• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] DarkOT 7.4 Highrate RL-Map, ONLINE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should thank him instead of finding it annoying, he's one of the reason you can play games for free :)

Actually, people should be generally more thankful for donators than they really are..
You're viewing this forum for free.. thanks to donators..
You can download movies with torrents using free programs, thanks to donators..
and on it goes, everything you does for free, you can bet it's funded by donators...
sure, monetize it somehow, but dont ruin the competition in the process making the donators have a massive unfair advantage. Why not go the route of classicus etc and have some pacc that gives 10% exp, less exp loss, premium outfits. Djinn/rashid scrolls, namelock, ability to buy bless in npc, all those are advantages sure but nowhere near as massive as you have on your server and they're also obtainnable ingame while what you have in your shop, most of it is not (scrolls, uber weapons)

sure, monetize it somehow, but dont ruin the competition in the process making the donators have a massive unfair advantage. Why not go the route of classicus etc and have some pacc that gives 10% exp, less exp loss, premium outfits. Djinn/rashid scrolls, namelock, ability to buy bless in npc, all those are advantages sure but nowhere near as massive as you have on your server and they're also obtainnable ingame while what you have in your shop, most of it is not (scrolls, uber weapons)

You gotta think the donators are not only ppl that want to have advantage on the game (because nobody will spend a lot of money in every OT launch to become the best, and I'm not talking only about DarkOT), that kind of ppl are players that doesnt have time to skill/looting/etc because they work or any other personal reasons, so donations will give them that little help to enjoy the OT like the ppl who have a lot of time to play and get all the items in-game.

I can see you are talking about the donations like a way of "p2w", and it's not because you can get donation points for free in-game too, you can get better weapons/sets in-game without spend real money. If you think you can't be the "very best" on the OT because the donations, the Owner already said the last tops didnt donate a single real money. So why are you complaining too much? It's not a race about getting the first top, it's about enjoy the OTServ. Just chill, wait for the launch and donate or not, do whatever you want.

lNERHf.jpg

I'm not sure if that was coincidental or on purpose.. just looks like a lil rivalry to me. xD

You know what would be hilarious is if Ryan just cut in... August 11th Oldera releases.. just overrides both of you. xD

lNERHf.jpg

I'm not sure if that was coincidental or on purpose.. just looks like a lil rivalry to me. xD

You know what would be hilarious is if Ryan just cut in... August 11th Oldera releases.. just overrides both of you. xD

Most of the DarkOTs I played started on Friday 18:00 CET, so doubt it's on purpose. Kinda stupid overall to launch a server on a saturday evening anyway imo.

Most of the DarkOTs I played started on Friday 18:00 CET, so doubt it's on purpose. Kinda stupid overall to launch a server on a saturday evening anyway imo.

Stupidest idea ever to start a server on a Saturday... better off starting it on a Thursday or Friday the sametime as darkots.. Saturday afternoon makes zero sense... Europeans are not gonna wait till midnight to start a server and 3pm for americans is even more idiotic imo

@xKrazyx lol foreal

lNERHf.jpg

DarkOT launch have been planned for long, and I've had a reserved countdown for months already.
Check my countdown: http://otservlist.org/
You can't pull such a countdown up in matter of hours, or even days, they're plenty busy and you're lucky if you can get a Friday countdown for 2 weeks ahead :D

Edit:
just for fun, I have almost half of August reserved to myself actually, hehe :)
1 Week for DarkOT.
And 1 Week for Thorsan :)

All 7.4 servers > darkot

Darkot = big spoof
I'm terrible sorry you couldn't bot in DarkOT without getting deleted, so yeah I guess any 7.4 server is better for you than DarkOT there you can bot without getting deleted :)

@Topic:
I reduced some of the protection of the "new items".

Nah, European

It's this one:
http://thorsan.net/

Its the 8.0 one, right?

What rates are you aiming for? (skills, magic, exp)

Map: Full 8.0(year 2007) map
Exp: 2x
Skills: 2x
Magic: 2x
Loot: 1.5x
Gold Drop: 1.5x

Are those the ones?

When do you plan to launch? (I want to know so I can get some free time to start strong)

You should consider having a server hosted in America, every low rate is at Europe :(

Edit:

OH AND I FORGOT, IS IT OPEN RIGHT NOW SO I CAN TEST IT?

Its the 8.0 one, right?

What rates are you aiming for? (skills, magic, exp)

Map: Full 8.0(year 2007) map
Exp: 2x
Skills: 2x
Magic: 2x
Loot: 1.5x
Gold Drop: 1.5x

Are those the ones?

When do you plan to launch? (I want to know so I can get some free time to start strong)

You should consider having a server hosted in America, every low rate is at Europe :(

Edit:

OH AND I FORGOT, IS IT OPEN RIGHT NOW SO I CAN TEST IT?
That's the one yes, 2x exp permanently, no donation items whatsoever, just adjusted premium system (premium like rl, with just a small edit on boat access).
Prem info can be checked here: http://thorsan.net/?subtopic=account&view=premium_account
Thorsan have been scheduled for 26 August launch for about 3 months now, it's written in stone that it will start the 26:th (18:00 CEST)
Thorsan is built to be a permanent RPG server, never reset, never go down.
When Thorsan's playerbase and I'm ready for it, I will do like Rl Tibia did, create more worlds and these will of course be set up between EU and USA.
How long it will take, can't say, it's all depending on how fast Thorsan get a stable player-base that understand Thorsan is there to stay (dedicated players).
Once there's enough, and a "world-split" wont damage the existing world, the evolvement will take place :)
But that's future plans, can't promise it will happen anytime soon :)

darkot starts today, any info about eq, auto pick-up spears? how spears on start? they broke?
Spear break with low chance, you don't need to pick them up.
Tip for paladins, get 400 gp as soon as possible and buy a bow, then you can use "exevo con" and you'll have plenty of arrows and can almost hunt constantly.

Spear break with low chance, you don't need to pick them up.
Tip for paladins, get 400 gp as soon as possible and buy a bow, then you can use "exevo con" and you'll have plenty of arrows and can almost hunt constantly.
bro u dont need to tell me how to be highest lvl in first 2-3h im havoc bro :D

any gps at start? how many spears at starts cuz i must have a plan which city should i start tho

any gps at start? how many spears at starts cuz i must have a plan which city should i start tho
5 spears, no money in start, basic starting eq that fit your vocation. Pally = brass armo/legs, steel shield and some others

Edit, it was 5 spears, not 4

thanks

hope this ot gonna annihilate d2 server

ye bro just pay 11 euro and u have 1kk money and bow with infinite ammo that shoots sds then u will be highest lvl

ye bro just pay 11 euro and u have 1kk money and bow with infinite ammo that shoots sds then u will be highest lvl
Oh boy you must be a real sucker..
Everyone knows it's not your equipment or cash that define your rankings, it's your friends and your skill.
You'd learn that if you ever kicked a guys ass for trying to prior you by his wallet.

Me myself, whenever I play cs servers with fucked up donations, I find the top donator and give him headshots all the way making his rankings drop like shit..
and that's all possible by skill and not by your amount of cash..

Maybe you should try that, gives some perspective in "fucked up donations".
skill > items
specially in games there you can't auto aim or use item hotkeys.

Edit:
Small funny note, last DarkOT, a guy tried to be prior in the start, within 10 minutes he was top level.
after 1 hour, 150 players had outlvled him.
by 2 hours he gave up because his donation didn't make him good at playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back