• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

(Venting) A serious question

Dude it died after 30 days, idont think u can speech about ots :p Maybe dont make p2w, maybe dont make shitty updates, maybe dont make server crash almost daily and it would still have a playerbase
Anyways i dont see custom rpgs coming anytime soon, we can only play bot servers maybe sands of time will be good but i dont have much hope anymore
Firstly if you want to spit out some hate like little vengeful kid, do it in proper place.

How is not the proper place? U replied to mine after I said urs ots was something to look forweard to and talked about ur ots, but as we see it ended with big disapointments.

Players still want longterm good rpg ots but we just need a good one to exist, maybe it can be sands of time. i dont know but its only one that we can look forward too ight now

I probably won't be able to satisfy the playing community, thus I struggle to even try.
I am trying though, but rarely end up with anything worth investing in.

Can we just have an advertisement section made for ONLY the Rl-tards who think they have something going for themselves..

I wish this too, but at the same time when i think what happened with otfans..
I hope my server can (soon) satisfy your needs :)

Whats fact is fact, Nothing "OT" Related is coming out anymore except mostly just RL clone projects with nothing unique other then events or a custom nothing filled island.. 0 creativity at all anymore and I've got basic fact and proof and for anyone here to actually oppose to this is okay it's your opinion but i'd ask that you take a moment to check out the advertisement section before saying anything pretending to be a know it all.. Any good OT Maker just lost interest back in 2016 and quit trying after they made their quick buck

also @Stanos why you even commented with that nonsense just makes no sense.. why spam for a post count? Can we get a post delete or somthing due to complete irrelevance to the topic at hand

@Znote Make a subforum for RL Projects ONLY And allow those people to have their own dead thread while actual OT Defined servers have a chance to not be flooded off the front page with another "UNIQUE FUN RL PROJECT YOU CAN LVL SO FAST OMFG!" server

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but not everything revolve around what you want. Real map servers are popular and in demand.
You seem very upset, but I can assure you there are plenty of custom servers out there. You refer us to Advertisement board. I would like to refer you there as well and take another look.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but not everything revolve around what you want. Real map servers are popular and in demand.
You seem very upset, but I can assure you there are plenty of custom servers out there. You refer us to Advertisement board. I would like to refer you there as well and take another look.
what a waste of a mod position you turned out to be as expected.. Great response when clearly i'm not the only one that has the same opinion.. Again I expected mods specifically like you to do nothing so the community can continue to die and dwindle till the owner decides paying for this means nothing anymore

If you're searching for a place to take out your anger, you're at the wrong place.
OTLand is continuing to grow yet to this day. Have you checked the traffic on the website? Clearly, not.

What are you trying to accomplish by being rude?
There are a lot of custom servers online, your "facts" are in fact, not facts, and purely subjective.

The proposal of having a separate section for RL servers with slight twists and another for more customized servers is an idea I could get behind. Making it easier and more organized for people looking to find a more suitable server. People like OP might feel more prompted to look up servers when neatly organized rather than a pile of mess, and there are probably more people with the same mindset.

People who solely wants to play custom servers will otherwise have to filter out the RL servers manually in their mind and it becomes more off-putting, leading to players not finding server they potentially otherwise would play.

Don't see the justification for blaming Kaspar for being "useless", he's doing his job, putting in time and effort cost-free for the community and honestly I think people should be more grateful. He simply pointed out that there indeed are custom servers out there, and he ain't wrong in saying that. Now whether these custom servers fulfill your criterias is a different story.

Being rude is just a waste of time & energy, if you have ideas for improvement and it's a good one, then people will get behind it and we can reach a consensus more easily without headaches.

Last edited:
I've voiced this opinion countless times is where the frustration is.. and Kaspar has just been a nuisance to this forum since he joined and hasn't changed even after receiving a title.

I would also like to see more custom servers, but it is hard to match Cipsoft. After all they had many years to develop and several developers for that matter.

