• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tutorial Running Cipsoft Server Files

This issue has been resolved with the help of @downloadnow. I tried running a 32bit application on a 64bit system. Installing a 32bit compatabilitypack for ubuntu 14.04 resolved this issue.

Okay, I'm stuck.
I'm able to get the querymanager sorted, I am able to compile the login server, placed all the files in the correct destination and database is set up. But for some idiotic reason I just can't get the "game" to run.

Code:
root@vps-285166-5477:~# cd /home/game/bin
root@vps-285166-5477:/home/game/bin# ./game
-bash: ./game: No such file or directory
root@vps-285166-5477:/home/game/bin# sudo ./game
sudo: unable to execute ./game: No such file or directory
root@vps-285166-5477:/home/game/bin# sudo game
sudo: game: command not found
root@vps-285166-5477:/home/game/bin# sudo ./game
sudo: unable to execute ./game: No such file or directory
root@vps-285166-5477:/home/game/bin#

I've tried to set permissions to both 755 and 777, but to no avail.
All help is appreciated.

Yours,

Kjeld

Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to set this thing up. I'm stuck at, https://i.gyazo.com/ed6e696224bcda4207166af3e938f196.png

I do ifconfig on my centos and i know the ip. Now what do i open next to see the code bellow? It must be inside a file, but which file?

Code:
writeMsg.adByte(213);
writeMsg.adByte(163);
writeMsg.adByte(67);
writeMsg.adByte(173);

Found, it was inside the main.cpp in querymanager

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm trying to set this thing up. I'm stuck at, https://i.gyazo.com/ed6e696224bcda4207166af3e938f196.png

I do ifconfig on my centos and i know the ip. Now what do i open next to see the code bellow? It must be inside a file, but which file?

Code:
writeMsg.adByte(213);
writeMsg.adByte(163);
writeMsg.adByte(67);
writeMsg.adByte(173);

Found, it was inside the main.cpp in querymanager

Just add bytes to the stream using inet_addr("IP Address here")

hello, could a new tutorial be made so that it is more complete, covering people who are not so specialized in programming?
Still, if possible, put along the downloads, images ...

hello, could a new tutorial be made so that it is more complete, covering people who are not so specialized in programming?
Still, if possible, put along the downloads, images ...
Hey, I got it to work in about 2 or 3 hours from my initial setup - and I got every single error possible. All the answers you need can be actually easily found with a search on the RealOts thread. If you have trouble setting up a virtual machine or running a certain Linux command, Google is your friend! It's pretty straight forward and you mostly have to click "next".
As long as you are not planning running the server public, and just for the sake of nostalgia like I did, follow every instruction on the thread and you will get it to work. If you get stuck to an error not found on the thread, just ask and maybe someone will be able to help.

Most of my issues were my own fault for not paying enough attention to the tutorial. Following it 100% will work, if you try a different distro as many did in the original thread, you will get stuck if you don't know what you are doing.

I got more trouble trying to load the sql schema to my MYSql server than running the files actually (for some reason it got corrupted every single time, but that is probably my fault) - had to do it from a PHPMyadmin installed on an third machine running Windows . lol

I've been at this for many hours now. Seems I got every possible error and managed to find a solution in the forum. Now I have all servers up and running. However, the character list loads, but then it just waits to connect to game world forever. And I'm not seeing any activity in the querymanager when I try to log in.

I know this issue has come up before and that the solution is supposedly to put the dennis libs in /lib and use game file with modified binaries. I've done that and it's still not working. Has anyone had this issue and solved it in another way? I would really appreciate any help at all. Thanks!

There is a file (dont remember which)
which specifies locations of the servers folders and location of the .tibia. You just need to put it at the correct location. EDIIT: or edit the path.

Sorry for being some years late on this topic but does anyone knows which file Tony32 is referring to? Or would you, by any chance still remember about it @Tony32? I've browsed throught the files but couldn't find it :(
Or as Tony also suggested, how or where could I edit the path? (sorry im not very familiar with those kind of stuff in linux)

Im asking because I have copies of .tibia file with full permissions ( -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 607 Jan 21 22:19 .tibia* ) at:
/home/myuser
/root
/home
/home/game
/home/game/bin

but im still getting this error when im running ./game :
Bash:
Tibia Game-Server
(c) by CIP Productions, 2003.

FileExists: Unerwarteter Fehlercode 75.
Initialisierungsfehler: cannot find config-file

It worth pointing out that i am trying to run this under windows WSL ubuntu (as root user), and i've read that this WSL is not a "real" linux, because it doesnt use linux kernel(?), so maybe thats why the directories path references might be messed up? (i have no idea about that assumption though, just a random thought)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry for being some years late on this topic but does anyone knows which file Tony32 is referring to? Or would you, by any chance still remember about it @Tony32? I've browsed throught the files but couldn't find it :(
Or as Tony also suggested, how or where could I edit the path? (sorry im not very familiar with those kind of stuff in linux)

Im asking because I have copies of .tibia file with full permissions ( -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 607 Jan 21 22:19 .tibia* ) at:
/home/myuser
/root
/home
/home/game
/home/game/bin

but im still getting this error when im running ./game :
Bash:
Tibia Game-Server
(c) by CIP Productions, 2003.

