• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

unable to create item with invalid id 0 after create new .spr+dat+otb

lexus21

Reaction score
Hi,
I have TFS 1.4.2 and otclienv8
I created new spr for 10.98, added 1 ground with id 100 and 1 outfit - for test.
I generated new otb file with itemeditor 5.1.
I make simple 3x3 map.
After this when i start server i have error in client
ProtocolGame parse message exception (635 bytes unread, last opcode is 120, prev opcode is 121): unable to create item with invalid id 0

And i have stats like " -1 health / -1 mana / experience -1 / cap -1 / etc.

after use spell stats back to normal

i tried turn off
<event type="extendedopcode" name="ExtendedOpcode" script="extendedopcode.lua" />
but in client i get error

ERROR: invalid effect id 30987
C++ stack traceback:
[C++]: ProtocolGame::parseMagicEffect
Post automatically merged:

what do i need after creating .spr, .dat, and otb., something with opcodes?

Ok , i found something - i turned off offlinetrainig in creaturescript and now its ok, bu t why this give that error

Last edited:
Same issue, tfs 1.4.1, tore everything out and worked from a new base spr/dat and did not have a problem with any of this when I was running tfs 1.2.

After updating the source to 1.4.1 I starting seeing this.

I can confirm that I have seen the same -1 skills and no health.mana bar reads in client.

Thing is, any combat action like gaining exp or attacking or casting a spell updates this.

Anyone know how to get this error to stop messing up login data?

Still at the same issue, anyone know about this?

ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (7718 bytes, 5776 unread, last opcode is 0x78 (120), prev opcode is 0x79 (121)): unable to create item with invalid id 0
Packet has been saved to packet.log, you can use it to find what was wrong. (Protocol: 1098)
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (7699 bytes, 5723 unread, last opcode is 0x78 (120), prev opcode is 0x79 (121)): unable to create item with invalid id 0
Packet has been saved to packet.log, you can use it to find what was wrong. (Protocol: 1098)
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (7665 bytes, 5723 unread, last opcode is 0x78 (120), prev opcode is 0x79 (121)): unable to create item with invalid id 0
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (7665 bytes, 5723 unread, last opcode is 0x78 (120), prev opcode is 0x79 (121)): unable to create item with invalid id 0

OOf, I have tried everything I can think of. Messed about a lot in the source and server files.

I cant place if it is client or source or just scripting. I have nothing enabled even trying to give a player an item when they log in.
I tried to find opcode lists and nothing really formally listed.

BACK IN MY DAYYYY - lol , we didn't use tricky shit like this rofl.

So what you are trying to do is create new sprite file for 1098 client in Object Builder, you added 1 sprite and 1 outfit, correct?
  • Can't you just take an already 10.98 sprite file and just flush it and add your new sprites if that works 🤣

No sir, I have added hundreds of outfits and thousands of sprites. They are all custom and not tibia related at all. Everything is working fine however when the player first connects they are getting a console error on otclient.

This error is causing the player data to not load at login fully and not populating data to the client for skills, health, mana, exp and ml.

The error says failed to create an item, though there is none being created on log in. I am having some trouble with this for sure lol.

I removed every item from the market, so there is nothing with extended data any longer in an attempt to sort out one of the possible issues. This did not resolve it.

I have tried 3 versions of OTclients and I see the error persist in them all. otc8, retribution and the main branch.

If I remember correctly, I managed to fix it. I created these files from scratch (.spr+dat+otb), but I had to add sprites that are "hardcoded" in otclient and tfs.
For example, a mailbox, letters, parcels, money, depot, depot inside (mailbox, etc.) and many more.

If you want, I'll look for it somewhere, I have a new .spr+dat+otb but in 64x64 for 10.98 - (I don't promise I'll find it). These files contain sprites so that the client does not throw an error. I should have tools for 64px somewhere.
Write a private message if you want. I also know how to convert otclient to 64px. I figured it out.

Here - in this file you can find the sprites that will be required to ensure that the client does not throw errors.
First, look through this file with the original spr file.

Last edited:
Thanks, i'll have a look. So this has to do with people having depot boxes and such even if they are not trying to access them. Eg since I have not made those resources yet into the game.

Well this is a great lead, thank you.

Somewhere in here ill need to edit this up, Yeah - makes sense. Like you I think I would have gotten to that, I am not yet to building currency systems and storage. Just working on art and items at the time. Thanks again!

ITEM_BAG = 1987,
ITEM_SHOPPING_BAG = 23782,

ITEM_GOLD_COIN = 2148,
ITEM_PLATINUM_COIN = 2152,
ITEM_CRYSTAL_COIN = 2160,
ITEM_STORE_COIN = 24774, // in-game store currency

ITEM_DEPOT = 2594,
ITEM_LOCKER = 2589,
ITEM_INBOX = 14404,
ITEM_MARKET = 14405,
ITEM_STORE_INBOX = 26052,

// move to separate enum class?