I've voiced this opinion countless times is where the frustration is.. and Kaspar has just been a nuisance to this forum since he joined and hasn't changed even after receiving a title.
The only nuisance here seem to be you. You're being extremely negative and are unpleasant throughout this discussion.
On the first page of Advertisement board, 9 out of the total amount of 17 advertised servers, are based on custom maps. That's more than 50%.
The real map based servers often include customized content as well.

Imagine me smashing my head on a concrete wall saying that there is no concrete in the world.
If you can't find a server that you can spend your precious time on, at least try to have a proper discussion about it rather than just embarrassing yourself in the most immature way possible.

The only sensible thing you've said, is the suggestion about making Advertisement board more organized with map based filters.
And even that, you couldn't present in a proper way, i.e on our Feedback board.

Lastly, if you have any concerns about my moderation, feel free to make a proper complaint about it here (if you are capable of such a demanding task).

The only nuisance here seem to be you. You're being extremely negative and are unpleasant throughout this discussion.
On the first page of Advertisement board, 9 out of the total amount of 17 advertised servers, are based on custom maps. That's more than 50%.
The real map based servers often include customized content as well.

Imagine me smashing my head on a concrete wall saying that there is no concrete in the world.
If you can't find a server that you can spend your precious time on, at least try to have a proper discussion about it rather than just embarrassing yourself in the most immature way possible.

The only sensible thing you've said, is the suggestion about making Advertisement board more organized with map based filters.
And even that, you couldn't present in a proper way, i.e on our Feedback board.

Lastly, if you have any concerns about my moderation, feel free to make a proper complaint about it here (if you are capable of such a demanding task).
Maybe its better idea to make two categories of servers by client? Otclient and Vanilla/edited Cipsofts clients? Its quite often in many gaming communities to separate servers based on opensource software and basic made by game dev.

I personally do not think that it is too time consuming to scroll through Advertisement board.
Your concerns have been duly noted nonetheless. I will bring the discussion up together with the rest of my fellow staff members.

For frequent visitors of OTLand I don't think it's much of a problem. But for people who don't visit that often or people who only visit for the sole reason of finding a server to play I can imagine it easily becoming overwhelming and very off-putting having to go through 80% of servers that you know you don't have any interest in. A filter for host location (NA/SA/EU) would probably also make it more appealing.

I'm not talking for myself, I don't play OT anymore and only stating this for the greater good for the community. I think this slight improvements can make a great difference for these people.

I personally do not think that it is too time consuming to scroll through Advertisement board.
Your concerns has been duly noted nonetheless. I will bring the discussion up together with the rest of my fellow staff members.

I don't think you have to bring it up.
We're all adults here.
Also, that's why orservlist.org (and other sites) exists.

I don't think you have to bring it up.
We're all adults here.
Also, that's why orservlist.org (and other sites) exists.
If you think you get enough info about a server through otservlist then you are (what I believe) a vast minority of the few people that does.
Simply knowing popularity and host location isn't good enough, it's only a surface view of the server. And reading the description in otservlist is just cancer to my eyes. Also if you read in OTLand you might get hints at how many bots & actual players there ACTUALLY are.
"You can just enter their website" Or something along those lines is very off-putting for me personally and I don't believe I'm alone in this. Having a neat post you can read here in OTLand about the server in its entirety is the superior way imo.

If you're bored or tired that's YOU (and a few others).
I am also tired, yes (if you've read my post history).
But taking the frustration to a whole new level of "anger for change" doesn't resolve anything.

Instead of browsing youtube, etc.. I am sure you have enough time to skim through posts to see what suits you and what doesn't.
I disagree with splitting up the advertisement section, it's taking it too far.

Maybe perhaps having "tags" beside the title can resolve all of it.
And maybe a filter/Search query.
Not sure how easy it is.
Even if it's not done, that's fine, it's not a big deal to figure out what servers to check out and not to check out.

nothing gonna get done regardless, it's a pointless discussion because kasper deems it, but thats an issue itself is if a community has a common interest if one poor mod finds it pointless we may as well trash it, but a subforum for strictly RL Projects is smart and completely useful and regardless of what you think it would help fix the annoyance that is RL projects

Back