• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Farendar - CUSTOM CLIENT

can you add a crystal that works as a teleport to town?

like at level 20, you can create a portal crystal, for 300~ mana that acts as a teleport to temple of your hometown?

can you add a crystal that works as a teleport to town?

like at level 20, you can create a portal crystal, for 300~ mana that acts as a teleport to temple of your hometown?

Dunno if its a good idea thinking in wars, etc...

I need think more about it

Dunno if its a good idea thinking in wars, etc...

I need think more about it

i meant outside combat, like no battle sign > 10 second chant > recalls for example.

so you cant recall in combat, and it has a cast timer, if u enter combat, it stops - and the rune isnt used

- - - Updated - - -

found a scary arse dark dragon

Y0wJCiW.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

eihXRqD.jpg

free area minimap! :)

clubby is a legend here already! :p

- - - Updated - - -

Spears added to game (custom sprites, npc and loot)

suggestion for knight spell
Defensive stance - raises shielding by X% and armor by X% but reduces all damage by X% (toggle ability, x mana, lasts 2-5 minutes, can be cast again to turn off?)

also, would it be possible to make players passively regenerate hp/mana at 50% rate regardless of food, and if you eat you regen 100% (for mana sitting etc or hunting)

its something small, but it will help new players a lot, its something i noticed when starting, food is hard to come by if ur broke, or hunting certain monsters, so if u regen at 50% rate without eating anything it just makes it easier on beginning, doesnt effect much once ur a higher level, just means you can hunt skeletons etc without needing to bring 300 ham along :p

Also means that if you suddenly run out of food in the middle of a spawn your not screwed !

Should add some spells for mage exori frigo/exevo frigo hur and avalanche and raise a bit dmg of area runes (i hit 50 with gfb at 31mlv need 20lv to make them and 480 mana for 5...) then add exori con/exori san for pally and exori hur/exori for kina also raise a bit skills for knight its really slow 1.5h training for 30/30? :O then add all items to npc-sell-loot like knight sets and fix hungry i need eat 10 meats to full ;o okay its all now

ok, heres a list of things i think will help keep new players interested when they login

signs around town, giving general information, (shops, town exit,) OR map markers built into the client on download / or a npc that adds them in the temple/outside temple (like a guide npc!)

buffing knights advancement rate, so they dont feel so 'slow paced' compared to the other 2 classes (they can just get straight into hunting hard monsters, even at 30/30 knight struggles to slay simple orcs, and it takes 3times longer to train a knight than a archer)

adding the missing items to the BUY list of npcs (cant sell steel shields, dark helmets, knight helmet, ETC to shops atm, so half the loot goes to waste!)

making players regenerate at a passive rate, without eating food, or make food regenerate you for 2-3x longer than it currently does, but fills you up a lot quicker (10 meat for 3-5 minute regen means the food doesnt last long at all)

change some of the many 'rat and wolf' caves/mountains to different monsters, theres too many rat/wolf/spider/larva hills with no other monsters, makes the monster variety feel boring after a while.
if there was a few more weaker monsters added, like troll/orc strength, with a slightly stronger variant, it would make the server's monster variety feel a lot more impactful.

increase chance for non-equipment drops (food, gold, ammo,)

add some basic Hunting missions/tasks, like kill 50 trolls, 30 orcs, 20 orc warrior, 50 miners, 10-30 dragons, etc, (random amount based on monster difficulty? ie trolls task 50-100, orcs 40-80, warrior 30-60, dragon 20-50?)
reward = gold/exp/random item matching monster difficulty?
(ie kill 20 dragons, hand in, get exp for 10 dragons + some gold + a random item a dragon has the chance to drop, whether its a 10attack hand axe or a 30 attack axe etc, more missions you do, more you improve your chance for loot!)

ill extend the list once ive woken up and remembered the rest of the stuff i wanted to add

::edit::

knights arent very 'tanky' i have the best equipment you can get atm (dragon armor, warrior legs etc) and orcs still hit me for 30-50s with 35/35 skills, can you make knights natural armor / defense values higher ?
being the only class that ~HAS to get hit, it feels really crappy when your pretty geared and a orc is slapping you around like a level 1.
or give them a more reliable way to heal other than potions, and a heal that gives 2-5 hp on average for 20 mana, with 90 mana total, and the slowest mana regen, knights mana is basically useless at the moment

Demon skeletons movement speed is pretty obscene, they move faster than any other monster ive encountered, killing one DS takes more potions than a dragon, just cos u cant outrun him.

Knights need a 'taunt' spell, i mean, what kind of knight cant insult a trolls mother. he needs to piss them off and make them chase him, not his squishy mage friend

ive noticed that the really good caves for exping have a really long 'backtrack' once uve cleared it out, if you could loop them together more efficiently, the exp for low lvls would go up tremendously.
the troll cave north of Lorien east exit for example, has 3 diff caves with trolls, that are Really long, then they suddenly end and you have to jog back for 2minutes with no backspawn, if you added a simple loop or a staircase back up to the main floor (at both ends of the cave floors, not just the entrance) that leads to all 3 for example, the exp would be amazing.

some stronger trolls would be cool too, like orc , orc warrior > troll, troll fighter > troll champion Etc

Last edited:
One more mini update based on the community feedback.

