• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, when you get up to higher tiered equipment, just buying a T4 from another player will be -much- better then hoping that your T1 and T2 collection will actually upgrade.. it gets pretty hard to actually get the higher tiers of equipment.

if my math is right .25% to upgrade t1-3 .0125% t1-t4 XD good luck people, i dont see it hapening (t4+ imposible :eek: )

The server has potential, but at the moment the server gets bored quite fast. Despite it not being that exciting I do want to come back every now and then. Unlike other servers to which I got a little addictive in the past is that I can't play here non-stop for many hours since I just get too bored.

The main reason for the boredom is that there are little changes for the players. You start at level 8 with a few spells and you won't get any new spell till level 50 which is a huge bummer for me since the way you hunt doesn't change at all.

There are only a few hunting places and you will be stuck there for quite some time since you won't be able to go t more dangerous monsters without quite a team, which isn't ideal either (more about that later). Not getting new spells plays a part in this. New spells are often a power boost that allows you to hunt something easier or allows you to go to the 'next' hunting area. Right now it takes you quite some hours of grinding at a small spawn with weak monsters that respawn very fast.
If you manage to kill more difficult monsters you will most likely die by the backspawn and if you do you loses quite some exp and skills which makes it take longer till you can hunt somewhere else.

You could hunt those more difficult monsters in a team, but the chance of getting a mini boss is much bigger than. With a nice team you will be fighting mini bosses almost non-stop which is good for the loot, but you are kinda fighting 3 monsters at the same time plus the non-mini boss monster which makes it much harder. Quest are already hard, but when almost every monster you kill becomes a mini boss and when some mini bosses die it becomes an other mini boss it's really hard. I would suggest not to increase the chance on a mini boss when hunting in a party but increasing the drop chance instead.

What I also miss is a story line or quests where you have to solve something. Right now there are only a few quests which are just run into the spawn, kill the mobs, open the chest or kill the boss quests. Only difference with other quests like those are that these are really due to a lot of monsters and/or the problem of fighting mini bosses non-stop.

I also wonder how vocations that focus on massive AoE damage will be useful in teams later on since they will most likely kill there own team members. I especially wonder this since spike traps paralyses team members, even on levels where pvp protection is on. This can really mess things up for your team mates.

Managing AoE attacks and fields has always been apart of the GAMEPLAY of Tibia.. It's not safe, you actually have to coordinate with your team with positioning, which to me makes for much better game play.

Also, part of the "boredom" you are experience is probably due to this being Alpha, and we haven't added in some of the interesting quests.. in general, I am against alpha and beta testing as the testers will almost never view it as such, and view it as the finished final product.. but it is motivating to have people around on the server, it helps with development, so it's a double edge sword.

Increasing the drop chance of loot instead of the mini-boss chance when you are in a party? Thats.. just babifying the game, and gives WAY too much of an advantage to party game-play without any recoil

If it's alpha, and were supposed to find bugs .. check out he game play .. help gives tips and ideas, than why the hell is there exp / skill loss?
Doesn't make sense too me. It's just alpha, so why not remove it til real game play?

I will say it IS very hard to level after level 20, and Party Experience is total bullshit lol.

I do die by Backspawn all the time as well... But if we take it off then the hunting spawns don't have enough creatures. (We will have to expand all the hunting spawns soon so we can solve the issue of monsters spawning on top of you)

I think monsters could do with SLIGHTLY less damage, Party Members should not hit each other, BUT I will say Mini Bosses spawning too often in a party CAN be fixed but I think instead we will fix the backspawn problem and that will fix that issue as well.

- - - Updated - - -

And the reason why we have deathloss? Well how would we know that it is nearly impossible for a normal player to get above level 20 right now? Deathloss is NEEDED (when the actual server comes out you will also lose your BP when you die)

If it's alpha, and were supposed to find bugs .. check out he game play .. help gives tips and ideas, than why the hell is there exp / skill loss?
Doesn't make sense too me. It's just alpha, so why not remove it til real game play?

Because we want to judge progression of the actual game, if the conditions of death weren't the same, you'd just die to monsters to go back to town faster, and we'd have no clue if the monsters were tough or not, or if there is any challenge at all.. people would not fear death, and it would actually become apart of their game play.

You are suppose to avoid death at all costs on Tibia.

I think monsters could do with SLIGHTLY less damage, Party Members should not hit each other, BUT I will say Mini Bosses spawning too often in a party CAN be fixed but I think instead we will fix the backspawn problem and that will fix that issue as well.
dwarf geo can hit 300ish dwarf guard boss can hit 300ish elf king[boss] hits 400 and has insane hp, think i support knocking down the difficulty a little

Because we want to judge progression of the actual game, if the conditions of death weren't the same, you'd just die to monsters to go back to town faster, and we'd have no clue if the monsters were tough or not, or if there is any challenge at all.. people would not fear death, and it would actually become apart of their game play.

You are suppose to avoid death at all costs on Tibia.
5 deaths today 1 time my fault, and i usually lose more xp than i can gain between crashes :(

i know i know, shit happens, its alpha, jsut sayin i cant lv past 30~

Alright I guess you do make a good point with the exp loss.
I'm gonna make a warrior before I get too far with my mage lol, no mana shield, and I die instantly to a shit ton of things. EXP for cycs should be raised, Bonelords are weaker, and are far better for hunting.

Managing AoE attacks and fields has always been apart of the GAMEPLAY of Tibia.. It's not safe, you actually have to coordinate with your team with positioning, which to me makes for much better game play.

Also, part of the "boredom" you are experience is probably due to this being Alpha, and we haven't added in some of the interesting quests.. in general, I am against alpha and beta testing as the testers will almost never view it as such, and view it as the finished final product.. but it is motivating to have people around on the server, it helps with development, so it's a double edge sword.

Increasing the drop chance of loot instead of the mini-boss chance when you are in a party? Thats.. just babifying the game, and gives WAY too much of an advantage to party game-play without any recoil

I also like it when you have to be careful with your spells when in a party, but I assumed that there are vocations with almost only AoE spells, if this is not the case you can ignore this paragraph. When you have only AoE spells you can barely hit monsters when you are with a big party.

The stories about RoA made my expectations be so high that I short of forgot that it was alpha testing and not (late) beta testing.

The increased drop chance for party idea is that you often make big parties so you can hunt something bigger, something more dangerous or do that difficult quest. Now it sometimes seems like a party doesn't makes it easier at all and maybe even make it more dangerous. That can be frustrating at quests when you've finally cleared almost an entire room and the last monster turns into a boss, which also turns into a boss and then everything respawns and some extra monsters get lured from kiting the wave of bosses.

aww.. i like the speed boost wolf shift gives u.. if it makes ur atks melee u should get a speed boost..
also i love the fact that monsters still spawn when ur there and i hate all the crybaby bitches complaining about it

its kinda funny actually how much ppl are complaining about the deathloss (get over it) and lack of content (its alpha QQ)

seriously.....work all night get home wanna play on RoA and its always offline -_-

I'm guess the exp rate was highered because it's alpha and you want people to test stuff faster right? or will this be the exp during release too?

Website doesn't seem to be going anywhere and 1/1 isn't working, anybody know where I can create my account/character?

Well the botters at trainers are getting smarter, now they put it to auto atk monsters so I can't lure rotworms and kill them anymore :(

Experience was raised and website is offline.

ROA Alpha testing is currently being exclusive to the people who have already made accounts. (JUST FOR NOW)

I think the website was leading to the cause of the crashes. Testing and experimenting shit out until I figure it out..

- HeartlessX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back