• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like great stuff and you guys are putting a mass amount of effort into this which is great, I'll definitely play.
The only thing that's frustrating me with this server is the amount of botters and bots which are currently being experienced, is this something you're looking into clamping down? The OT is actively looked after by members of the team and it's Alpha but I really don't want botters ruining the server when we're in beta, for example.

We are hoping the Bounty Hunter system will help players control botting themselves.

After we complete the Bounty Hunter system when you die in PvP you will drop your backpack. Since Botters are the easiest thing in the world to kill, they will just become free money to farm.

When the server goes online for real, botting will not be allowed.

The issue with this is, I personally am not going to go around banning botters. I don't want 500 people spamming me with bot reports either.
I don't think Sportacus or Heartless like the idea of a Full-Time Anti-Botter Job either.
Plus making tutors or GMs always leads to abuse of power.

Personally I hate botting, I kill botters every time I see one, I ENJOY killing botters for profit and I like it when they get online and message me saying i'm hunted. It is funny because, it is way harder to kill a player than a bot, so he will need a lot of help if he plans on killing me.

Personally I think it is up to you players to stop botters, power abusers, loot stealers, and other "criminals". We are giving you all the tools you need to battle these types of players.
We even made it so you can rope dragons to the training monks if you want to kill AFK people below level 20.
I think there won't be too much of a botter problem when the server comes out :). Personally I will be killing them for their loot.

- - - Updated - - -

False. Server back down.

- HeartlessX

Did you check houses?

@Up

Yeah a lot of the things you say are true, but most botters are not really AFK botters. They will just watch a movie or TV, and when a alarm goes off that a player is attacking them, they will disable the bot and fight back.

how are you supposed to ban them then?
If they are doing something else but could react to a scripted gm alarm how could you prove they were botting?
I think flats stance is the correct one because I cant imagine it being fun or useful having to spend 90% of your time dealing with botters and people complaining about them or acusing others.

A way to get rid of botters;

If you are gaining exp, you need to repeat a random combination of numbers, like this; 2:3:7:2:7 (without the : ) every 30 min. If you dont, you will not gain exp untill you have repeated the combination.

A way to get rid of botters;

If you are gaining exp, you need to repeat a random combination of numbers, like this; 2:3:7:2:7 (without the : ) every 30 min. If you dont, you will not gain exp untill you have repeated the combination.

I believe there's way's to bypass this with elf;)
and is it offline again? It's not lettin me login

Yes it is easy to script a solution to almost anything in Elfbot or Tibiabot NG.

The best way to kill botting, is to make botting not as profitable as hunting manually.

Botters usually hunt easier monsters so they have a smaller chance of dieing. We will need to make the harder monsters better experience and loot than you can make botting.

Also if you notice someone botting just start killing them. Even if they come back and fight, doesn't mean you can't win :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back