- Light spells duration increased
- Demon skeleton speed is lower now
- Knights have 20% more defense and 20% more armor
- Meat and apple regenerate rate increased
- Drop rate of food,gold and ammo got revised in several monsters

About the "missing items" on npc, we are studying what items we should add on sell list.

We are working on many monsters to add on the first official update.

We need remember one thing: our game isnt and "ot". We are trying to create something fresh and new with new graphics, gameplay, etc

One more mini update based on the community feedback.

- Light spells duration increased
- Demon skeleton speed is lower now
- Knights have 20% more defense and 20% more armor
- Meat and apple regenerate rate increased
- Drop rate of food,gold and ammo got revised in several monsters

About the "missing items" on npc, we are studying what items we should add on sell list.

We are working on many monsters to add on the first official update.

We need remember one thing: our game isnt and "ot". We are trying to create something fresh and new with new graphics, gameplay, etc

awesome. :)

cant wait for the new monsters!

hope you add them all to the npcs, even if the 'good ones' are prem area only or something, otherwise most of the good loot becomes useless once uve looted it once, makes hunting seem more of a chore, than a reward :<

- - - Updated - - -

14:39 Tarathiel: Do you wish to teleport to Elarian post office for 150 gold coins?

she's in the lorien temple, and she teleports you to the elarian temple, not the post office :)

- - - Updated - - -

premium area shops buy armor/legs for more gold, but helmets/etc for less, is this on purpose or an over sight? :p

- - - Updated - - -

basic spawn guide for new players! :)
https://i.imgur.com/okhVcYV.png

View attachment 22069

didnt add everything, just some basic spawns for lvl 1-10s.

- - - Updated - - -

Barbarians give less exp than orcs, but hit 3x harder, but also drop better loot, the exp is too low, or the dmg is too high :p

- - - Updated - - -

a torch as a reward for a quest at the end of a rat cave, thats full of monsters that drop torches is anti climactic!

- - - Updated - - -

NPC erendil in Elarian doesnt respond to anything, is he used for anything yet? or is he there for something later on?

- - - Updated - - -

compared the shop prices between free towns and premium towns, and theres some weird differences, premium shops seem to buy most stuff for less, and some stuff for 1-5 gp more, but mostly the premium shops buy for less

https://i.imgur.com/JTCBe9F.png

JTCBe9F.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

can you allow knights to conjure food too? useful for training etc.

the !online command keeps breaking, sometimes it works, sometimes it does nothing: P

- - - Updated - - -

do you need to restart the server to make the changes take effect? im not noticing any difference with knights defences at the moment :p
16:52 You lose 41 hitpoints due to an attack by a orc. 38/38 skills, dragon armor, dark helmet, warrior legs, iron shield, iron axe,
orcs still hit for 20-50, not noticing a difference between the damage they dealt at 15/15 and now at 38/38

Last edited:
Some fix:

- Barbarians exp fixed
- Erendil is npc for blessings, we will improve their conversation
- Tarathiel npc wrong spelling fixed

Erendil is the blessing NPC

The prices of items are different in town on proprose. Players need find where is the best place to sell loot.

No way to knight conjure food. :D

!online command has been removed. There are a place on website where you can see online players.

I need restart to Knights changes take effect

I don't know where you were looking fro graphics, but authors might find this offensive.

Dragon - Zezenia Wiki - for example this one??

Thanks for the info. All graphics that are copyrighted we REALLY wanna remove.

We hired a artist just to replace the graphics we took "as free" from the internet.

Btw, i would like for more feedback. ^_^

Last edited:
Not sure though if it is copyrighted. Just saw that dragon somewhere.
Still, great job here.

Not sure though if it is copyrighted. Just saw that dragon somewhere.
Still, great job here.

If you found something more, tell me please.

We are working on a big graphics upgrade with our new artist. Wait for more info!

the dragons are similar, but theyre not quite the same as that zezenia one you posted, the skin color, scales and spikes and eyes are slightly different

server looks very interesting... i like your activity and your openness to suggestions. Just might try this out :D.

server looks very interesting... i like your activity and your openness to suggestions. Just might try this out :D.

Ty. Play a little bit and give us some feedback to improve the game. Also like our facebook page to more information.

just finished doing a damage comparison between mage, knight and archer

archer with 50 distance can hit upto 150s,average of 40-100 single target
mage with 30 magic level can hit 130s with fire wave, consistent 100+ multi target
knight with 46 axe can hit 90s single target, average of 20-50

knight's damage is pretty poor in comparison to the others, as theyre the only pure-melee class, that has to take damage to deal damage, i think they need a slight buff to improve the solo-play capability
also, group-play possiblity of having 2+ knights, 1 tanks full def, other full attack doing damage, atm wouldn't be very viable, because a mage and archer do more damage and are far safer to tank for

balancing knight damage a bit would help balance the power-ratio between the 3 classes :)

- - - Updated - - -

ps you forgot to add iron shields to the weapon npc buy lists <3

anyway, im off to bed, ill be on tomorrow sometime ! night all

more updates:

- basic weapons and armors added on npcs. Now its easier to sell loot.
- Knights damage increased 10%. Lets see if its enought.

We are working already in a bigger update that includes:

- new/revamped respaws
- new EXCLUSIVE graphic pack
- some tweaks

We are studying some system to add like crafiting or forge. Stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom