• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tutorial Running Cipsoft Server Files

Trying this on Centos 7.
I've got Query Manager and Login Server up.
LoginServer listening on TCP 7171, QM on TCP 7173, Game set to TCP 7172 through QM.
But when I run ./game
Code:
Starte Game-Server...
Pid 17380 - horche an Port 7172
LaunchServer: Fehler 99 bei bind.
error.log: LaunchServer: Fehler 99 bei bind.
Bind Error Again -> Begin FloodBind :(
Haven't seen this error elsewhere so thought I'd ask (question being: what's wrong?).
I know it says bind error, but I don't understand why.

Read the tutorial again. It's in there..
Search the main post for ".tibia"... CTRL+F to search...

Yeah but when i followed jopirop steps the gui dissapeared. All I have up now is the terminal directly when I turn on the os. And "startx" is not a solution here.

Yeah but when i followed jopirop steps the gui dissapeared. All I have up now is the terminal directly when I turn on the os. And "startx" is not a solution here.
What GUI? You mean the display server?
I'm not gonna help you out with that, but I repeat: the answer to the question of yours that I quoted is in the main post.
The other instructions are irrelevant to your question and they are in fact the only instructions capable of somehow "breaking your GUI", the step involved that answers your question is not capable of doing that, unless the instructions says "type abc into terminal" and you type "rm / -Rf && sudo reboot", which is not the instructions' fault :D

What GUI? You mean the display server?
I'm not gonna help you out with that, but I repeat: the answer to the question of yours that I quoted is in the main post.
The other instructions are irrelevant to your question and they are in fact the only instructions capable of somehow "breaking your GUI", the step involved that answers your question is not capable of doing that, unless the instructions says "type abc into terminal" and you type "rm / -Rf && sudo reboot", which is not the instructions' fault :D

I mean the whole centos grapchical user interface.

make this in terminal (as root) credit to @Jopirop
cd /lib/tls/
mv libc.so.6 libc.backup.so.6
mv libpthread.so.0 libpthread.backup.so.0

It dissapeared after doing this. But I guess thats not really a problem, since u run everything from terminal anyway.

Btw, should the loginserver be compiled and ran in centos or ubuntu? Im running it now i Ubuntu but doesn't seem to work.

There is a file (dont remember which)
which specifies locations of the servers folders and location of the .tibia. You just need to put it at the correct location. EDIIT: or edit the path.

@Tony32
I saw your claim to have run this server successfully on Centos 7 (nice btw).
If I may ask did you run the realots/modified binary or the vanilla binary, and if you tampered with libs in any way (disabling/renaming, downgrading or installing old libs, etc) 1. if you'd like to say: what libs did you tamper with, and 2. more importantly how did you decide which libs needed to be tampered with?

Btw I believe I tried to download the libs link you provided in the Vanilla thread but it's no longer working.

Last edited:
Now the gameserver can't find /game/dat.objects.srv.

Any idea? Made a copy of the game folder and moved to root. But doesn't seem to work.

Edited the paths in /root/.tibia

Now the server is running.

Last edited:
Now the gameserver can't find /game/dat.objects.srv.
Assuming 'dat.objects' was a typo:
Check the file permissions with ls -l.
If objects.srv is not owned by the user you're trying to execute with or it doesn't say "*r" at the very start of the line of the filename you're looking for where '*' is anything, most likely '-' or 'd', e.g. the two first characters should be 'dr' or '-r', then Google: [change] unix file permissions.

Assuming 'dat.objects' was a typo:
Check the file permissions with ls -l.
If objects.srv is not owned by the user you're trying to execute with or it doesn't say "*r" at the very start of the line of the filename you're looking for where '*' is anything, most likely '-' or 'd', e.g. the two first characters should be 'dr' or '-r', then Google: [change] unix file permissions.
Edited the paths in /root/.tibia

Now the server is running.

Thanks anyway :)

Can't connect to local MySQL server trough socket '' (111).

I get in the loginserver, the socket in config is empty. What should I edit there?

@Tony32
I saw your claim to have run this server successfully on Centos 7 (nice btw).
If I may ask did you run the realots/modified binary or the vanilla binary, and if you tampered with libs in any way (disabling/renaming, downgrading or installing old libs, etc) 1. if you'd like to say: what libs did you tamper with, and 2. more importantly how did you decide which libs needed to be tampered with?

