• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Using Flash Client in Ots

Then stop complaining, it won't get you anywhere
I am not complaining fool, I am expressing my opinion of the status of otland and communities like it, if you don't like it.. tough shit.

I am not complaining fool, I am expressing my opinion of the status of otland and communities like it, if you don't like it.. tough shit.
Keep your opinion for yourself, no one asked you about it. If you like what you're doing then keep doing it. Leechers are leechers, by time they will have to learn even if everything is in-front of them. No one refuses to learn, at some point, everyone must learn, whether they like it or not. If you don't want to help someone then just don't. No need to make a deal about it and act like a smart-ass to just show us how of an educated man you are compared to others here.

Keep your opinion for yourself, no one asked you about it. If you like what you're doing then keep doing it. Leechers are leechers, by time they will have to learn even if everything is in-front of them. No one refuses to learn, at some point, everyone must learn, whether they like it or not. If you don't want to help someone then just don't. No need to make a deal about it and act like a smart-ass to just show us how of an educated man you are compared to others here.
I don't need your approval or consent to do what I do on these on these forums, I didn't read the rest of your drivel because you sir and people who think like you are part of the problem.

I've written some comments related to this thread here: https://github.com/otland/forgotten...2fedbce905022abd547e9b#commitcomment-17398256, but have yet to comment in this thread because I personally don't care about the flash client (or the 11.0 client for that matter), and because there are some people who are so stubborn that it's a waste of time to argue with them. I don't mean this as a personal attack towards anyone, it's simply my reason for often avoiding discussions where I don't think my contribution will affect the outcome.

OTClient is much more interesting and deserves more attention. My hope is that OTClient becomes the default for OT-servers. You're basically choosing between limitations with a proprietary client, or endless possibilities with a free, open-source client. Yes, there are more factors that come into play, but it's not unthinkable that OTClient can eliminate those factors with some work.

Unfortunately, the toxic attitude of some community members is resulting in a kind of groupthink that is bad for OpenTibia. You need to stop worrying about the leechers, back in 2005 I was one of them. This is how free open-source projects work. Can you even imagine how much money corporations have made from running their business on top of Linux servers without contributing anything back at all? Has it made kernel hackers stop contributing? No, they're smarter than that, and you should be too.
I agree that OT client should be the way to go aswell my only problem with it atm (not sure if it happens to others) is that the tibia client seems to be much smoother compared to it.. I have been trying to learn some c++ but cant seem to work out how to fix it >.<

I don't need your approval or consent to do what I do on these on these forums, I didn't read the rest of your drivel because you sir and people who think like you are part of the problem.
This is your problem. You think that you are always right, you never read anything unless you write it yourself. Anyways, I won't take this any further as it is a waste of time when it comes to you.

Have a nice day

I've written some comments related to this thread here: https://github.com/otland/forgotten...2fedbce905022abd547e9b#commitcomment-17398256, but have yet to comment in this thread because I personally don't care about the flash client (or the 11.0 client for that matter), and because there are some people who are so stubborn that it's a waste of time to argue with them. I don't mean this as a personal attack towards anyone, it's simply my reason for often avoiding discussions where I don't think my contribution will affect the outcome.

OTClient is much more interesting and deserves more attention. My hope is that OTClient becomes the default for OT-servers. You're basically choosing between limitations with a proprietary client, or endless possibilities with a free, open-source client. Yes, there are more factors that come into play, but it's not unthinkable that OTClient can eliminate those factors with some work.

Unfortunately, the toxic attitude of some community members is resulting in a kind of groupthink that is bad for OpenTibia. You need to stop worrying about the leechers, back in 2005 I was one of them. This is how free open-source projects work. Can you even imagine how much money corporations have made from running their business on top of Linux servers without contributing anything back at all? Has it made kernel hackers stop contributing? No, they're smarter than that, and you should be too.

I agree with you about OTClient and i need to add that OTClient is immensely important for alternative tibia projects.
About the leeching comment, kernel hackers continues to contribute to linux because they see linux as something important. The community maybe is lacking the sense of value that make people contribute.

Appreciate the comments.
As you've pointed out, the OT community in general has been on the decline for years.
Hence my motivation to break out of our little niche and expand the accessibility of the project/story I've been working on.

My interest in the flash client is purely due to its ability to be web-based and contained.
The functionality of the flash client is top notch, even if the platform decision was a fail.

It's a great base for a web-based client.

Getting a web-based OTClient feels like a pipe-dream, and even then - it would be unlikely to ever be at the level of polish that the flash client has.

This is where my head is at, it just seems like the most logical progression as far as a web-based client is concerned.

@Leo32 work has been leeched like my release of the tibia 11 QT Client. Now look at main global servers, they all will get flash client and new tibia client without giving anything back. They never give anything back. Besides some other leecher that could never make flash client work by him self will just sell it to some others leechers. Its how opentibia is today and each time we release something great for free its how things are played. I don't know how mark accept all this shit.

Yes the majority of my progress on the flash client has been leeched.
I'm not a programmer and I don't pretend to be.

I can moderately interpret object-oriented code and splice existing code together, but I don't have the skill-set to reverse engineer it - nor do I have any real back-end knowledge of the tibia client->server spec.

Making new tech accessible will both result in copy/paste servers using them;
But it also gives the creative types the means to make great things without needing to be highly experienced programmers/reverse engineers.

This is normal,
This is expected,
This is open-source.

Last edited:
@Leo32, @whitevo, @zbizu getting Flash client sorted poses as milestone forward creating HTML5 client, which as experienced web developer I am resarching on.

I think about approaching it as reverse engineering network communication and mimicking it on HTML5 - but isin't better resarched executable client more suited for that?

In other hand getting hold of Flash client poses way of easier and more flexible changes of client itself without actually writing core of it.

Could You elaborate on that?

Last edited:
@Leo32, @whitevo, @zbizu getting Flash client sorted poses as milestone forward creating HTML5 client, which as experienced web developer I am resarching on.

I think about approaching it as reverse engineering network communication and mimicking it on HTML5 - but isin't better resarched executable client more suited for that?

In other hand getting hold of Flash client poses way of easier and more flexible changes of client itself without actually writing core of it.

Isint OTClient enough to make a client in HTML5? In there you can find everything you need, more or less. :)

https://otland.net/threads/otclient-on-browser-via-emscripten.241028/
This can help you, I think xd

I Tried to put it to tfs 1.2 (protocol 10.95)
Im using the Leo32 base.

On php flashlogin.php Appears:
Client [IP] has connected on port 48656
Client [IP] has requested: <policy-file-request/>
Sending trusted.xml contents back to [IP]​

On TFS distro don't appears nothing.

I'm Getting this error when login in flashclient:
Lost connection to the game server. Please close the client and try again.​

How to solve it? Could someone help me?
Please, REP+

Reviving this thread, did anyone solved the problem with the minimap? anyone has a few hints about it?

Reviving this thread too, someone have some advancement on this? i wanna use it on 10.98-10.99

Back