• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Cyntara v8 - SEASON 2 - Evo [10.78]

H2CNDRrU-.png

If you haven't played Cyntara yet, or even if you have in the past.. Join now! The war's are bigger and better every time; we need more teams to fight!

Cyntara v8 - Season 2 - First Month

Cyntara has had a very eventful first month of its second season of v8. We've ironed out a lot of bugs thanks to diligent reports from our loyal players; we are working every day to catch up to the amount of reports we receive and hopefully in the very near future we will be ready to fully transition onto content, content, content! That's not to say we haven't added or planned anything new to Cyntara in the past month, that's actually what this news post is for. So, what have we added and what's coming next?

kersje-squirrels.png

We are always looking to improve upon some of our amateurly-created maps. We recently accepted and implemented a map created by a volunteer; Kersje has been kind enough to revamp the Squirrel spawn for Cyntara! The new spawn is now live. Please give a moment to thank her for giving Cyntara's most lovable creatures a new home (and some awesome tree houses, as well!)

Events

Events have been a hot topic since the launch of Cyntara v8-s2. What started as players ignoring them in order to take the top spot in the highscores list, turned into an overall distaste for them. We decided to start work on making event tokens more important items overall. Today, we have introduced the Mount Exchange!

Mount Exchange

mount-exchange.png

You can exchange event tokens for mounts by pulling the levers in front of them. If you already have the mount, you will not lose your tokens. The signs in the hallway indicate the price of the mounts. Mounts toward the front are less expensive than the mounts in the back. We hope for the mount exchange to be easy to understand and allow players to get an in-game visual of what the mounts actually look like!

Further events and event token changes!

- Event tokens have become more abundant; events that used to reward 1 event token now reward 2 or 3 event tokens.
- The Collector's prices have changed in order to reflect the new event token prices.
- Players will now receive 1 event token for standing in the event lobby if the event fails to start.
- The amount of event tokens dropped by Nazi Zombies has increased, as well as their experience.
- Raid bosses will now drop more event tokens.
- Infected is now working as intended.

We also have plans to make event tokens improve your characters in various ways; this may include, but is not limited to: upgradable weapons, buyable equipment, and more. More details will be provided within the next few days.

But wait, there's more!

All of this talk about reworking how events and event tokens work, it's only appropriate to introduce Cyntara's newest event...

boss-duels.png

Boss Duels! Players will be able to fight against 7 incredibly strong bosses in an event arena with a randomly-assigned team. If a you are killed, the enemy team will earn 1 point and you will be sent to a cooldown lobby for 30 seconds. If your team kills a boss, your team will receive an amount of points dependent on the boss' difficulty. Players will also earn experience points for each boss killed. The team with the most points at the end of the event wins! Both teams will earn event tokens, and the winning team will earn more event tokens.

What's to come?

Within the next few weeks we hope to see the Rebirth system reimplemented in a way Cyntara has never seen it before. We want to continue expanding on what event tokens can be used for; as of right now, we can only promise that they will become more and more useful to the server.

Additional changes to the server over the past few weeks can be seen on the news ticker.

Enjoy Cyntara!
Red

Awesome update!! The events actually get enough players to start most of the time now, and nothings more fun than CTF or TDM with random players! Also the ability to get any mount for a price of event tokens is really nice for people who cant donate for mounts.

Joined today with a friend :)
Ingame names: Metaxon (me), Acira (friend)

@Red
Are the training tiles for online and offline training the same?
Meaning if I'm PACC (the 3 days beginner PACC) I just need to log out on the training tiles?

Last edited:
@Damon The offline training statues are for premium only and they are actually slower than the training tiles. You need to use a bot on the training tiles or some other program to keep you online.

I would try this server, but I don't like PvP.
Anyway, it seems amazing!
Good job Red.

I would try this server, but I don't like PvP.
Anyway, it seems amazing!
Good job Red.
Me and my friend have been only questing and hunting so far and its definitly worth it! The quests are nicely put together and well scripted (I assume) so it is definitly worth playing even if you dont like pvp.

@mister smitherz Thanks mate, I can see that :p Well as I only play manual I wouldnt have a bot at hand. Anyway I guess some ither macro program would do, too right? I just need to make my char strg+arrow keys all the time to not logout right?

Great job, glad to see this server getting the attention it deserves. Cheers

Played this server 3 years ago and it's still running, that's what I call a stable server. Great work Red.

Thank you all for the kind words! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying yourselves!

Starting in about 14 hours (00:00 EST / midnight) we will be having 3 days of 2x experience!

Friday we will be having another update. If you're interested in what I've outlined in the changes, please check out this post I made.

ROMoabJ.png

Get ready!
Red

Try adding more hunting grounds maybe, there are lots of overbotted hunting grounds.

Try adding more hunting grounds maybe, there are lots of overbotted hunting grounds.

There's going to be quite a big patch soon. By the sounds of it spawns will get be getting revamps and some new content will be added, It should release on Friday but @Red can answer that better than I can. Not home alot now and when I am I would prefer sleeping or chillin' and watching a movie, so I can't play but I can answer any unanswered questions that you or others may have, just shoot me a PM via OTLand.

Started playing a few days ago and it's really fun :) if you love custom high exp servers you should try this for sure!

Back