• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows (Uniserver, TFS) Trouble setting up Modern AAC

Sho Ke

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was following Znote's guide, http://otland.net/f479/nothing-fully-working-secured-ot-server-uniform-server-forgotten-server-0-3-6-a-77593/ , and everything working okay, until I got to installing Modern AAC, leading me to his other tutorial, http://otland.net/f479/website-installing-modern-aac-uniform-server-91951/.

In the second guide, he mentions if you get the following message in your Server Status log:
Code:
Apache port              = 80 Is free to use
Apache SSL port          = 443 Is free to use
MySQL port               = 3306 In use by another program.
Then you should find and close a program called mysqld-opt.exe so that in Server Status it now says:
Code:
Apache port              = 80 Is free to use
Apache SSL port          = 443 Is free to use
MySQL port               = 3306 Is free to use

My problem is that after uncommenting the line php_pdo_mysql.dll in php.ini, saving, and stopping Uniserver, my Server Status says the following:
Code:
Apache port              = 80 In use by another program.
Apache SSL port          = 443 In use by another program.
MySQL port               = 3306 In use by this server

After ending mysqld-opt.exe and stopping uniserver again, MySQL port status changes from "In use by this server" to "Undefined!"
Screenshot of tasks/server status:
jtl8xs.png

I've tried:
Stopping/starting Uniserver a few times
Stopping each service individually
Stopping Uniserver and restarting the computer
Tried all of the above with/without TFS running(initially tried it without TFS running)

Has anyone encountered this before? How could I fix this?

Thanks in advance!
-Sho Ke

I'm having the same problem, cookies will be had for whoever helps! :(

Edit:

Seems like my Apache SSL Port was being used by Skype; When I logged off skype the status of the SSL Port changed to free to use. Apache Port still in use by another program though :/

Last edited:
I figured it out YAY! ..At least if the service holding your port was World Wide Web publishing service :rolleyes:

Anyways, after stopping this service the port 80 was freed for me.

I did it by clicking the start(bottom-left of your screen), type in services in the Search box, and then click on Services under Programs.
Locate and then double-click World Wide Web Publishing Service in the list of services.
On the General tab, click Stop under Service status.
In the Startup type list, click Disabled, and then click OK.

I hope it works for you too, this crap really got me frustrated lol <_<

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

I didn't have Skype installed(or even downloaded for that matter) on my computer hosting the OT, nor could I find a WWW Publishing Service(The computer is running XP, so finding Services was a bit different, if at all it was the same program win7 has).

netstat -a -b shows the mysqd-opt.exe using port 3306, but mentions nothing about 80 or 443. Odd..

Any suggestions?

Back