• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] [10.98] OlympiaOT | Dedicated and long term | Regular updates and bug fixes | Based on 8.6 | FRESH SERVER

Server Website/AAC
http://olympiaot.com/register.php
Server Address
olympiaot.com
Server Port
Client Protocol

azzmckay6

Reaction score
1611696287591.png
Hello all, and welcome to: OlympiaOT!
Our vision, is to supply you with a stable, long-serving server, which will aim to bring back some of those old school tibia memories, such as making friends (and foes) while hunting and realizing your dream as an adventurer, along with giving you some fresh, new memories that cannot be found on other servers.

OlympiaOT was created out of the pure frustration that many other players like yourself have seen time and time again. That, the servers you had spent hundreds of hours of your time on, had preferred to focus on milking their player-base with PAY2WIN items, creating half-baked new content while not fixing bugs that were prominent across the server, and focusing only on end-game content, rather than the full player-base. So, we put our combined experience together, as skilled designers, coders, but more importantly, players, to create a server where, and I quote:

"I really just want people to have a place to escape to, and enjoy." - God Dark (our full-time mapper)

So what makes us different? Check out the server information below:

Server map

We are using the complete, original global map. This means a familiar place for new OT players, and veterans alike. However, we focused a lot of time removing the common bugs and issues experienced on MOST servers using the same content. Experience the global map like how it should be, seamless. While bug fixes are good, updated content is equally as important.

Experience some of the new additions, such as: A complete Yalahar, Roshamuul, Krailos, Zao, Rathleton and The Hive. Or how about our centralized trading center, that offers Yasir/Rashid in an easily accessible space. And of course, a training room, to ensure you are ready for our custom maps, monsters and quests.

Custom equipment, quests and monsters (and new locations, WIP)
We want to ensure that we are providing players with a nostalgic and familiar experience, while providing custom content that will surprise and excite those who are worthy. While I won't be giving too much away (because we are an RPG server after all - you'll need to find out for yourself), here are a couple of screenshots for a sneak peak into our most recent release:
EQ.pngminiboss1.pngolympiabossentry.png
Note: Can you start to see the theme between our OT name, and some of the new custom content?

Server rates:
We wanted to ensure players feel a sense of satisfaction while hunting, and feel rewarded when they get upgrade their equipment. We have discussed the rates with players who have tested our servers, as well as thinking strategically about how we can provide a fun progressive system, while still ensuring it is challenging enough. See below:
EXP Rates:
8-20 = x8
21-60 = x5
61-100 = x3
101-130 = x2
131+ = x1
In-game rates:
Skills = x2
Magic = x2
Loot = x1

Dedicated server infrastructure
Following the gold standard of the best OT's, we have committed to providing a seamless, lag-free, gaming experience. We have a dedicated server in the USA, with an immediate communication line for any drop-outs, crashes etc. Don't wait hours for your server to come back up. That being said, we are striving towards 99.9% uptime. We are also in the process of getting a fallback server, so there is no connection interruptions if the first server fails.

Botting
We had deliberated for a long time whether or not we should allow botting. And our consensus was yes. This was our logic: We wanted to reduce the gap between power gamers and casual players (considering, many are working or cannot be online, all the time). And while allowing botting can also be a double-edged sword (creating, a "pseudo-active playerbase"), we have put preparations in place to ensure the quality of life is still there. For example: While botting is allowed, killing botters will also allow players to receive experience. This means that even though we're happy for you to be afk - be warned, this also creates a target on your head and players are rewarded for it.

We were also deeply disappointed to see that generally, 80% of a server's population is made up of rune makers, and thus inactive players, due to MCing and botting being enabled. We have made the decision to have all runes available at the potion/mana shop, recommending players to be active and hunting, so they can go and buy their required runes and potions, instead of creating an army of afk-makers.

Dedicated team, and our commitment to you
We want to ensure that all players feel a sense of belonging and community playing on our server, long term. As the admins, we will ensure the following:
1. Players voice will always be heard. Our discord channel (link below) is active, and we will take every suggestion seriously
2. We will be active, ensuring there is nothing reducing the quality of life (for example: we periodically review empty/abandoned houses to ensure that if the player has 'quit', the house will be put back on auction)
3. We are professional and courteous at all times. You will not find "special favors" for anyone, unless it's for everyone

We look forward to seeing you soon, adventurer!

Olympia OT Main Page
Olympia OT Download Client
Olympia OT Discord Channel

1611705045410.png

We encourage questions and feedback below, and we will endeavor to answer them all.

I see the fellas have redone their ad, awesome! Thought I’d drop my feedback again.

Have been playing this server for the last couple of days and I highly recommend everyone to give the server a go.
  1. The Admin and Gods are active, both on the server and on discord. They are listening to player feedback on suggestions - such as bug fixes and balancing skills/spells/etc.
  2. To the point of bug fixes, they are working really hard to make sure the server is as bug-free as possible. The amount of ongoing changes and updates are a sight for sore eyes
  3. I'm seeing a big influx of players from other popular 10.X servers, which is a great sign of activity
  4. As a new and upcoming server, we're yet to see 1-2 dominating guilds that are power abusing everyone else. Again, good for new players to chill out and hunt without concern
For everyone on the fence, it's definitely worth giving it a go - and I think the continuous stream of updates + new content + bug fixes can really set this one apart.

To round this up, I think the team is working tirelessly to ensure they are delivering to their promises, which is a great sign!

