• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Species Colony 9.81 -War-Server- ☼Weekly Updates☼

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
What Client Version Should We Update To?

That's Right!
Species is coming back, and believe it or not, it is better than ever!

Hope this countdown helps those of you who live elsewhere.
Countdown to Aug 9, 2013 6:00 PM in Dallas

You can learn more about it in the Discussion Thread for Species War - Colony.

IP: speciescolony.no-ip.biz
Port: 7171
Client: 9.81 (Subject to change)
You can get Client 9.81 and a IP Changer for it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8bbs5oh0c4z4fuc/oYJ74uBuj_
Hosted in: Texas (On a custom-built system specifically made for OT Servers)
Map: Made by a group of Species Fans and Experienced Mappers
Runes and Potions: Infinite

For more information visit the Discussion Thread!
Species War - Colony.

Last edited:
Friday not a good day for me :/ ill probably get on Saturday, anyway looking forward to this hopefully it turns out nice!

Recommended, awesome developer.. Gunna check it out aswell, ofcourseeee

ill play it for sure ur my favorite server developer <3

Wow, thanks guys.

I got a TON done this weekend for the server. The map is looking great (Probably because I'm not the one mapping it, haha), and most of the scripts are in and working correctly.

The Gate Captain is in and we are currently testing how difficult it is to get inside the gate.
We are doing it with a team of 5, so it takes a long time to defeat, which is good, because once there are 50 people rushing your base, you will want your Gate Captain to put up a decent fight to slow them down so you can get back to your base and defend your king.

I have now realized that the more I work on this server, the more ideas I have to make it better.
So after the server opens on Friday, I will be releasing weekly updates until I feel the server is an extremely fun, balanced, and long lasting war server.

The words Long Lasting and War sound so guud in my ear.. OTscene lacks war servers for europeans (literally)

I will do everything I can to eliminate lag, If you do experience ping issues because a tibia server is overseas, you can use ReduceTheLag (which is what I use when playing servers overseas)

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good, now about vocations do you think they are all pretty well balanced? or does each vocation have like a certain role with a pro and con?

Vocations are going through the most balance testing I have ever done.
Each class will have roles they can fill better than other races.
Knights(Warriors) can tank better because they have higher base max health and have a shield which reduces damage.
Paladins(Archers) can single target DPS better because they have the highest weapon damage.
Sorcerers(Mages) can AOE groups better. (I'm also thinking about making their Wands do burst arrow area damage, because I always enjoyed older tibia PvP, and think this would help the mage fill their role better)

But each class will be capable of filling any role, depending how you level it up and what equipment you buy. The goal is to let players customize their character to give them a slight edge in battle that compliments their play-style.

Finally after a few years, the server I've been wanting to come back up, has now

No more one hitting knights with raining arrows :[

Haha yes, balancing means you won't have the fun of being overpowered. But you can replace that with the fun of being skilled enough to win without needing to be overpowered :p.

so each species will have these same vocations? knight pally and sorc? will any one species be better at a voc than a different voc-species? like say an elf is the naturally better archer than a orc or something?

Back