• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unsigned short int (Position) converted to signed(?) on Mac

al222

Reaction score
I'm trying to run the Nostalrius distro on a Mac and would like to avoid using a VM.
I've compiled it using the TFS instructions and it seems to run fine. But when I go to certain areas, the client freezes to a halt and I can't move.

After troubleshooting I realised that the freezing occurs whenever I get to an x coordinate larger than 32 757. I'm guessing that the client "sees" 10 more tiles beyond the player position, which puts the largest value it sees at 32 767, which is the max value of a short unsigned int. Since unsigned short ints are used to store the position, my guess is that it's being converted to a signed int for some reason when I compile and run on a Mac. Any ideas why this would be the case or how to fix it?

Last edited:
Back