• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Unused Storages

reisbro

Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, I know this may be rare to happen, but I was practicing scripts with storageids and I think I accidentaly used a storage that was already in another script. Anyways, is there a list of storageids that are already used in TFS 0.4 3777 (8.6)? Thanks!

This doesn't depend on the engine, the storage ids that are being used are inside the data pack (If you exclude the internal ones)

If this occurs on your vps or a linux os you type in the terminal
Code:
grep -rn "storage" * > storages.txt
And it will recursively search all the files in the sub directory of where this is executed for anything that is defined within the double quotes and store them in a file called storages.txt
-r is for recursive,
n is for the line number
"storage" is what to search for
> standard output
storages.txt is the file to store the information in

If you are using windows then you can do the same thing using notepad++ by holding CTRL and hitting the H key then select find in files and set the location to your data directory. Put in the search what to look for, a little window at the base of the program will pop up showing you every instance of the word or phrase you searched for. You can then click those line numbers and it will open the file at the line number where the search term is located.

For my search it looks like this in linux
Code:
XML/quests.xml:3:    <quest name="Example Quest I" startstorageid="1001" startstoragevalue="1">
XML/quests.xml:4:        <mission name="Example Mission 1" storageid="1001" startvalue="1" endvalue="3">
XML/quests.xml:9:        <mission name="Example Mission 2" storageid="1001" startvalue="4" endvalue="5">

This doesn't depend on the engine, the storage ids that are being used are inside the data pack (If you exclude the internal ones)
That's what I mean actually haha, I have no idea which storages are being used internally (the ones that came with the distro and the original data folder of the tfs 0.4)

Back