• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] DeathZot 8.60 | Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im going back to diablo 3, il check in on saturday to see if its online. ^_^

So I have some good news and bad news.

Basically, the current host is a piece of shit and they are voiding my server because of the DDoS attacks and they said I "breached the ToS by disrupting their network". Which doesn't make sense to me because it's not my fault someone is DDoS'ing the server.

The bad news is; temporary Sweden host won't work out because he's been having internet issues for the last few months. So there will be some more downtime.

The good news; I spent all last night looking for companies that deal with DDoS's and won't null route me because of attacks. They also offer basic DDoS protection and even if the server manages to get DDoS'd they aren't going to cancel the server because of them. I just ordered the server and it should be setup within the next 24 hours (this is what they told me, I don't know anymore about it). I also need to find out if the current company will let me have access so I can get the most recent backup of the server.

Also, I normally would of just hosted it on my computer in the mean time by I don't feel like getting DDoS'd because I can't change my IP

Good so hopefully by tomorrow the server will be back up anyone got a semi ok ot to play until then cause i cant find anything as good as dzot and im pulling my freaking hair out trying to find something to pass the time

yo so synthetic so the Christmas thing is still going to end at Jan.2?? Or will it end a later date?

That's to bad the temporarily didn't work out I played on the host before if its who I think it is and it wasn't even bad from the west coast. Glad you found some non-pos companies!

yo so synthetic so the Christmas thing is still going to end at Jan.2?? Or will it end a later date?

I'm going to extend the Christmas Event until Jan 5th at midnight. I'm also going to make the gingerbread men spawn sooner

I'm going to extend the Christmas Event until Jan 5th at midnight. I'm also going to make the gingerbread men spawn sooner

I think in the holiday spirits (past) you should give extra points to people that donated 12/20/12-12/25/12.. cause im sure those donations did help getting the new host :rolleyes:

I think in the holiday spirits (past) you should give extra points to people that donated 12/20/12-12/25/12.. cause im sure those donations did help getting the new host :rolleyes:

I originally was going to do something where if you donated you got bonus points because it's Christmas, however after what has happened these few days I don't feel it is appropriate on my part to encourage people to donate more. Maybe sometime in the future I will do something like that.

I originally was going to do something where if you donated you got bonus points because it's Christmas, however after what has happened these few days I don't feel it is appropriate on my part to encourage people to donate more. Maybe sometime in the future I will do something like that.

Well I know for a fact that even though I donated (90$ in that period) and this has happened I probably will be donating again due to the fact that I am willing to help this server because I love it so much. Regardless of what has happened, I know you are going to always be trying a new way to get it back online. Also, those donations have already gone through. It's not you encouraging us to donate more, its just a reward for helping the server in its time of need.

when i got DDoS on my last host they moved my ip range and talked me through how to handle it and even helped out on their end by watching my connection and automatically changing/optimizing my firewall to block the majority of my problem at that time. i don't know what kind of server company would take it out on the customer for something that is outside of their control, that is some shady business right there. it is a dedicated host, they are supposed to be dedicated to you not to their own selfish greed. hopefully you have found a good one this time. i will keep my fingers crossed. ^_^

Synthetic_ and all who host this ot. I want the server to go up. I am admitting to ddosing your server last night. You need to host this server at your house, even though you say you cna't change your internet protocol address. If you put the server up and let everyone play, you have my word that there will be no further denial of service attacks. If you choose not to, then i will keep ddosing this server. If you think that i don't have your ip and would like evidence, then here is the evidence you seek. 68.23x.25x.xx is your ip address. Please put the server up, i did not know the denial of service attackS would cause this much harm. If you host it and put it up tonight and let everyone play; these problems will no longer persist. Please do not take this as a threat, take it as a compliment of all the people that want to play your server.

Synthetic_ and all who host this ot. I want the server to go up. I am admitting to ddosing your server last night. You need to host this server at your house, even though you say you cna't change your internet protocol address. If you put the server up and let everyone play, you have my word that there will be no further denial of service attacks. If you choose not to, then i will keep ddosing this server. If you think that i don't have your ip and would like evidence, then here is the evidence you seek. 68.23x.25x.xx is your ip address. Please put the server up, i did not know the denial of service attackS would cause this much harm. If you host it and put it up tonight and let everyone play; these problems will no longer persist. Please do not take this as a threat, take it as a compliment of all the people that want to play your server.

i bet that the person ddosing is renegade, the amount of burgers that guy can eat is not natural o.0

Dafuq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back