Btw I believe I tried to download the libs link you provided in the Vanilla thread but it's no longer working.
I haven't checked if the BoneZ release of the binaries are the same as the ones I use, but I do know Im not using the vanilla binary. The vanilla binary is refering to the original name of the libs. I use the modified binary which uses the renamed libs "satanism" and all those. But the datapack itself is the virgin one, except from the binary (which has modified rates among some other things Im not sure of)
So TLDR
Virgin datapack but with modified binary (probably same as bonez) and the renamed libs just added to libs folder of CentOS 7. I did not tamper with any existing libs in default install of CentOs 7, just added the renamed ones Dennis used.
Hope it helps :)

I haven't checked if the BoneZ release of the binaries are the same as the ones I use, but I do know Im not using the vanilla binary. The vanilla binary is refering to the original name of the libs. I use the modified binary which uses the renamed libs "satanism" and all those.
Thanks #1
Virgin datapack but with modified binary (probably same as bonez) and the renamed libs just added to libs folder of CentOS 7. I did not tamper with any existing libs in default install of CentOs 7, just added the renamed ones Dennis used.
Hope it helps :)
Thanks #2/thanks for all the answers! :)

Maybe the Vanilla binary left unmodified can't be run on CentOS 7 with libs from standard CentOS repo then :/

And I don't only claim it, I have proved it :)
Well, the only proof I'm aware of, your screenshot, is proof only assuming the screenshot is authentic, and there's no evidence or compelling reason to believe it is.
I believe you, but it's not actually strong objective evidence, just strong enough to convince me and probably others that it's more likely than not to be true.

Got every server now up and running. I changed the ip's in the client as you told me, but I can't open the client afterwards.

Running CipSoft 7.7 files
tutorial on make leaked 7.7 files running

#1 First Steps
  1. First download VmWare workstation or virtual box and install.

2. Now download CentOS 3.1 here: http://archive.kernel.org/centos-vault/3.1/isos/ download 3 disks and install in VmWare, I will not go into details about the Linux installation, you yourself must learn.

3. Install VMware tools in CentOS or install one ftpserver, is recomended VMware tools (faster).

4. Download server files. Now unpack gameserver. Copy folder game to /home/, you cannot have permission to put directly to this folder, unpack in /home/yourusername, now use this command in terminal:su mv /home/yourusername/game /home and click enter, now your game folder is in /home.

5. One tip, if you are run ./game in user root type this in terminal: cp /home/game/.tibia /root. If you run in another user type this: cp /home/game/.tibia /home/yourusername/
#2 Database
  1. Now is necessary run another linux in another virtual machine, Ubuntu 14.04 recommended.

2. Copy and paste database otserv_schema_data.sql to /home/yourusername (you can make this because VmWare tools already installed in Ubuntu 14). After installing make this in terminal: sudo apt-get updated. After make this: sudo apt-get install g++ libmysqlclient-dev mysql-server

3. mysqlserver will question about pass of root user, choose one and install.

4. In terminal type this: mysql -u root -p and click enter, will be asked for your root password.

Code:
    CREATE USER 'otserv'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; (password can be Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL or another of your choise).
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'otserv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwordofyourchoise' WITH GRANT OPTION;
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
    USE otserv;
    source /home/yourusername/otserv_schema_data.sql;

5. Make this in terminal: nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf and edit this line: bind-address = 127.0.0.1 to bind-address = 0.0.0.0. Now the database is ok.
#3 Server
  1. Now copy querymanager folder to /home/yourusername, open Main.cpp in text editor.

2. Inside Main.cpp. If you created one password different you have to change password in all lines like this: Database db("localhost", "otserv", "Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL", "otserv"); from Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL to your password.

3. Inside Main.cpp. std::string q_world = "otserver" change to "RealOTS"

4. Inside Main.cpp. hton1(INADDR_LOOPBACK); change to inet_addr("yourmachineip"); this is used to connect querymanager to gameserver.

