• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Cyntara [10.1] - Completely Rebuilt Custom Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Azur Mayne
I appreciate your support and defense here, but please don't turn it into an argument. Thanks for getting the word out about the update though, I haven't drafted my new thread yet.

@Rickolajten
I'm sorry you feel that way. I understand that you saw the premium benefits page. I'm wondering if you read the message above the premium benefits. Anyway, that doesn't matter too much. I'd like to clarify a few things. For one, 10% experience bonus literally means that for every ten monsters you kill, it's as if you killed one extra monster. This is 1/5 of Tibia's 1.5x "happy hour." Your experience rate also halves not at 14 hours, but 32 hours. And the 10% bonus is only limited to monsters. It doesn't apply to quest experience rewards. If you spend 100k at the magic shop, you may save 10k on your purchase. A single mid-level monster can drop anywhere from 8-15 platinum coins. Not to mention the beginning quests will leave you with over 500k. Twelve hours of offline training is the equivalent of standing on a training tile for 6 hours. This is only a "benefit" if you don't want to use anti-idle. And each vocation's super spells cost soul points per use. With that being said, super spells are used primarily to set up combos in wars. There are alternatives to comboing your enemies if you cannot cast a Super Spell. I assure you that. And to address your final concern, double training speed is undeniably a nice benefit. I'm sure you're familiar with how skills work, though. It's plenty easy to advance in skill at skill level 80. But it takes a great deal of time to advance in skill at 110. I hope this helps close the gap on how big of a benefit "double training speed" is. Not to mention skill speed is already 30x real tibia.

Concerning premium benefits, I've removed the premium requirement for "happy hour." And I've long removed the IP address login restriction. Furthermore, I discussed the issue with a few of my players and they felt the "level 400 stone" was a bit too far. While, level 400 is easily achievable within a week, and is often erased when you decide to rebirth, I have taken the advice of my players and removed the item. They still felt that, while it yielded little advantage, it was unfair that a person could simply bypass the time requirement. To which I agreed. Fortunately for my players, the stone had never even been purchased. So every player's levels that you see were earned by them.

Now, I was quite fine with not responding to your condescending post, but I'm a nice guy that's legitimately trying to provide Open Tibia with a server that's nothing like anything else out there. That's a lot more than a lot of people here. I respect your thoughts, if I didn't, I wouldn't have spent the time writing this.

@Tjay
I don't have much else to say that I haven't said to Rickolajten. Even if you think that the premium benefits are "too much," it appears almost none of my players felt the same way. As almost none of them felt it was worth paying for a premium account. I figured what I had previously wasn't too much, considering how premium works in Tibia. Concerning the items being obtainable in-game, I assure you that 90% of what I offer on my shop page is obtainable in-game. As far as a reset goes, I'm almost certain there will be a day where Cyntara resets again. That's one of the only options I'm given when things need a nice reboot. It's incredibly hard to keep a server for over four-and-a-half years without resetting. But I built this version of Cyntara to last. So that's why I don't feel there's a need to reset. I'm not saying I never will reset again, but there's only a very small gap between the top player and a player that achieves level 400 in the next week. Mind you, there is a bit of a gap between someone with a lot of rebirths, but the gap is minimal. Is it almost impossible to catch up to them? Sure. But will you notice worlds of difference between you and them? Absolutely not. The difference between someone that's a good PvPer and someone that's an "okay" PvPer is vastly different than 10, 20 or even 50 rebirths.

So I'm sorry to hear you won't be giving us a second chance. But my server's not perfect. It never will be. But hey, we're trying.
I hope that people at least login after the update to see the breathtaking city that master @Luffy made for us.

Red

@Rickolajten
I'm sorry you feel that way. I understand that you saw the premium benefits page. I'm wondering if you read the message above the premium benefits. Anyway, that doesn't matter too much. I'd like to clarify a few things. For one, 10% experience bonus literally means that for every ten monsters you kill, it's as if you killed one extra monster. This is 1/5 of Tibia's 1.5x "happy hour." Your experience rate also halves not at 14 hours, but 32 hours. And the 10% bonus is only limited to monsters. It doesn't apply to quest experience rewards. If you spend 100k at the magic shop, you may save 10k on your purchase. A single mid-level monster can drop anywhere from 8-15 platinum coins. Not to mention the beginning quests will leave you with over 500k. Twelve hours of offline training is the equivalent of standing on a training tile for 6 hours. This is only a "benefit" if you don't want to use anti-idle. And each vocation's super spells cost soul points per use. With that being said, super spells are used primarily to set up combos in wars. There are alternatives to comboing your enemies if you cannot cast a Super Spell. I assure you that. And to address your final concern, double training speed is undeniably a nice benefit. I'm sure you're familiar with how skills work, though. It's plenty easy to advance in skill at skill level 80. But it takes a great deal of time to advance in skill at 110. I hope this helps close the gap on how big of a benefit "double training speed" is. Not to mention skill speed is already 30x real tibia.

Concerning premium benefits, I've removed the premium requirement for "happy hour." And I've long removed the IP address login restriction. Furthermore, I discussed the issue with a few of my players and they felt the "level 400 stone" was a bit too far. While, level 400 is easily achievable within a week, and is often erased when you decide to rebirth, I have taken the advice of my players and removed the item. They still felt that, while it yielded little advantage, it was unfair that a person could simply bypass the time requirement. To which I agreed. Fortunately for my players, the stone had never even been purchased. So every player's levels that you see were earned by them.

Now, I was quite fine with not responding to your condescending post, but I'm a nice guy that's legitimately trying to provide Open Tibia with a server that's nothing like anything else out there. That's a lot more than a lot of people here. I respect your thoughts, if I didn't, I wouldn't have spent the time writing this.

Red

@ The part about no stones being purchased, Its a complete lie and you (should) know it. When I played there were a MINIMUM of 2 stones handed out to players in front of my very eyes. Yes they quit shortly after but still the levels were gained.

and @ the part about the exp with happy hour. The issue lies within the fact they can use their 2 hours of happy hour as all players can, then go train in online trainers and while training can receive the stamina back WHILE gaining skills at an increased rate. Then rinse and repeat (ofc this may of changed and may only apply to when I used to play)

Also lets not forget that you used to "allow" botting but ONLY if it was done by certain people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back