Not a bad server, will be glad when the bugs are all worked out. I know several of us are reporting them. Msg me in game if you need help getting started. -Holdin

Love this OT even though it's just getting started, the active staff makes all the difference!

Server is starting to pick up on activity with new players, which is nice to see! Feel free to ping me in game or on discord (Ace) and I'll be happy to help

Thanks to the players above for their comments, appreciate it while we are building this server up!

UPDATES:
  1. Global Depos: All towns now have access to the global depo, making it more convenient for you to access your loot bags and items.
  2. Ultimate Rashid: We have included an ultimate Rashid in our Central Trading Centre. Together with the other Djinns, we're making it easier for you sell your items! Photo courtesy from Cleric (below)
  3. Working Item-market on the website (http://olympiaot.com/market.php): This will show you in real-time which items are currently being sold in the auction house, so you're not looking, blindly!
We have also fixed up to about 20~ or so bugs, ranging from quest boxes and portals not working to unfinished maps. We're working hard to ensure you have a smooth experience!

Some player-curated screenshots:
Courtesy of Cleric, posting a photo next to our ultimate Rashid who sits in our trading center.
1611999305871.png

Courtesy of Rorc, posting a photo of a group run and finishing their Demon Shield quest
1611999374654.png

What makes this server unique? I haven't logged in yet, but haven't seen anything that grabs my attention other than the server name. Not trying to be rude, but if there are more custom features that haven't been advertised it'd benefit you to list them :)

What makes this server unique? I haven't logged in yet, but haven't seen anything that grabs my attention other than the server name. Not trying to be rude, but if there are more custom features that haven't been advertised it'd benefit you to list them :)

Dont get me wrong
But does every server need to be like archlight?
I have seen many other ots without any system and they still had more players than servers with huge systems

Dont get me wrong
But does every server need to be like archlight?
I have seen many other ots without any system and they still had more players than servers with huge systems

That's fair... I've just never understood the appeal of a "copy-paste" server. Obviously the biggest component of a good server is the community; however, I play OT for something different than Tibia. It doesn't have to be Archlight by any means...but something to make it unique. I was thinking with the name, there would be Greek lore/bosses

That's fair... I've just never understood the appeal of a "copy-paste" server. Obviously the biggest component of a good server is the community; however, I play OT for something different than Tibia. It doesn't have to be Archlight by any means...but something to make it unique. I was thinking with the name, there would be Greek lore/bosses
I can’t speak to what their exact plans are but I caught up with one of the Gods and he explained to me this:

The Greek Lore and Bosses (such as the Leviathan) are being worked on as speak, especially as mid-end game content. Their focus right now is to make sure all new players feel as though their joining a bug less server - no point creating the end game content when the road there is filled is paved with bugs that can be abused and or ruin the experience for other players.

I agree with their position because familiarity is nice to have as you try to get through the first couple levels and gear yourself up. And having new content when your char is ready seems like the right way to go.

Your latter comment is very true, and when we have completed our current package of fixes, we will then start to implement our very well thought out plans which are very much based on Greek Mythology as our name may gave you such impression.

Our focus at the moment is like previously said, making our content as playable and rewarding as possible.

Many thanks
OlympiaTeam.

Well, I have to hold up my end of the bargain, I told the GM id make sure the OTLand community knew they were corrupt so I guess this is that acknowledgment. I was invited by a RL to play here, this server only has about 10 active people playing it, who all have several alts. They encourage botting but the whole server is out to kill the botters (which is fine).. unless its one of their botters (which is lame). So out of the ten or so players that currently play this, about 6-8 all came here from Perfect tibia so they wont kill each other however they will hunt down anyone who bots and kill them constantly.

So two of us decided to retaliate and kill one of their botters, and i msged the GM to tell him since i thought he was just the same as everyone as far as killing the botters. Boy was I wrong! He brought some of their team down there to us, and helped them kill us on his regular character. Then he sat there saying it isnt PA because hes on a regular character. No one knew we were there except the GM, because I told him.. so yea.... while they killed us... we got toxic and bounced. Lol I should also add, this is while the botter we were there to kill continued to bot around us XD

I strongly discourage you from playing here UNLESS you have a team of people to come with you, or don't bot you might be alright that way for a little while too.

I'm sure ill get flamed by the entire server for calling out the GM since like I said they all kind of started/ came to this server together, but do yourself a favor and realize I've been a member of otland for longer than everyone else who has commented on this thread (currently) combined.. that includes the people who have created it..

All that is without going into details about the simple to fix bugs that arent fixed, while they are trying to make some type of custom content. Literally some TP's just need ID's, to have Zao working.. Svar arena just needs an NPC fixed. I referenced this in my earlier post, before the GM shenanigans. Its like they are working backwards while letting their friends get high enough to run the server economy/ power without letting new faces in just yet. Lol Good luck if you do play it!

It comes with such shame that a member of our community became to toxic & sour with us. We at Olympia pride ourselves on being FAIR and RESPONSIVE at all costs.
I feel that with the previous comment, I have no need nor desire to defend our team, and that such accusations are fueled from nothing but anger.

We hope to see you ingame soon, to enjoy yourself and most importantly, HAVE FUN!

OlympiaTeam.

Thought I'd bump these fellas up given that they have been working endlessly fixing bugs and taking in player suggestions for better balancing.

Also, just finished Anni :)

1612314906490.png

Back