• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][7.x-8.x] Return Of Tibia - Open Beta

Server Website/AAC
https://returnoftibia.ml/
Server Address
returnoftibia.ml
Server Port
Client Protocol
Reaction score
Return Of Tibia is a «dungeons and dragons» designed to bring back the best version of Tibia before they ruined the game with very high experience rate or bot-similar features built into their client. We're trying to catch the old and true way of MMORPG hardcore gaming with no options to let your credit card decide how powerful you can be.

A game that took the best out of old and latest Tibia, improving the gameplay without ruining the original hardcore aspect.

Return Of Tibia has a game launcher with anti-cheat measurements, detecting illicit tools such as bots, macros or any possible cheat. The open beta has a server hosted in the eastern US, thus offering a very low latency to both North America and South America; however, it releases features somewhat limited to the public and it's also possible to find bugs, so don't hate the game and enjoy your journey.

portada.gif

Last edited:
If you want to scare off your players, you are on good way. Not only you create files during launcher execution like "winlogon.exe" with hidden and system flags, but also n/n antiviruses don't like the files Antivirus scan for 39a8d8fb98d1749a67bee38eefc7ad71780a48dff5a1356c1dcdb9891526229f at 2019-03-19 09:25:28 UTC - VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com/pl/file/39a8d8fb98d1749a67bee38eefc7ad71780a48dff5a1356c1dcdb9891526229f/analysis/1552987528/)
It's the way that Anti-Cheat ensures its operation. The launcher itself is clean and with your knowledge you already know it because the code is not obfuscated precisely to avoid false positives in its installation. Do not frighten the public in vain ❤. Thanks for your scan.

My only whole file is this: (Launcher - Scan)
The others are the original files of the CipSoft client altered in assembly and protected/compressed within the launcher.
Scan of compressed CipSoft files: Graphics.lezz (tibia.spr), Data.lezz (tibia.dat), Picture.lezz (tibia.pic) & Engine.lezz (tibia.exe).

Last edited:
Have a problem with downloads: SetupROT.exe. I do the normal download but it was removed when i click in setup.exe

Have a problem with downloads: SetupROT.exe. I do the normal download but it was removed when i click in setup.exe
That is quite unusual because the installation is clean 100/100. Check again that it has been downloaded correctly and if you get an error message, share it here.

It's the way that Anti-Cheat ensures its operation. The launcher itself is clean and with your knowledge you already know it because the code is not obfuscated precisely to avoid false positives in its installation. Do not frighten the public in vain ❤. Thanks for your scan.

My only whole file is this: (Launcher - Scan)
The others are the original files of the CipSoft client altered in assembly and protected/compressed within the launcher.
Scan of compressed CipSoft files: Graphics.lezz (tibia.spr), Data.lezz (tibia.dat), Picture.lezz (tibia.pic) & Engine.lezz (tibia.exe).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but NO, no and NO. There is many servers with good Anti-Cheat measures, so what you say is 100% false. This is FACTS. Ones like yours that I have ran into, I don't bother, nor will anyone else due to the fact of this "Virus" you have in your client. "New Member, Joined Feb 18,2019". Why should we trust you? You have no reputation here, you seem to act like you know what your talking about but you don't. Stop infecting people with this crap. GO legit, and use your regular OTland account, so we all know who you are. To me this is just a scam waiting to happen. It actually wreaks of "inefection".

If I am wrong in regards to you hiding who you truly are. Welcome to OTland. Not a good start.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but NO, no and NO. There is many servers with good Anti-Cheat measures, so what you say is 100% false. This is FACTS. Ones like yours that I have ran into, I don't bother, nor will anyone else due to the fact of this "Virus" you have in your client. "New Member, Joined Feb 18,2019". Why should we trust you? You have no reputation here, you seem to act like you know what your talking about but you don't. Stop infecting people with this crap. GO legit, and use your regular OTland account, so we all know who you are. To me this is just a scam waiting to happen. It actually wreaks of "inefection".

If I am wrong in regards to you hiding who you truly are. Welcome to OTland. Not a good start.
The code will be sent to those 4 unknown "Antiviruses" that report as "malicious" to the cipsoft compressed files so that they remove the tag. It will also be sent to the Reports Staff in OTLand.
Anyone with a little knowledge in reverse engineering can see that their behavior is not malicious before attacking with comments. No popular antivirus detects it as a virus, the code is NOT obfuscated and anyone with knowledge can read it with a decompiler.