5. Now go in your CentOS and make this in terminal: ifconfig you can see your machine ip, get this ip.

Code:
    writeMsg.adByte(213);
    writeMsg.adByte(163);
    writeMsg.adByte(67);
    writeMsg.adByte(173);

6. Put your ip in order, example your ip is 192.168.20.10

Code:
    change
    writeMsg.adByte(192);
    writeMsg.adByte(168);
    writeMsg.adByte(20);
    writeMsg.adByte(10);

7. This will determine which gameserver ip will listen. Save this and close.

8. in your terminal make this: cd /home/yourusername/querymanager And make this: make Wait to compile new querymanager, after it ends type this: ./querymanager now your querymanager is ok and listening in your machine ip and por 17778.

9. Go to CentOS machine and make this: nano /root/.tibia if you using root user, or nano /home/youusername/.tibia

10. Change 127.0.0.1 to your Ubuntu ip where is it querymanager running:

QueryManager = {("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`")}

11. CTRL + o to save and CTRL + x to close.

12. Type this in terminal (as root): cd /lib/tls/ then mv libc.so.6 libc.backup.so.6 and mv libpthread.so.0 libpthread.backup.so.0

13. Yet in terminal: cd /home/game/bin and ./game. Wait it connect to querymanager, if it was successfull you can see gameserver loading map files and monsters. Ok server online.
4# Login Server
  1. Download realotserloginserver posted by @Yamaken, and compile (I will not teach this), after compiled edit config.lua, save and close:

Code:
    ip = "yourloginservermachineip"
    clientVersionMin = 770
    clientVersionMax = 770
    clientVersionStr = "7.70"

mysqlhost = "ipofyourmysqlserver"
    mysqluser = "otserv"
    mysqlpass = "Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL" (or you have chosen)
    mysqldatabase = "otserv"

2. Edit gameservers.xml, to <server id="0" name="RealOTS" ip="yourgameserverip" port="7172" />, save and close, now run loginserver.
#5 Client
  1. Open client 7.70 in xvi32 and edit ips in tibia.exe, tutorial here, do NOT change RSA key. DON'T USE IPCHANGER, ITS CHANGE RSA KEYS.

2. Now choose one account in database to login, enter and play.
Credits

I only see the character list, I can't enter game? I inserted the loginserver ip in tibia.exe. Is the loginservers ip ur going to insert or the gameservers ip?

When I try to enter game it accountnumber or password is not correct? Why do I even come to character list then? And in game.log. Falsches pawort fr spieler Czarek; Login von 192.168.146.1

And this in querymanager?

Received playerLogin packet (0x14)
accountNumber: 148251
charName : Czarek
charPass : newserver123
charIP : 192.168.146.1
:: Authenticating against database
:: LOGIN FAILURE 6 for 0
Wrote 4 bytes to socket.

Last edited:
Edit: OTClient doesn't seem to work with this :(

But eh... nvm, I've got Vanilla binary running on CentOS 7 :D:D:D
gjQoGgT.jpg

Been looking for this since 12 years ago, about a year after I started playing Tibia. I actually paid some guy $10 to do the research for me since back then I had been on the Internet maybe 3 times and hadn't even heard of a search engine before...
In fact I had so little Internet access I broke into my school at evening time after closing to play Tibia and surf the web.

Thank you so much @lordkill for the tutorial, @BoneZ for releasing the first CIP distro here which I think pushed Toor in some way to release Vanilla (I supposed I should thank @Toor too - thanks), @Yamaken for the login server, @Diath for his post explaining a little about the libs, and @Tony32 for entertaining my questions when I was frustrated and losing hope.

I'll be hosting this publicly for testing/fun purposes soon.

Last edited:
Edit: OTClient doesn't seem to work with this :(

But eh... nvm, I've got Vanilla binary running on CentOS 7 :D:D:D
gjQoGgT.jpg

Been looking for this since 12 years ago, about a year after I started playing Tibia. I actually paid some guy $10 to do the research for me since back then I had been on the Internet maybe 3 times and hadn't even heard of a search engine before...
In fact I had so little Internet access I broke into my school at evening time after closing to play Tibia and surf the web.

Thank you so much @lordkill for the tutorial, @BoneZ for releasing the first CIP distro here which I think pushed Toor in some way to release Vanilla (I supposed I should thank @Toor too - thanks), @Yamaken for the login server, @Diath for his post explaining a little about the libs, and @Tony32 for entertaining my questions when I was frustrated and losing hope.

I'll be hosting this publicly for testing/fun purposes soon.
Gratz! Have fun! :)

Back