• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give us some info about what exactly are we looking for? What kind of things could be provoking this?

Over the last few days we eliminated the following possible crash sources:
Actions
Movements - Fixed one crash with this
Global Events
Raids
SQL Database
Server Revisions
Talkactions
Most of Creature Events
Most of Spells

Things we haven't looked into at all really:
NPCs
Disable all Custom Spells
Disable Mini-Boss system
and lastly of course The will of God,
because it is possible that this server just isn't meant to be and god has smote us.

Can u tell us when server will be up? :( today or tommorow?

- - - Updated - - -

Can u tell us when server will be up? :( today or tommorow?

Fuck God, If u guys run more tests like the ones yesterday, Im sure you can get into it. (Wasnt the mini-boss system implemented AFTER the crashes started?)

Fuck God, If u guys run more tests like the ones yesterday, Im sure you can get into it. (Wasnt the mini-boss system implemented AFTER the crashes started?)

We fixed a Save error that was caused by the server save which would literally DDOS the server itself.
- This was the original issue that was causing most of the crashes
We fixed a Movements Crash that would crash the server if a summon (skeleton) walked over the level 50 line south of elves.
- This was created when we put custom spells in, and was probably 1/10th of the crashes.
Server still crashed last night after fixing the 2nd one. (Don't know if it was a DDOS crash or a physical server crash)

I do have the server up on my PC, when no one is online hunting/training/etc. No crashes ever occur.
I ran around the server on my admin and killed every single creature in the game - No Crashes. I summoned hundreds of every type of boss monster - No crashes. I tried talking to every NPC in the starting town and turning in the missions. - Still nada.

Maybe it has something to do with pking.. or the death system in general?

Maybe it has something to do with pking.. or the death system in general?

Last night we opened the server and summoned like over a thousand monsters, and had everyone die, kill shit, pk, and everything in a very small area and there was no crash/lag or whatever.

I am thinking it is the NPCs. It is the only thing left that I haven't re-scripted and made better. (I should say made correctly, not better, all the old scripts were made by a 13 year old crack addict with ADD and autism)

Maybe the "random luck" script is still trying to be used in the new alpha but some files were lost/corrupted? and whenever it happens to someone it crashes the server?

Maybe the "random luck" script is still trying to be used in the new alpha but some files were lost/corrupted? and whenever it happens to someone it crashes the server?

Great idea, but it is one of the things we have already taken out because we thought the same thing. Glad some other people are thinking though :p.
I really do think it is NPCs, there are some WEIRD ass NPCs in this server.

Did you know for some messed up reason there is a NPC that tries to do a server save? why? why would a NPC do a server save? (Found this out this morning)

Great idea, but it is one of the things we have already taken out because we thought the same thing. Glad some other people are thinking though :p.
I really do think it is NPCs, there are some WEIRD ass NPCs in this server.

Did you know for some messed up reason there is a NPC that tries to do a server save? why? why would a NPC do a server save? (Found this out this morning)

hmm alright i'll keep trying to think of what might be causing it

only reason i could possibly think of is death also had some wierd save/crash bug and that may have been his solution or somthing
i vote kill ALL the npcs test :p

only reason i could possibly think of is death also had some wierd save/crash bug and that may have been his solution or somthing
i vote kill ALL the npcs test :p

yeah.. host it one time with no npcs?

Maybe crash if someone use deco on tomb or graves (ghoul, skeleton etc spawn)

Status
Not open for further replies.