The code will be sent to those 4 unknown "Antiviruses" that report as "malicious" to the cipsoft compressed files so that they remove the tag. It will also be sent to the Reports Staff in OTLand.
Anyone with a little knowledge in reverse engineering can see that their behavior is not malicious before attacking with comments. No popular antivirus detects it as a virus, the code is NOT obfuscated and anyone with knowledge can read it with a decompiler.
And who wants to goto these extents to play a server where you say "Its all normal" when its not. Bro its 2019........ not 2010 when we all lacked knowledge on this. Whatever you did. You put something in there that is "Malicious" remove it. Build your reputation, show us we can trust you. Other then that. You will get no where.
P.S. I am not attacking you with comments, your OT wants to attack peoples computers.(so why is this okay for you to do?) I am being safe and being sure others don't fall for this. What I say is based on facts. I have been here 9 years, and every OT like yours that has this "Malicious" crap. Goes no where, and gets trashed because you try to fight the community, when in the end. You are wrong sir.

Last edited:
I am not going to defend him, but when I packed clean data/modules folder from otclient to .exe file, it suddenly showed as a virus too, and the hard ones like Troyan, so that's not so obvious I guess?

Time will tell. Go ahead. Play the server. Me and along with 200+ users here won't touch it.

Advice to you @Return Of Tibia , before adding this Anti Cheat measures, you find viable to your server, and expect us to just "Trust" you. Build some kind of reputation. I bet I can surpass your "Anti-Cheat" measures anyways and run a bot. You will never stop them. You just can't. Good luck on your server journey.

And I don't just randomly comment on peoples servers... It bothers me when people like you release things like this, that seem to the public that you are trying to infect them. I don't stand for it.

Last edited:
Time will tell. Go ahead. Play the server. Me and along with 200+ users here won't touch it.

Advice to you @Return Of Tibia , before adding this Anti Cheat measures, you find viable to your server, and expect us to just "Trust" you. Build some kind of reputation. I bet I can surpass your "Anti-Cheat" measures anyways and run a bot. You will never stop them. You just can't. Good luck on your server journey.
Thanks for your professional advice, as you will see, I am a newbie.
Anti-Hacks external to a game client such as "X-Trap" for example, have all behaviors that read system processes and can be considered as "malicious" by mediocre antiviruses if the Anti-Hack does not have a paid license or has not sent its source to the antivirus that detects the false positive. As the @ochmar said, the edited and packaged cipsoft files are also detected as suspicious because they no longer have the CipSoft signature readable, I assume.

Maybe you can, and I invite you to try it, use a bot on my client; However, the vast majority will not be able to, and my anti-cheat can be updated in real time by obtaining the cheats that it must detect and report from the web. Probably that it will not be as easy to bypass as the basics of there.

Thank you for being understanding, and reasonable. Once again, sorry for making it seem I was "attacking" you. I really am not. I came to read about the server then see the comments, and dug into it myself only to find these issues. The files detected by cipsoft arent the same ones your launcher is imitating on the system. So its a bit different and unfair to compare CipSoft files to this. When I am getting 2 totally different scan results.

I could care less about the botting part, Id like to try your server. Once or if you remove this from your launcher, I'd give it a shot. But I simply cannot take the risk. Hope you understand.
Maybe for the time being, why not "You" be the anti cheat measure hehe, manually. Watch people, check people, watch behaviors, manual players always play different from how a "bot" plays. I myself can very easily tell. I know its a pain in the arse but this could be an option, JUST until you grow in this community, and deem yourself trustworthy that we can just ignore what these scans are saying.

Cheers buddy. Best of Luck :)

P.s. If there really is nothing to worry about and I am wrong, I will man up to that.

Last edited:
Thank you for being understanding, and reasonable. Once again, sorry for making it seem I was "attacking" you. I really am not. I came to read about the server then see the comments, and dug into it myself only to find these issues. The files detected by cipsoft arent the same ones your launcher is imitating on the system. So its a bit different and unfair to compare CipSoft files to this. When I am getting 2 totally different scan results.

I could care less about the botting part, Id like to try your server. Once or if you remove this from your launcher, I'd give it a shot. But I simply cannot take the risk. Hope you understand.
Maybe for the time being, why not "You" be the anti cheat measure hehe, manually. Watch people, check people, watch behaviors, manual players always play different from how a "bot" plays. I myself can very easily tell. I know its a pain in the arse but this could be an option, JUST until you grow in this community, and deem yourself trustworthy that we can just ignore what these scans are saying.

Cheers buddy. Best of Luck :)
I do not think that you attack me, it is evident that the correct way to comment on how you do it is by first investigating the behavior of the program on your own in order to affirm that it is malicious (and affirm that I am attacking), or that you can make those with doubts understand that there is no No command or action that compromises the user.