FileExists: Unerwarteter Fehlercode 75.
Initialisierungsfehler: cannot find config-file

It worth pointing out that i am trying to run this under windows WSL ubuntu (as root user), and i've read that this WSL is not a "real" linux, because it doesnt use linux kernel(?), so maybe thats why the directories path references might be messed up? (i have no idea about that assumption though, just a random thought)

Thanks!

I have .tibia in /root (only) and the game file in the same location as you /home/game/bin. That works for me. However, I had to edit the file paths in .tibia to be /home/game/bin etc, as opposed to /game/bin

Also I have to run it as root. If I don't, I get that an error saying it can't find the config file.

I have .tibia in /root (only) and the game file in the same location as you /home/game/bin. That works for me. However, I had to edit the file paths in .tibia to be /home/game/bin etc, as opposed to /game/bin

Also I have to run it as root. If I don't, I get that an error saying it can't find the config file.
Hey first of all thanks for the reply! ye I also edited the paths like you did in the .tibia file, but my problem is that the game isnt even managing to find the .tibia file (which is the config-file) no matter what, and Tony32 suggested that there is another file (not .tibia) that you can reference the path for .tibia file to be found when you run ./game, but I have searched and found no clue at all.

I've been at this for many hours now. Seems I got every possible error and managed to find a solution in the forum. Now I have all servers up and running. However, the character list loads, but then it just waits to connect to game world forever. And I'm not seeing any activity in the querymanager when I try to log in.

I know this issue has come up before and that the solution is supposedly to put the dennis libs in /lib and use game file with modified binaries. I've done that and it's still not working. Has anyone had this issue and solved it in another way? I would really appreciate any help at all. Thanks!
May I mention that following the OP tutorial I've also stumbled at a similar problem that you're facing.
If your querymanager isnt reacting to the connection attempts to the game with the tibia client at all, maybe you have a problem with your VM network settings.
You can test that using the command 'ping' at the terminal of any other machine/VM that isnt the one running your gameserver, like this:
'ping yourVMip' (for example, in my case here I used: ping 192.168.1.13), and you should get some response like that:
Bash:
root@pc-do-b:/home/game/bin# ping 192.168.1.13
PING 192.168.1.13 (192.168.1.13) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.1.13: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.661 ms <-
64 bytes from 192.168.1.13: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.454 ms <- if you dont get those, it means that you arent being able to connect to the VM
64 bytes from 192.168.1.13: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.473 ms <-
So if that is the case, you should check your VM network settings. I won't be able to exactly tell you the name, but you must choose the option "Bridge mode", or something like that, and then you go to your VM terminal and use the command ifconfig. If your IP have changed the you replace them at the due locations according to the OP tutorial and try running everything again.

I might also add that after doing this and finally getting the loginserver to comunicate with the querymanager, I've got stuck with the 'Your account number or password is not correct" at the tibia client, and with this messages at the querymanager:
Bash:
Received playerLogin packet (0x14)
accountNumber: 856373
charName     : Godban
charPass     : zolo1939
charIP       : 192.168.1.2
:: Authenticating against database
:: LOGIN FAILURE 6 for 0
Wrote 4 bytes to socket.

I assume it is a database issue, but havent found the solution yet. Just in case you eventually get the same problem we may work togheter to find a solution :p
Btw sorry for the long ass post, but I hope I've been clear enough and it can help you anyhow @al222 , or anyone else :)

Last edited:
It worth pointing out that i am trying to run this under windows WSL ubuntu (as root user)
Funny enough, I tried running the server using WSL earlier this year and I got the same issue. There is something with running it in WSL that makes the server not able to read and find files correctly. I made a C program that used the exact same code and the exact same file path and the same way of loading the file as the gameserver does. Worked in mine, but not in the server.
I only had this issue using WSL and I couldnt fix it.
Running a "normal" VM in virtualbox/vmware or whatever works.

Funny enough, I tried running the server using WSL earlier this year and I got the same issue. There is something with running it in WSL that makes the server not able to read and find files correctly. I made a C program that used the exact same code and the exact same file path and the same way of loading the file as the gameserver does. Worked in mine, but not in the server.
Haha what a coincidence, great to hear that it wasnt just here. THANKS for this reply!
I was going to try with WSL 2, but i couldnt update my windows to the required build to run it, so I will try to run everything with a Ubuntu in a VM.
And thanks again man! Really apreciate it your response after all those years! 😁

@xzbit
Config file has to be in your user directory, all the paths within it can be edited but they are also relative to user. That could be changed only in game binary.

