• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Cyntara v8 - Evo [10.41]

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 days left to reset, gl

any new content planned after that?

Red will more than likely make a new thread within a few days before the reset. But here are a few things that I can share with you guys (I'll try to include pictures):

-Client update to 10.77 (With new outfits and items).

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CBRpcRFVEAAbH43.mp4

- Tower Defense Event

CF3zheoW8AIILOs.png:large

- Classic mwalls (new sprite looks bad)

- 1 rebirth (the rebirth will give more than the classic rebirth, won't share more info on this.)

- 2 new end-game quests (IN PROGRESS)

- Updated task system (With custom boss points system and pop up window which is a lot more convenient than talking to the npc)

CGyZvIUWgAExQRi.png:large

- Custom Achievements

CAB84mvUQAIUEmi.png:large

Again, these are only a few things. A much more detailed post will be put up a few days before the reset!

glad to see task system in modalwindow and classic mwalls in use ;)

Reactions: Red
10 days left to reset, gl

any new content planned after that?

Thanks zbizu!
A majority of my time I've been in school and focused on that. In my free time I would optimize things / fix inconsistencies / review code / keep up with the latest TFS. I rewrote almost all of my events and picked up a lot of (I think superior) code style.

As far as what players will see immediately after the update:

- New outfits / mounts
- Tower Defense! (Screenshot above)
- A new task system (Using a modal window for the task NPC was an idea inspired by your server, actually!)
- Achievements

I do have plans on content to add regarding quests / hunting spots / events / systems. I find it's much easier to add content, fix things, and develop a server with an active community. The community is great at coming up with new ideas; I'd hazard to say during the first two months of v8's launch I probably added as much content as I did in the 8 months I did to prepare for it. My players can expect the same kind of commitment and development this time around as well!

Edit: Oh shit, looks like Matt posted better information I did.

Looks interesting, might come back for a try

Glad to hear it :)

Red

Going to finally try this server out after the update :p
Been a server ive wanted to try out, but never done it haha

i can...... not wait.

Going to finally try this server out after the update :p
Been a server ive wanted to try out, but never done it haha
You will enjoy it, I have played this server since V1 (on and off with my tibia "career" of course) but I've been here at the start of every single reset, very rarely am I disappointed with anything.

You will enjoy it, I have played this server since V1 (on and off with my tibia "career" of course) but I've been here at the start of every single reset, very rarely am I disappointed with anything.

Don't double post.
Yeah I hope so aswell, but seems like the server stays at a low player amount and sadely Red is one of those that ive seen keep the servers online for a long time.

@Red
You will update the client to 10.77 or 10.78 correct?
If so, change the title of this thread, it will get so many more views!

@WibbenZ LOL? Well Mr."Don't double post" I didn't think that was really a thing when all I was trying to do was give you some info, I did it again, Don't ban me plx.

But srsly, dont be a dick.

Don't double post.
Yeah I hope so aswell, but seems like the server stays at a low player amount and sadely Red is one of those that ive seen keep the servers online for a long time.

The thing is that every reset usually starts right around the beginning of summer, Which is perfect IMO. The server gets really active for like 4~ months (Average of 120 - 160 players, record was 218 this reset which is really fucking good for a custom server like this) then slowly dies down to an average of 30 - 35 players online (Sometimes even less).

The only issue that I've seen in this OT is real late game content (Which will hopefully be added this time around). People complete almost every quest after a few months and the warring teams usually get busy with school / work and end up stop playing. This happens every time, I don't really see a fix to this since people have to live their lifes and not stay on Tibia all the time so we just have to deal and try to attract new players.

@Red
You will update the client to 10.77 or 10.78 correct?
If so, change the title of this thread, it will get so many more views!

@WibbenZ LOL? Well Mr."Don't double post" I didn't think that was really a thing when all I was trying to do was give you some info, I did it again, Don't ban me plx.

But srsly, dont be a dick.

Why spam on the forum? You could just as easy edited your post or written the info from the start.

The thing is that every reset usually starts right around the beginning of summer, Which is perfect IMO. The server gets really active for like 4~ months (Average of 120 - 160 players, record was 218 this reset which is really fucking good for a custom server like this) then slowly dies down to an average of 30 - 35 players online (Sometimes even less).

The only issue that I've seen in this OT is real late game content (Which will hopefully be added this time around). People complete almost every quest after a few months and the warring teams usually get busy with school / work and end up stop playing. This happens every time, I don't really see a fix to this since people have to live their lifes and not stay on Tibia all the time so we just have to deal and try to attract new players.

Ye I do get you, and I feel that most ots are like this - sadely.
It's hard to keep the server alive without daily updates etc (how is even shadowcores still alive?).

Ye I do get you, and I feel that most ots are like this - sadely.
It's hard to keep the server alive without daily updates etc (how is even shadowcores still alive?).

Shadowcores is just a server where people bot 20 Eks to sell money to a few people that like to waste a bunch of rl $$ on a server. Wouldn't really call that active

Can't wait! Been playing Cyntara for ever and I am happy to see a good reset happening.

this is first time I see people excited over database reset
wp Cyntara admins, wp

Between you and I, I'm never the first one to think about resetting. I usually have a handful of people yelling (sometimes loudly) into my ear that a reset is needed. :oops:

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back