I was asked by other Otland staff members to take a look at the source code of the ROT Launcher and ROT Hook.
While it appears to use naive obfuscation and tries to hide its processes in the system, which is very likely to trigger antivirus heuristics, it does not seem to do anything malicious at this time.
However, due to the "download and run" nature of the launcher, it can be used to download a malicious program in future and also run it, hiding it as a system process. Therefore, it's always up to you to decide whether you trust it or not - and use good antivirus protection.

I was asked by other Otland staff members to take a look at the source code of the ROT Launcher and ROT Hook.
While it appears to use naive obfuscation and tries to hide its processes in the system, which is very likely to trigger antivirus heuristics, it does not seem to do anything malicious at this time.
However, due to the "download and run" nature of the launcher, it can be used to download a malicious program in future and also run it, hiding it as a system process. Therefore, it's always up to you to decide whether you trust it or not - and use good antivirus protection.
Thanks for the review, @Don Daniello .
As I said, there is no intention or malicious behavior, it is a manual and light "obfuscation", so antiviruses can easily check the code and rule out that it is malicious; however, there will always be one or two incapable antiviruses such as those mentioned by @dlaw14 .
I could well obfuscate the code with Themida or ConfuserEx, which would turn it totally illegible for most users; but also for antiviruses making it more confusing with malware.

As a server owner, I would always have access to user information in the database. Not me, but all the server owners; so it's really pathetic and naive to pretend that I will use malware to violate the privacy of the user and make this issue a cheap controversy. 😅

Just curious, how many people have/ are playing? You can keep it up for as long as you want. But in the end, It's hard to just trust something like this, where as stated above, is always a Possibility. Therefore, don't you think its time for a change?

Just curious, how many people have/ are playing?
Only 10 online record in open beta. I have not paid for advertising yet because I lack a bit of content.

Just curious, how many people have/ are playing? You can keep it up for as long as you want. But in the end, It's hard to just trust something like this, where as stated above, is always a Possibility. Therefore, don't you think its time for a change?
I thought the senseless attacks had ceased.
The possibility is and always is, with or without personalized Launcher because the owners of servers always have access to the mail, ip, username, password of the user in our database, who commonly and naively use their usual credentials. If the code of the launcher becomes "malicious" or is heavily obfuscated, any antivirus will detect it as a possible threat and alert in its execution, so that whenever you have an antivirus, you should not worry about your security or your computer (case of not trusting). Using linux can also be an option to avoid viruses for the most part, or leave the internet. 😂

Wasn't an attack. just by judging by the facts, and the turn out of your server. No one is playing, and no one will. Hence why I was asking you, don't you think its time to change your current state of your server...... but no, you are to self centered around what you believe.... and then what the facts actually are.

due to the "download and run" nature of the launcher, it can be used to download a malicious program in future and also run it.

You could just be waiting until the right time to strike. Take care. You and your server. Don't mention me next time, and I shall not have any reason to visit this thread. k thanks

I wont be back here to read what you reply to this either. As it will just be another comment, totally disregarding the truth and facts.

"The possibility is and always is, with or without personalized Launcher because the owners of servers always have access to the mail, ip, username, password of the user in our database, who commonly and naively use their usual credentials. " Then remove it. Whats so hard? Make yourself seem more guilty?

Last edited:
Wasn't an attack. just by judging by the facts, and the turn out of your server. No one is playing, and no one will.

due to the "download and run" nature of the launcher, it can be used to download a malicious program in future and also run it.

You could just be waiting until the right time to strike. Take care. You and your server. Don't mention me next time, and I shall not have any reason to visit this thread. k thanks

IT-IS-NOT-A-VIRUS, get over it, dude.
The code is clean as @Don Daniello said and will continue clean, however; if the launcher was updated and stopped being clean, your antivirus will immediately jump alerting of the change. Take a redbull and relax. I'm not personally asking you to play or asking for your opinion on how to do my job; However, thank you. You are that 1%, congratulations.

owners of servers always have access to the mail, ip, username, password of the user in our database
Everyone knows that server owners (and not only, since most often it's not difficult to get into a server's database where everything is stored in plaintext) have access to this kind of information, but it's trivial to just use a different username/password/mail, and to hide your IP you can just use a VPN. Whereas, if your files were malicious (I'm not saying they are, but there's always such a possibility), you could potentially have access to everything ever stored on a user's device. Don't you see a huge difference?

whenever you have an antivirus, you should not worry about your security or your computer
This is just blatantly false. No AV in the world can detect every possible virus. Lots and lots of people have got malware on their computers in spite of using an AV. Just because you have one installed definitely doesn't mean you can safely download any imaginable malware.

Back