

10. Save your project to the SVN folder, in the the folder containing all those *.cpp and *.h files

ss6.png

11. Remove "main.cpp", No need of this, as its only a template
12. Go to "Project->Project Options"
13. Now, press 1. "Win32 GUI", 2. "Support Windows XP Themes", 3. Press O.K. its important else you will get some funny errors :p

ss7.png

14. Redo step 12.
15. In the tabs, press "Paramenters"
16. In the "C++ Compilers" box, Enter:

Code:
-D__USE_MYSQL__
-D__USE_SQLITE__
-D__SERVER_PROTECTION__

ss8.png

17. In the "Linker" box, Enter:

Code:
-O1
-lboost_system
-lgmp
-lluasql-mysql
-lluasql-sqlite3
-llua5.1
-lmysql
-lregex
-lsqlite3
-lwsock32
-lxml2
-lmysql
-lws2_32
-s

ss9.png

18. Now add files, (all the *.h and *.cpp)

ss10.png

ss11.png

ss12.png

19. Now let's try compiling it, to see if everything is working. Go to "Execute" and press "Compile"

ss13.png

ss14.png

20. If you have compiled it without any warning or errors you are now Done! Congratulations

ss15.png

Tested working with:

Windows XP Professional
TortoiseSVN-1.4.5.10425-win32-svn-1.4.5
TheForgottenDev-Cpp
TheForgottenServer 0.2.8 Dead Bug sources REVISION 466

Click here if i helped you | Visit my MiniCity

I dont take any responsibility of errors, it worked for me, However you may ask for further
But if it helped rep me please, :)
Sorry for my good english ;) can't do anything for it :D

Credits:
Code:
The Forgotten Team (for making the TFS Server),
Bloodshed Software (For making Dev-C++),
Xexza (for giving me the idea of this tutorial),
Nikolas (for making the first tutorial, helped me most of all thank you very much),
CollabNet and Tigris (for making TortoiseSVN),
Microsoft (For making the WinXP),
CipSoft (for making tibia),
Santa Clause (For giving me presents, in 3 days)

Writing time: 2½ hour
Letters: un-countable

28 30 C:\Users\elia\Desktop\cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2\sources\otpch.h [Error] libxml/xmlmemory.h: No such file or directory pls help

If you allready have TheForgottenDev-C++ 1.3 or newer and TortoiseSVN. Then skip step 1 - 7

1. I would recommend that you download and install TotoiseSVN so its easier to download the last TFS SVN here: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads
2. Follow the install steps
3. Get the newest svn from http://forgottenserver.svn.sf.net/svnroot/forgottenserver/ to do this create a folder named SVN on your desktop (Or another name of your choise and loctation) and open it, now right-click and click "TortoiseSVN Checkout"

ss1.png

4. Click ok and it will begin to download it will let you know when its done and it says the revision

ss43.png

5. Download TheForgottenDev-Cpp 1.3 from: http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=1024
6. extract it with winrar (or any other program that can handle rar archives) to C:\Dev-Cpp

ss2.png

7. Now go to that folder and open Dev-Cpp.exe

ss3.png

(if its your first run just follow the instructions)

8. Now the "New Project button"

ss4.png

9. Choose "Console Application", and name your project "TheForgottenServer" (Or another Name)

ss5.png

10. Save your project to the SVN folder, in the the folder containing all those *.cpp and *.h files

ss6.png

11. Remove "main.cpp", No need of this, as its only a template
12. Go to "Project->Project Options"
13. Now, press 1. "Win32 GUI", 2. "Support Windows XP Themes", 3. Press O.K. its important else you will get some funny errors :p

ss7.png

14. Redo step 12.
15. In the tabs, press "Paramenters"
16. In the "C++ Compilers" box, Enter:

Code:
-D__USE_MYSQL__
-D__USE_SQLITE__
-D__SERVER_PROTECTION__

ss8.png

17. In the "Linker" box, Enter:

Code:
-O1
-lboost_system
-lgmp
-lluasql-mysql
-lluasql-sqlite3
-llua5.1
-lmysql
-lregex
-lsqlite3
-lwsock32
-lxml2
-lmysql
-lws2_32
-s

ss9.png

18. Now add files, (all the *.h and *.cpp)

ss10.png

ss11.png

ss12.png

19. Now let's try compiling it, to see if everything is working. Go to "Execute" and press "Compile"

ss13.png

ss14.png

20. If you have compiled it without any warning or errors you are now Done! Congratulations

ss15.png

Tested working with:

Windows XP Professional
TortoiseSVN-1.4.5.10425-win32-svn-1.4.5
TheForgottenDev-Cpp
TheForgottenServer 0.2.8 Dead Bug sources REVISION 466

Click here if i helped you | Visit my MiniCity

I dont take any responsibility of errors, it worked for me, However you may ask for further
But if it helped rep me please, :)
Sorry for my good english ;) can't do anything for it :D

Credits:
Code:
The Forgotten Team (for making the TFS Server),
Bloodshed Software (For making Dev-C++),
Xexza (for giving me the idea of this tutorial),
Nikolas (for making the first tutorial, helped me most of all thank you very much),
CollabNet and Tigris (for making TortoiseSVN),
Microsoft (For making the WinXP),
CipSoft (for making tibia),
Santa Clause (For giving me presents, in 3 days)

Writing time: 2½ hour
Letters: un-countable

C:\Users\elia\Desktop\cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2\sources\Makefile.win [Build Error] [databaseodbc.o] Error 1

Back