Haha what a coincidence, great to hear that it wasnt just here. THANKS for this reply!
I was going to try with WSL 2, but i couldnt update my windows to the required build to run it, so I will try to run everything with a Ubuntu in a VM.
And thanks again man! Really apreciate it your response after all those years! 😁
Glad to help! Hope you get it up and running smoothly!

@xzbit
Config file has to be in your user directory, all the paths within it can be edited but they are also relative to user. That could be changed only in game binary.
Hey thanks for the reply.
Hmm ok, but even so, trying to run it under my regular user, with .tibia file in /home/usr/ and with root user with .tibia file in /root, I got the same problem (cannot find config-file). I've thought about the possibility of changing that in the game binary and even sniffed it with IDA Hex and found something mentioning PATH, but I couldnt understand what should I do with it, or if it had any relation with what I was looking for, but as you stated it now makes sense (even tough I would still dont know how to proper edit it :p).
But as I've mentioned before, I was trying to run it under WSL ubuntu in windows, and as Tony32 replyed me it seems WSL is having a particular issue with the gameserver file which it doesnt manage to find the config-file no matter what. (let me quote his reply so you can see what he did):
So I will just give up WSL and run everything through an ubuntu in a VM. But thanks for your explanation!

Hey first of all thanks for the reply! ye I also edited the paths like you did in the .tibia file, but my problem is that the game isnt even managing to find the .tibia file (which is the config-file) no matter what, and Tony32 suggested that there is another file (not .tibia) that you can reference the path for .tibia file to be found when you run ./game, but I have searched and found no clue at all.

You're welcome! Too bad it didn't help :p

May I mention that following the OP tutorial I've also stumbled at a similar problem that you're facing.
If your querymanager isnt reacting to the connection attempts to the game with the tibia client at all, maybe you have a problem with your VM network settings.
You can test that using the command 'ping' at the terminal of any other machine/VM that isnt the one running your gameserver, like this:
'ping yourVMip' (for example, in my case here I used: ping 192.168.1.13), and you should get some response like that:
Bash:
root@pc-do-b:/home/game/bin# ping 192.168.1.13
PING 192.168.1.13 (192.168.1.13) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.1.13: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.661 ms <-
64 bytes from 192.168.1.13: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.454 ms <- if you dont get those, it means that you arent being able to connect to the VM
64 bytes from 192.168.1.13: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.473 ms <-
So if that is the case, you should check your VM network settings. I won't be able to exactly tell you the name, but you must choose the option "Bridge mode", or something like that, and then you go to your VM terminal and use the command ifconfig. If your IP have changed the you replace them at the due locations according to the OP tutorial and try running everything again.

Thanks for the tip. I am getting pings through, so I don't think it's a network thing. Even turned firewall off, so I don't think it should be a closed port. And besides, the character list loads, so clearly there is some contact.

I might also add that after doing this and finally getting the loginserver to comunicate with the querymanager, I've got stuck with the 'Your account number or password is not correct" at the tibia client, and with this messages at the querymanager:
Bash:
Received playerLogin packet (0x14)
accountNumber: 856373
charName     : Godban
charPass     : zolo1939
charIP       : 192.168.1.2
:: Authenticating against database
:: LOGIN FAILURE 6 for 0
Wrote 4 bytes to socket.

I assume it is a database issue, but havent found the solution yet. Just in case you eventually get the same problem we may work togheter to find a solution :p
Btw sorry for the long ass post, but I hope I've been clear enough and it can help you anyhow @al222 , or anyone else :)

At one point I did get the that same message. Then I changed something, don't remember what, and now I'm stuck with no response 😓. I think I changed something with the libs. Can you tell me the file names you have in /lib and/lib/tls?

Thanks for the tip. I am getting pings through, so I don't think it's a network thing. Even turned firewall off, so I don't think it should be a closed port. And besides, the character list loads, so clearly there is some contact.
Np man! Hmmm ok. Correct me if im wrong, but as far as im concerned, character list loads only means that your loginserver has a proper connection to the database. Or I am messing up things there?
Because if I only run the loginserver and nothing else (not running the query nor the gameserver), I also get the character list load at the tibia client (with a "connection refused" shortly after, if I try to proceed entering the game, on that particular case).
Even though you "passed" the ping test, I wouldnt assume you have successfully connected your loginserver to the querymanager if your querymanager doesnt respont at all when you try to enter the game. Just my 2 cents on that matter though hehe.

At one point I did get the that same message. Then I changed something, don't remember what, and now I'm stuck with no response 😓. I think I changed something with the libs. Can you tell me the file names you have in /lib and/lib/tls?
I assume that this is the closest you ever got into the whole situation, which is, as I mentioned before the same issue im facing right now 😅.
But here you are my libs (ps: im currently running gameserver (game file with hexedited with dennis-libs [satanism trololo etc..]) with a Centos7 VM with the dennis-libs added to /lib)
minhas libs centos7.PNG

Back