• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Using Flash Client in Ots

almost. The more I make stuff the more I see its still code made to copy tibia. But its still epic!

Btw, why we want flash client so badly? If you ask me this looks ugly and downloadable client is much easier to manage imo.

Simpler concept I guess?
It just feels like the next logical step?

Definitely more aesthetically pleasing, don't know why you think its uglier!
  • As far as the user is concerned, everything would be contained to your website.
  • Your creation would be accessible to anyone, they wouldn't even need to know about Tibia.
  • As with OTClient, its much easier to eliminate any sort of botting when you are in control of the client.

Simpler concept I guess?
It just feels like the next logical step?

Definitely more aesthetically pleasing, don't know why you think its uglier!
  • As far as the user is concerned, everything would be contained to your website.
  • Your creation would be accessible to anyone, they wouldn't even need to know about Tibia.
  • As with OTClient, its much easier to eliminate any sort of botting when you are in control of the client.
I guess im oldschooler.
I like the way Blizzard works.
Download Client > press the play > automatic everything > have fun.

I guess im oldschooler.
I like the way Blizzard works.

As you probably know, Flash client is literally that:

So yeah, it just ticks all the boxes...

As you probably know, Flash client is literally that:

So yeah, it just ticks all the boxes...
expect I don't like the game runs in browser like runescape.

Issue with ladders not working while usable items where placed on top was due to using an incorrect protocol version.
Flash client is effectively ready for basic use/testing all scenarios for possible bugs.

I'll set up a public github repo soon.
I'm still really surprised that it's been 4 years and this is has really been the only real development I've been able to source on the flash client for OTs.

ZPNaRQbkF.jpg

Working perfect !

Good on you @Leo32, I respect the fact that you are giving back to the community! These clowns complaining that the community doesn't contribute anything and then do exactly that by withholding their findings from the community as a whole. It's true that everyone was a leech at some point until they either give up or learn and become proactive in the community. I'm glad you have been successful in your project bro! You will be the one getting recognition from all the top contributors in the Open Tibia community.

Good on you @Leo32, I respect the fact that you are giving back to the community! These clowns complaining that the community doesn't contribute anything and then do exactly that by withholding their findings from the community as a whole. It's true that everyone was a leech at some point until they either give up or learn and become proactive in the community. I'm glad you have been successful in your project bro! You will be the one getting recognition from all the top contributors in the Open Tibia community.
This is why we need to encourage people to learn, not just hand them scripts, tools etc...

The moderators are either inactive or the ones which are active only encourage this behavior... a community is not healthy if the vast majority of it are takers.

If you want a community to thrive people need to start educating themselves and contribute, not just requesting concepts which have been done to death.

Also proper documentation of the framework would be helpful as well, which hasn't been given almost ever.

@Leo32 work has been leeched like my release of the tibia 11 QT Client. Now look at main global servers, they all will get flash client and new tibia client without giving anything back. They never give anything back. Besides some other leecher that could never make flash client work by him self will just sell it to some others leechers. Its how opentibia is today and each time we release something great for free its how things are played. I don't know how mark accept all this shit.

@Leo32 work has been leeched like my release of the tibia 11 QT Client. Now look at main global servers, they all will get flash client and new tibia client without giving anything back. They never give anything back. Besides some other leecher that could never make flash client work by him self will just sell it to some others leechers. Its how opentibia is today and each time we release something great for free its how things are played. I don't know how mark accept all this shit.
How does one resolve that though? Surely this has been brought up before..

How does one resolve that though? Surely this has been brought up before..
No solution. The problem is way bigger than this community. The problem is money, capitalism. There is no meritocracy where money is involved. Nor there a "community" when money is involved.

No solution. The problem is way bigger than this community. The problem is money, capitalism. There is no meritocracy where money is involved. Nor there a "community" when money is involved.
do not talk about money, trump is going to hit us :(
ontopic.
kill the leechers

:'( I dont like the truth..

I've written some comments related to this thread here: https://github.com/otland/forgotten...2fedbce905022abd547e9b#commitcomment-17398256, but have yet to comment in this thread because I personally don't care about the flash client (or the 11.0 client for that matter), and because there are some people who are so stubborn that it's a waste of time to argue with them. I don't mean this as a personal attack towards anyone, it's simply my reason for often avoiding discussions where I don't think my contribution will affect the outcome.

OTClient is much more interesting and deserves more attention. My hope is that OTClient becomes the default for OT-servers. You're basically choosing between limitations with a proprietary client, or endless possibilities with a free, open-source client. Yes, there are more factors that come into play, but it's not unthinkable that OTClient can eliminate those factors with some work.

Unfortunately, the toxic attitude of some community members is resulting in a kind of groupthink that is bad for OpenTibia. You need to stop worrying about the leechers, back in 2005 I was one of them. This is how free open-source projects work. Can you even imagine how much money corporations have made from running their business on top of Linux servers without contributing anything back at all? Has it made kernel hackers stop contributing? No, they're smarter than that, and you should be too.

I've written some comments related to this thread here: https://github.com/otland/forgotten...2fedbce905022abd547e9b#commitcomment-17398256, but have yet to comment in this thread because I personally don't care about the flash client (or the 11.0 client for that matter), and because there are some people who are so stubborn that it's a waste of time to argue with them. I don't mean this as a personal attack towards anyone, it's simply my reason for often avoiding discussions where I don't think my contribution will affect the outcome.

OTClient is much more interesting and deserves more attention. My hope is that OTClient becomes the default for OT-servers. You're basically choosing between limitations with a proprietary client, or endless possibilities with a free, open-source client. Yes, there are more factors that come into play, but it's not unthinkable that OTClient can eliminate those factors with some work.

Unfortunately, the toxic attitude of some community members is resulting in a kind of groupthink that is bad for OpenTibia. You need to stop worrying about the leechers, back in 2005 I was one of them. This is how free open-source projects work. Can you even imagine how much money corporations have made from running their business on top of Linux servers without contributing anything back at all? Has it made kernel hackers stop contributing? No, they're smarter than that, and you should be too.
Its not just the leechers or people like myself with piss poor attitudes towards the leechers or staff members who encourage this type of behavior, it is about people who refuse to learn anything that not only will help themselves but help others as well... a well informed, well educated community is a healthy community.

There is just no incentive for people to strive to be anything but lazy in this community...

Its not just the leechers or people like myself with piss poor attitudes towards the leechers or staff members who encourage this type of behavior, it is about people who refuse to learn anything that not only will help themselves but help others as well... a well informed, well educated community is a healthy community.

There is just no incentive for people to strive to be anything but lazy in this community...
If you don't like this community, either quit or create your own healthy community :)

Back